Everybody who says "woke" is an idiot

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Everybody who says "woke" is an idiot

Postby sparrow » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:27 am

Can we move on? Life is short.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Re: Everybody who says "woke" is an idiot

Postby ROB » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:36 am

What a woke take.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:27 am

Did I miss something? I just woke up.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:47 am

Has anyone used the term "Yoke of Woke" ? Cuz if I were a right winger holding a superspreader event I would call for freeing America from the Yoke of Woke.
Of course many of my target audience would think I was talking about eggs.
Remember when RYP was always on "Not Woke" with Bill Maher"?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:41 pm

Saying "I waked up this morning" seems even more idiotic.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:11 pm

Honestly, the only people I hear about using this term “woke” are Republicans and MAGA type people. When the word came into fashion I took it to refer to abstention from and elimination of racism, overt and subliminal. A societal correction, as it were. What’s not to be on board about that?
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:36 am

seektravelinfo wrote:Honestly, the only people I hear about using this term “woke” are Republicans and MAGA type people. When the word came into fashion I took it to refer to abstention from and elimination of racism, overt and subliminal. A societal correction, as it were. What’s not to be on board about that?

Do you even RWNJ, bro?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:22 pm

ROB wrote:
seektravelinfo wrote:Honestly, the only people I hear about using this term “woke” are Republicans and MAGA type people. When the word came into fashion I took it to refer to abstention from and elimination of racism, overt and subliminal. A societal correction, as it were. What’s not to be on board about that?

Do you even RWNJ, bro?

No, I don’t even Right Wing Nut Job. Bro.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:05 pm

Woke. Because the term libtard is no longer socially acceptable.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby ROB » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:49 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:Woke. Because the term libtard is no longer socially acceptable.

You'll always be OUR libtard, Rickshaw.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:18 pm

Funny, because it was the left that created it as some sort of left-wing litmus test - "are you woke?"

The right just appropriated it to properly label those on the left that are absolutely batshit nuts (which is quite frankly, almost all of you). Just about everywhere where the left is in charge there has been a complete unraveling of society, a replacement of facts and rationality with feelings - with the caveat that the only feelings that matter are the feelings of those who are higher on the arbitrary victim hierarchy that you have collectively set up. Hey, but you are probably all triple plus vaxxed with the clot shot, so you have that going for you. Enjoy your blood clots, spontaneous cancers, and higher incidence of just dropping dead from cardiac events, because that shit is perfectly normal...because you trust the science.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:02 am

Yep , the left used the term as a joke making fun of themselves just like the left made up Politically Correct as the form of a comic strip where a super hero flies in and demands people stop using the term "girl" for a child and to use the term "pre-woman" instead.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:44 pm

Tarkan wrote: Funny, because it was the left that created it as some sort of left-wing litmus test - "are you woke?"
Think it was culturally appropriated from black people and surprise surprise, now everyone else is making money off of it or clout or influence or whatever the kids call it.

Hey, but you are probably all triple plus vaxxed with the clot shot, so you have that going for you. Enjoy your blood clots, spontaneous cancers, and higher incidence of just dropping dead from cardiac events, because that shit is perfectly normal... because you trust the science.
LOL

Billions of people vaccinated, worldwide, the elderly, cripples and infirm foremost. MSM must be censoring the mobile refrigerator morgues. Like they did in 2020.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Kurt » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:01 am

Unraveling of society.

Not in NYC.

The thing about NYC is crime makes the news here. Like someone robs from a Walgreens and you all are like "It's crazy there" but you do not realize that our crime rate is so low that Walgreens shoplifting makes the news.

Also mass shoplifting was more prevelent 20 years ago. We just have cameras now. If you lived in a poor neighborhood most of the Bodegas got icecream that had been lifted from a Walgreens and then re-sold after it melted and was refroze.

Don't get that now because even the crime has gone down.

