Finally found my password

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Finally found my password

Postby RYP » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:22 pm

Damn interesting retro stuff here. I am going to be doing an interview about Keith Idema for a doc some folks are doing. The stuff on the JITW is interesting too. Maybe there is a doc to be made about all the folks that showed up here and went on to do stupid things vs the people who stayed and did smart things.

I am editing away from trips to Libya, Chad, Ukraine,Nigeria, etc etc. It seems very easy to get to war zones these days. Just ask any Israeli.

Sudan seems to be ignored.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Re: Finally found my password

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:54 pm

Sudan seems to be ignored

Karima is nice enough but I bet the place would enjoy a bit more popularity if you could get a drink or ten.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby stillme » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:33 am

I did not nor my username here's to new beginnings boys.
stillme

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:16 pm

RYP wrote:Damn interesting retro stuff here. I am going to be doing an interview about Keith Idema for a doc some folks are doing. The stuff on the JITW is interesting too. Maybe there is a doc to be made about all the folks that showed up here and went on to do stupid things vs the people who stayed and did smart things.

I am editing away from trips to Libya, Chad, Ukraine,Nigeria, etc etc. It seems very easy to get to war zones these days. Just ask any Israeli.

Sudan seems to be ignored.

It’s good to see you here & I hope you make appearances more often. The “glory days” of the BFC seemed to me to be reflective of the Wild West of the early days of social media, what with the Sturm und Drang of some of the participants and the subsequent fallout.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:53 pm

Welcome back to your own site, I guess.

I still love the DPX HEST, my first run Chop has a weird finish to parts of the blade.

Nice to be able to actually speak to the maker of the knives though. Hope all is well.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:54 pm

Devlin wrote:Welcome back to your own site, I guess.

I still love the DPX HEST, my first run Chop has a weird finish to parts of the blade.

Nice to be able to actually speak to the maker of the knives though. Hope all is well.

Man I wish I still had mine. Some fucker stole it and I haven't been in a position the last couple of years to get another one. One day...
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:12 am

Chimborazo wrote:

Man I wish I still had mine. Some fucker stole it and I haven't been in a position the last couple of years to get another one. One day...

The Chop ? It is badass.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby Darcy » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:25 pm

Yeah, still carry a DPx HEST folder despite numerous forays into Emersons and ZTs, and I did this deep dive into Randalls then Winklers then Half Face, and noted my favoured Half Face Crow Scout is almost exactly my DPx HEST 4....

I quite enjoyed explaining to a SEAL just who designed the cool knife on my plate carrier

Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:10 pm

Devlin wrote:
Chimborazo wrote:

The Chop ? It is badass.

No, it was my DPX HEST/F from the first run. I still have my HEST fixed blade.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe