Well it's kickin off in the middle east again.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re:

Postby Tarkan » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:15 pm

el3so wrote:Outrage and other emotions are bound to silence moderates on both sides for a while. That is understandable.
Tarkan wrote: I'll be more convinced that Israel is serious about cleaning out Hamas, root and stem, if they stop roof knocking before blowing up buildings in Gaza. Given the public reception from the Palestinian crowds that the Hamas terrorists got when they paraded brutalized and murdered naked women and little captive kids when they got back to Gaza, it would be hard for me to consider any resident of Gaza as anything but part of the broader terrorist outfit if I was Israeli.
Can't "clean(ing) Hamas out, root and stem" by anything short of genocide or eugenics program.
Western democracy, rules of engagement, professional standards, legal repercussions and all that jazz means those haven't been an option since WW2.

I think the neo-liberal post-WW2 system is on it's death bed.

I think it's abundantly clear that Gaza and the people in it are much like the last holdouts for ISIS were in Baghouz. They aren't ever going to give up on their dream of murdering and massacring Jews and infidels, and if you can't contain safely them, then your options are - resign yourself to being a victim, or kill before you are killed.

Hamas has successfully created a death cult at all levels of society.

Again, these people - "civilians" and "militants" cheered one and all when dead bodies of teenagers who were at a rave were brought back to be abused and spit on, locked up little toddlers in dog cages to be used as hostages and bargaining chips, paraded little kids around and let Palestinian kids hit and beat on them, and - for the kids they killed in the houses where they found them - shot their faces repeatedly so they would be unrecognizable.

I don't know, as an Israeli, you walk away from this thinking "well, we'll go in and prosecute these criminals to the fullest extent of the law, and hand them down a stiff jail sentence!"
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:27 pm

Tarkan wrote: They aren't ever going to give up on their dream of murdering and massacring Jews and infidels, and if you can't contain safely them, then your options are - resign yourself to being a victim, or kill before you are killed.
Logical conclusion to that premise entails genocide or eugenics. It is not a productive or healthy line of thought IMO.
Tarkan wrote: Again, these people - "civilians" and "militants" cheered one and all when dead bodies of teenagers who were at a rave were brought back to be abused and spit on, locked up little toddlers in dog cages to be used as hostages and bargaining chips, paraded little kids around and let Palestinian kids hit and beat on them, and - for the kids they killed in the houses where they found them - shot their faces repeatedly so they would be unrecognizable.
There being footage of violence does not mean the facts (injury, death, rape, human suffering) change, that is just a matter of optics/public relations. There are children and other bystanders on both sides. Palestinians used to win that part of the media war, showing off toddler corpses, kids going up against tanks, whole well-coordinated shebang that garnered sympathy with the intended audience. Guess Hamas forgot to read that part of the memo, we'll see how it plays out.

Still, quite a big leap from mobilising the military and more flexible rules of engagement to carting off the whole Gaza strip population for a one-way train trip. Morality aside, it never was a practical, let alone final solution.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Well it's kickin off in the middle east again.

Postby ROB » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:13 am

Ironically, the only people we really need to eradicate from society are otherwise intelligent people who logic their way into thinking genocide is a great solution.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:41 am

ROB wrote:Ironically, the only people we really need to eradicate from society are otherwise intelligent people who logic their way into thinking genocide is a great solution.

You mean like the good folks in Hamas that advocate for the extermination of the Jews?
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:19 am

Tarkan wrote:
ROB wrote:Ironically, the only people we really need to eradicate from society are otherwise intelligent people who logic their way into thinking genocide is a great solution.

You mean like the good folks in Hamas that advocate for the extermination of the Jews?

I am sure there is a point there somewhere.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:59 pm

ROB wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

I am sure there is a point there somewhere.