But it is always the same thing. High Crime states run by Republicans claim States and areas run by Democrats have gone to hell. Lowest Crime rate in NYC history in the last 60 years was under Bill DeBlasio. Minus covid in 2020 when it went up everywhere.

As far as "falling apart" I am now working for the MTA. I do SCADA and cyber security assessments for ventilation, pumping and train control systems. Yesterday I walked 1.2 miles from Manhattan to Governors Island via tunnel catwalks about 400 feel under the East River.

It was clean.
A bit of dust from the car tires but no wet spots, no absolutely filthy areas and that is part of system that moves 8 million people per day via bridges, tunnels, subways, railways, buses and para-transit.

If the pumping system fails it is all destroyed by brackish water in about 30 hours.

Not exactly falling apart. Kind of dirty in places especially since the whole metro areas is really converted lowland wetlands and the water is always trying to return.

What is gonna fall apart is an Elon Musk Tunnel.

https://www.boringcompany.com/tunnels

Dipshit Who Will Cause Death Via Tunnel wrote: Weatherproof Operation: rain, snow, wind, and surface temperatures do not affect system operation

This is funny. Tunnels amplify weather. It is just amplified later. Unlike hot temperatures on the surface 2 months of heat will build up in a tunnel, cold too. There are places where water freezes in a tunnel when the temp might be a balmy 60 degrees in mid spring. Rain and Snow? Tunnels are where water collects so we have tunnels plus a deep well system below the tunnels and a massive pumping system.

Why do I mention this, because a wet city of 10+ million has not fallen apart while some guy tunneling in the desert tells us tunnels are not affected by weather. (I wont even go into the state of the conduits in a Boring Company Tunnel)

The thing is the Free Market Tunnels are gonna kill people. When a NYC Tunnel kills someone it makes the news cuz all the media lives here and they are lazy for stories.

The problem is that lots of Conservatives basically do not know shit about anything. Courts, Laws and Critical Infrastructure. And unlike other people who do not know about them, they assume that if they do not know about them then they probably do not exist or are optional.

Sure, they can skin a buck and run a trot-line but they would still die en masse because they do not know how the food supply chain works (there are calls to boycott selling food to cities so the Blue States starve without realizing that is not at all how that scenario would play out.)

Anyway, we do not govern by emotion. Stuff is held together by people who know shit. You call this the "Deep State" and want to dismantle it so Trump can be king.

That is dumb.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:54 pm

Kurt wrote:Unraveling of society.

Not in NYC.

The thing about NYC is crime makes the news here. Like someone robs from a Walgreens and you all are like "It's crazy there" but you do not realize that our crime rate is so low that Walgreens shoplifting makes the news.

There are a couple of large cities that are largely anomalous when it comes to violent crime or lack thereof - NYC and El Paso being the two that come to mind.

NYC has a lot of geographical and capital advantages that inoculate it against a certain level of mismanagement.

But it is always the same thing. High Crime states run by Republicans claim States and areas run by Democrats have gone to hell. Lowest Crime rate in NYC history in the last 60 years was under Bill DeBlasio. Minus covid in 2020 when it went up everywhere.

Here's the thing - most violent crime is clustered in low income urban environments. Not that you don't violent crime elsewhere, but you don't get 75 deaths per 100,000 residents in bumfuck Mississippi, but you do in certain neighborhoods of Baltimore or East St. Louis. And you can credit Democrats with most well managed cities, and you can blame Democrats for most poorly managed cities because once urban areas reach a certain size, city management tends to veer sharply to the left. I don't think one party rule has been all that beneficial to San Francisco, Portland, or Seattle.

I do find it funny / amusing that NYC was complaining about things falling apart when Abbott sent 10,000 migrants your way over the course of several months, when that was one busy day in El Paso this year. As if Texas was granted through divine intervention the endless ability and facilities and funding to absorb millions of immigrants while New York - Ellis Island notwithstanding - was not. And now at least a few New Yorkers are shouting about closing the border.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe