"The 15 Minute City" conspiracy

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

"The 15 Minute City" conspiracy

Postby Kurt » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:26 pm

Shortly after the horrid Maui wildfires I started seeing things like " This is a 15 minute city false flag"

So if you are like me you said "what the fuck is a 15 minute city?"

Anyway, a 15 minute city sounds kinda nice. Everything, housing, medical, work, school and shopping all within 15 minutes of each other. Less commute times, more free times, less deliveries and close, community based hospitals.

Doesnt really exist in the USA except in some expensive NYC neighborhoods and a few smaller university towns I have been to.

But the conspiracy in Maui is that "The Deep State" set the fire so towns would burn and be made into a 15 minute city.

Thats it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: "The 15 Minute City" conspiracy

Postby Kurt » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:45 pm

Of course Zero Hedge was on this back in late 2022.

The theory is that a 15 minute City makes it easier for Government to track us and force us to submit to "climate lockdowns"

As if blocking a road in rural areas is so fucking difficult now and as if Facebook and Tik Tok survey us already (Tik Tok can screenshot your phone at anytime and send it to the company that runs it and then that data can be taken anytime by the Chinese Government.

Of course Chinese companies and anyone else can just purchase data from Facebook, instagram, cellular carriers, google, akmai, Microsoft, adobe etc etc.

So all the Deep State has to do is spend their arson money in tbe public sector and they have a ready made surviellance state.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:02 pm

We have them here. Not very popular.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Kurt » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:12 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:We have them here. Not very popular.

But no Ministry of Arson to burn cities to the ground to build 15 minute cities in their place?

I though the UK was progressive?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:18 pm

Kurt wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:We have them here. Not very popular.

But no Ministry of Arson to burn cities to the ground to build 15 minute cities in their place?

I though the UK was progressive?

Not yet. Just a lot of passed off motorists. I think some councils have ended up removing then.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby snaark » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:50 pm

I would say every city becomes a 15 minute city when you don't have to commute. Since I started working in home office I hardly drive at all. I can reach everything easily in under 15mins. By bike.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:54 am

So it was not always called the 15 minute city but the concept has been around for say, 10,000 years. Ever wondered why they built that apartment building near that plaza 50 years ago in (insert pretty well every City on the planet)? Perhaps it was because not everyone in the apartment could afford a car or maybe were elderly and building housing with density next to a plaza gave people that lived there options and getting their day to day needs. That's a 15 minute City, although a 10 minute city is often referred to.

So in February in Oxford there was some discussion on the 15 minute City and some proposal on vehicle restrictions. Synapses went off and some "free thinker" came up with the idea of a 15 minute concentration camp and the WEF (read the Jews) were behind this, and the brain damaged conspiracy twats started sniffing each others butts and the conspiracy took off.

It is hilarious as the WEF has no influence on how Cities are planned (In Canada it entirely at the Provincial level so you can't even blame trudeau).
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:41 am

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:
So in February in Oxford there was some discussion on the 15 minute City and some proposal on vehicle restrictions. Synapses went off and some "free thinker" came up with the idea of a 15 minute concentration camp and the WEF (read the Jews) were behind this, and the brain damaged conspiracy twats started sniffing each others butts and the conspiracy took off.

It is hilarious as the WEF has no influence on how Cities are planned (In Canada it entirely at the Provincial level so you can't even blame trudeau).

With all the global right wing shit i still find it hard to believe that so many people do not know how things work. Like what you mentioned. And the idea that Federal Court in Washington DC can be taken over by congress cuz congress could legally govern the City of Washington DC ....but not Federal courts in the DC jurisdiction (MAGA is calling for congress to take over DC to save Trump) and now ECOWAS is obeying the USA in mobilizing troops in Niger.

The problem with these conspiracies is even though they fall flat on their face once some kind of Jurisdiction is mentioned the effort to refute is much larger than the effort to create.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:26 am

snaark wrote:I would say every city becomes a 15 minute city when you don't have to commute. Since I started working in home office I hardly drive at all. I can reach everything easily in under 15mins. By bike.

You're like the fucking vegans of transport.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:38 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:the WEF has no influence on how Cities are planned
That's what they want you to believe.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby snaark » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:21 pm

ROB wrote:
snaark wrote:I would say every city becomes a 15 minute city when you don't have to commute. Since I started working in home office I hardly drive at all. I can reach everything easily in under 15mins. By bike.

"Vegans of Transport" is the name of my indie pop band.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:50 pm

snaark wrote:
ROB wrote:

"Vegans of Transport" is the name of my indie pop band.

Isn't it almost time for you to move back to Australia and start lecturing people how much better things are done overseas?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:41 am

ROB wrote:Isn't it almost time for you to move back to Australia and start lecturing people how much better things are done overseas?

In the 1980s in the US guys would do that after returning. They would wear black tights and talk about Nutella.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:15 am

ROB wrote:Isn't it almost time for you to move back to Australia and start lecturing people how much better things are done overseas?

Why? I can do that over Skype!
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby dogtanian » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:37 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:So it was not always called the 15 minute city but the concept has been around for say, 10,000 years. Ever wondered why they built that apartment building near that plaza 50 years ago in (insert pretty well every City on the planet)? Perhaps it was because not everyone in the apartment could afford a car or maybe were elderly and building housing with density next to a plaza gave people that lived there options and getting their day to day needs. That's a 15 minute City, although a 10 minute city is often referred to.

Oh really?
https://www.weforum.org/organizations/c ... ship-group
"Truth is cool; but unattainable..."
dogtanian
BFCus Regularus

Location: Amsterdam - Douala - HCMC - Singapore - Wellington - Whistler

Return to Black Flag Cafe