You know exactly what my point is, and your pretentious strutting and preening about your supposed moral superiority is just a coward's cloak. So you're fine saying bullshit like "the only people we really need to eradicate from society are otherwise intelligent people who logic their way into thinking genocide is a great solution" - while intimating that people that say we should kill every single Hamas member and supporter are the REAL problems, not the people that go into villages and slaughter everyone, behead toddlers, and then take grisly trophies back to their homes to celebrate with their bestest, closest friends. But hey, you do you.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:31 am

Old video, but relevant to Hamas. I think Rob was the woman in this video.

https://twitter.com/Kevin__McMahon/stat ... 2036862198
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

do you ever read your own posts?

Postby el3so » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:36 pm

Tarkan wrote:while intimating that people that say we should kill every single Hamas member and supporter are the REAL problems
Dunno about ROB but I'd rather get called a coward by someone that never served than be deemed unhinged by anyone with a brain and half a conscience.
Gaza and the people in it are much like the last holdouts for ISIS (...) They aren't ever going to give up on their dream of murdering and massacring Jews and infidels, and if you can't contain safely them, then your options are - resign yourself to being a victim, or kill before you are killed.
So you kill "them" all as well as their offspring and siblings, because otherwise you'd be at best postponing the next attack/intifada for at most a generation. Same as with solving it "root and stem", a granny or woman can pick up an AK or don a suicide vest just as well as an adolescent male, best to err on the safe side and just do the whole fucking village (of over 2 million inhabitants).
"All levels of society"? Surely the population of the Gaza strip isn't homogeneous, doubt any group of 2 million plus humans is. I take it the ones not voicing their disapproval of the terrorist attacks are guilty by association.
Again, these people - "civilians" and "militants" cheered one and all
If that's the height of the bar you set for accountability and deem the civilians (I'll be lenient and assume you only mean the unarmed people seen cheering, not the ones cowering in shelters or at work as, say, paramedics) accomplices for supporting the cause, it sure sounds like a call for indiscriminate killing. Might be the language barrier.

There aren't enough psychopaths in the whole IDF to pull it off.
Doubt there'd be anyone sane left that doesn't resign if the Israelis start giving out those kinds of orders.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: do you ever read your own posts?

Postby Tarkan » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:04 pm

el3so wrote:
Tarkan wrote:while intimating that people that say we should kill every single Hamas member and supporter are the REAL problems
Dunno about ROB but I'd rather get called a coward by someone that never served than be deemed unhinged by anyone with a brain and half a conscience.
Gaza and the people in it are much like the last holdouts for ISIS (...) They aren't ever going to give up on their dream of murdering and massacring Jews and infidels, and if you can't contain safely them, then your options are - resign yourself to being a victim, or kill before you are killed.
So you kill "them" all as well as their offspring and siblings, because otherwise you'd be at best postponing the next attack/intifada for at most a generation. Same as with solving it "root and stem", a granny or woman can pick up an AK or don a suicide vest just as well as an adolescent male, best to err on the safe side and just do the whole fucking village (of over 2 million inhabitants).
"All levels of society"? Surely the population of the Gaza strip isn't homogeneous, doubt any group of 2 million plus humans is. I take it the ones not voicing their disapproval of the terrorist attacks are guilty by association.
Again, these people - "civilians" and "militants" cheered one and all
If that's the height of the bar you set for accountability and deem the civilians (I'll be lenient and assume you only mean the unarmed people seen cheering, not the ones cowering in shelters or at work as, say, paramedics) accomplices for supporting the cause, it sure sounds like a call for indiscriminate killing. Might be the language barrier.

There aren't enough psychopaths in the whole IDF to pull it off.
Doubt there'd be anyone sane left that doesn't resign if the Israelis start giving out those kinds of orders.

I think it's telling that Rob has no problem suggesting I need to be eliminated, but somehow can't bring himself to suggest Hamas should be eliminated.

So anyway el3so, since you seem to be a fairly even keeled guy, how many Jewish families should be allowed to be butchered by Hamas on an annual basis? What's the tag limit for Hamas, since their stated goal is the total elimination of Jews, not just the ones that happen to be in Israel today. They view it as their divine mission.

So, take a graph of two poles. On one end you have "kill all Hamas", and on the other, "let Hamas kill all Jews", where would you position yourself on the line? Knowing, of course, that the Israelis would probably have, a week ago at least, been content with co-existence, but Hamas never will.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Arab

Postby el3so » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:31 pm

Tarkan wrote: They view it as their divine mission.
Funny how divine missions tend to end in violence. Sometimes even ankle deep in heathen blood levels of violence.
But people like to believe those were the olden days. And that it takes someone being a human animal instead of a human to stoop to those levels.
So, take a graph of two poles. On one end you have "kill all Hamas", and on the other, "let Hamas kill all Jews", where would you position yourself on the line?
That's like asking me if I'd rather rape a redhead than a blonde. To which my reply would be the same as the one I am going to give you: "I would like to call my lawyer."
j/k man, it is good to exchange ideas. You know any antagonism is just internet talk, right?

Edibles 'bout to kick in, drink in my glass and no-one else in my bed so sure, I'll shoot the shit, do my € 0.02 worth of Israel-Palestine. I try to be aware of cultural biases and have tried to keep an open mind about both sides. It is very easy to think or say "I don't care, dead foreigners all look the same to me. Still don't gotta go to work tomorrow."

First off it's an old quarrel. Jesus got born in Nazareth, Bible said he was the one going up against the Abrahamic priests. Judea and shit, old crony Jew priests and this young whippersnapper claiming he's the Son of God. The region was of course ruled by the Romans. Fast forward, Jewish diaspora and them getting treated like crap a constant. By white people because those are the ones writing most of the history books I have read. 6 centuries or so later, Muhammad lives, Islam is born. Adds another chapter to the book of God. I know that during the Crusades there were Jewish people as well as Muslims in the region, the heathen thing in the second sentence of my post. Fast forward again, the Holocaust, Jewish refugees find very little places to go, Germans trying to exterminate them, anti-semitism sentiment is obvious in most of Europe. Remember that pic that got that mma fightster cancelled, hunting Jews in Eastern Europe. It is a revolting subject and it foreces one to come to grips wit the darker aspects of humanity. Israel is a post WW2 state, Palestinians have been Ottoman&Brit empires' subjects. Suffice to say, neither party is going to move out. Very few places to go and start your own country nowadays. Neighbouring countries think Palestinians make bad guests and they have their own domestic issues, even past Arab spring, one of which is their stance re: Israel, being the arch enemy and main scapegoat (Mossad did it!) for many Middle East regimes for quite a while.

Second, it's a juxtaposition of political systems. Israel vs the Gaza strip government. Israel seems like a vibrant Western democracy, Golda Meir ran the place back in what?, I remember reading Haaretz in the early 2000s figuring a free foreign news paper is a free news paper. Fcuk, they partake in Euro Vision, transsexual person won it for them back in 1998. Hamas came up like a grass roots thing (but sponsored by Iran, no?) promising something else than the corrupt older/other thing they had going. I am not up to speed on the subject. That'll be the edibles. They are Shiite Muslims, like the Protestants of Islam. I am solely going off of stereotypes here but I doubt there is much LGBTQA+ representation. Maybe the Palestinians have a free press, exposing public figures engaged in illegal behavior I dunno. Maybe they do have LGBTQA+ representation, I dunno. Mind's eye it's probably austere dudes, serious people. They have the birth rates going for them though.

But yeah, having a historic political grievance and the old bosses not changing much but growing fat on kickbacks, sure, let's give this new guy a chance, he sounds hardcore. I can dig that, you hear that kinda talk in the most Western of nation states. And he/they have the ideology and the outside support and let's face it, if you grow up in a place like the Palestine I grew up seeing on tv, yeah, that die on your feet, not on your knees stuff probably hits different, so there will always be volunteers for the cause. Anyone with career prospects 'd leave. But there is more to life than leaving the place you call home and make money. Even then. There are cadres, part of the organisation is clandestine, armed struggle against a modern state with mandatory service that has the full support of the USA. There is no "keep dying until they grow tired of killing us and go home" option. I know that grow tired instead of lose domestic support sounds very callous but we are exchanging ideas here.

