btw...If you wanna know what Dengue Fever feels like

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

btw...If you wanna know what Dengue Fever feels like

Postby Kurt » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:23 pm

Get your second round of shingles vaccination. 8 hours after your shot you will feel Dengue-y.

The first one I had was over in about 30 hours so unlike having Dengue at least I know this will end and I will only have a sore shoulder.

But, fucking ouch, man.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: btw...If you wanna know what Dengue Fever feels like

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:32 am

I need to get that done, but the down time that follows is the challenge. I’ve heard the vaxx for shingles pretty much knocks you over, but I’ve dodged shingles for too long to keep pushing my luck.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Re: btw...If you wanna know what Dengue Fever feels like

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:42 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:I need to get that done, but the down time that follows is the challenge. I’ve heard the vaxx for shingles pretty much knocks you over, but I’ve dodged shingles for too long to keep pushing my luck.

It takes about 6 hours to start feeling crappy. I am guessing it is 32 to 36 from Shot to feeling good again so maybe 30 hours of feeling crappy. But it just lifts and it's gone but it was so bad I started to convince myself that maybe I caught something else as well.

I had shingles when I was 44 and it was worse than the shot by multiple times.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Return to Black Flag Cafe