And there are the strategies. They do not have to be logical. For Israel it's easy, maintain territorial integrity and limit (first off, your own) casualties, have the politicians sign off on budgets. For the Palestinians/Hamas it is different. I know they have a charter and want to destroy all of Israel. But I saw an interview with an Israeli spy master that had talked with the opposing side. Spook said the Palestinian dude (not Hamas) said he knew they were never going to win but victory for them was knowing the other side suffered. Shiite Islam has a fatalistic side to it. That'd be the death cult thing. It is a hard one to crack and I certainly am no theologian. But then again, we had our religious wars with the Protestant scum so there should be some way of life to be found. Again, I kid but there are Christian, Jewish and other minorities present in the Middle East. Israel has significant numbers of both Ethiopian and Russian immigrants. Racist angle was more obvious in Algeria IMO, I can understand French people, dunno about Middle Easterners. Yo Tark, you think Palestinians are Africans? LOL

Anyways, Palestinians/Hamas do not have an air force or armored or other divisions. They are aware that the goal of terrorism is upping the violence so moderates get tuned out on both sides and more violence is/seems the only solution. The cruelty being the point. There is no collateral damage, charter says all Jews, meanwhile every single one of your own (civilian, right?) casualties is a martyr. The other side has chosen to abide by self-imposed rules of engagement and wants to avoid media outrage, both foreign and domestic. It is I think fair to say there is systemic violence involved in maintaining the state of Israel and that Hamas is by all means the underdog. Hamas shit about slitting some kaffir throat might play in the region, I dunno, haven't looked at gore in ages, Israel was fast to pump out the IR footage of terrorists getting zapped like bugs. Terrorism is funny like that.

Both sides are not and cannot be held up to the same level of standards. Israel being a modern Western democracy is forced to choose the high way. I of course identify most with them. If I were an Israeli taxpayer seeing the carnage, I'd might get a gun. Or more ammo. Doubt that'd change much if I were to identify as me but with the cut penis with or without the curly sideburns, a single mom, a queer person or some Palestinian trying to make it over there. If I'd be a Palestinian I'd probably be dead or in some grey site courtesy of Israel. Or maybe not, I dunno. Getting a tad dramatic her, damned ebidles. So I chalk your choice up as those posts calling for American troops to dip bullets in pork fat. It appeals to base instincts. It is fueled in part by propaganda. Professionals probably cringed and got on with the job. There are better bulk lubricants, I know that much.

So the conclusion: I cannot answer your question Tarkan.
I understand the viewpoints are set in stone tablets and chances of compromise are impacted by every instance of violence. That is why I said the cycle continues in my first post.
I hope at some point moderates will prevail, maybe modern technology will help in crossing bridges and fostering understanding. Maybe future generations will set aside ancient grievances and come to understand there is a collective bigger pie to divvy up. Izzy mdma, some hashish, couple of olive-skinned curly-haired mynxes, sign me up for that, screw all them dead old fucks wasting their lives on whose grandpappy owned what piece of rock-strewn goat pasture hill.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby sparrow » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:27 am

In the words of George Carlin

More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason.

also,

Thou shall keep thine religion to thine self Hamas

Please

Enjoy the buzz el3so

Cheers
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby snaark » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:27 pm

sparrow wrote:More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason.

This has fuck all to do with god.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:14 pm

^Couldn't agree more. I personally don't believe in any of it. But many people use it as an excuse to justify their behaviour and actions.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:51 pm

Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Mr.PocketsOfSteel » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:01 pm

Tarkan wrote:Well, RIckshaw, I dunno, but I do know weak men create hard times, and we have one weak, dementia addled piece of pedophile shit* running the White House today.

* https://www.wtrf.com/top-stories/allege ... -in-diary/

BOOM!
Mr.PocketsOfSteel

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe