Trump off the ballot in Colorado

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Trump off the ballot in Colorado

Postby Tarkan » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:25 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:I get it, Orange Man is bad

Just think about that for a moment.

Trump is orange. That color is basically the weird little Hitler-stache of our era. Trump lovers, like you, try to make it seem like it is all and only about an orange man and the simplicity of his critics arguments are based on physical appearance.

But the dude wears wayyyy to much make up, he has weird hair and he is fat. He is a sexual assaulter (declared via due process in Civil Court.) He admitted in court that he was responsible for everything in "preventing fraud" at Trump Org after Trump Org was convicted of fraud (following due process in Civil Court).

So we got a weird ass rapey, fraudster who summoned his supporters to overturn the 2020 election leading to one acquittal , one conviction without a jail sentence and hundreds of convictions with jail time (all following due process) and he happens to be Orange.

Of course Orange Man Bad.

Funny thing is, I don't actually love Trump. I'd rather have DeSantis as the nominee, or even Vivek even though I suspect he's just saying shit some of us want to hear. It's funny, but not surprising, that you Democrats, hating Trump as much as you hated Lincoln, would dush off the old Democratic playbook to deny people to actually vote for the candidate of their choice, you know, to protect democracy. If Trump legitimately lost last time, and Biden is doing such a bang up job this time, why are you even worried about a Trump run?
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:20 pm

Kurt wrote:
ROB wrote:It's literally due process you fucking retard.

Just as it will be when it's overturned.

Its also in our Constitution. No one who has engaged in Insurrection against the US can hold office.

The lower court claimed that though he engaged in an insurrection a state primary was not to hold office.

Both courts agreed he engaged in insurrection but the higher court viewed a primary as part of the election itself.

Colorado Republicans can switch from a primary to a Caucus, nominate Trump and then challenge the high court ruling to the supreme court.

But yah, due process was followed.

Ever since you were ass fucked by that guy with the law degree I actually chuckle when you try to make a point about law.

It's cute.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:11 pm

I don't remember any of this. Who was the poster? Would be kind da fun to read some of these old threads.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:11 pm

Tarkan wrote:
ROB wrote:
Tarkan wrote:I get it, Orange Man is bad, and we have to protect the people from themselves by allowing them to only vote for candidates that we approve of.

It's the perfect way to protect democracy.

I mean, why wait for due process or a trial or a verdict when we can just ban who we don't like immediately without all that messy legal stuff?

It's literally due process you fucking retard.

Just as it will be when it's overturned.

Due process would, I think, require a criminal conviction of some kind. Trump hasn't been convicted. They even attempted to impeach him for "insurrection" and failed.

The problem is that Trump is doing everything he can to avoid trials because he knows he broke a lot of laws and he knows he'll lose. He is afraid, otherwise he would be chomping at the bit to go to trial and clear his name. But instead, he is employing every possible stall tactic in the hopes that he wins the election prior to any trial. And if he doesn't win, we're going to have 2020 all over again with an even more distorted reality that makes this shit look sane, and J6 will look like the peaceful protest you all claim it was compared to what Trump and his acolytes do next. If he wins, he'll do everything he can to dismantle our democratic processes that conservatives claim to love. What somewhat baffles me about people who support Trump and also claim to be in favor of democratic forms of government is that he is not in favor of democratic forms of government, and it doesn't require much speculation to believe that; he outright fucking says it.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:42 pm

Trump's Second impeachment is due process that he engaged in insurrection. He didnt get the 2/3 vote in the Senate to convict him. Just like Bill Clinton was impeached for lying under oath but The senate did not convict him.

Congress has jurisdiction over the charges and the Senate has jurisdiction over the consequences.

Lack of a conviction is not "innocence" in this matter. A failed impeachment is.

Also, Courts do not have to try every single event when it has been determined by other courts that the event happened. That is why J6 defendants were not allowed to bring up the "Trump Won" or "I believed Trump won" defense. It wasn't because the widdle snowfwakes were picked on because the "Deep State" hates Trump. It is actually a Legal precedent that existed and has been used and reviewed since Blackstone.

With the Multiple convictions of J6 criminals for Seditious conspiracy and the multiple court cases that refute election fraud, The Colorado Supreme Court did not need to determine first that there wasn't fraud, that an insurrection occurred and with Trump's second impeachment they did not need to determine that Trump fomented an insurrection.

Like I said before, a problem is Trump supporters don't know how shit works and when they do know they try to dismantle it.

And i think it was Skiritai you are all thinking of.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:51 pm

I was reading some Roger Parloff (Lawyer turned legal reporter for Lawfare) and the three dissenting Judges agreed that Trump did engage in Insurrection but decided to reer to the Common Law ideal of Cri du Coeur or "Cry from the Heart" (maybe its Napoleonic Code....dunno)

This is basically a claim of "Hey! No fair!" Followed by a list or consequences ranging from fear of the unknown to specific issues.

Basically saying "yes, this is the law and the law was violated but justice is better served without consequences"

So a hungry person stealing food is a good example: A crime is committed. That crime has a victim. But the criminal and society will not benefit rom consequences and therefore the victim must bear the burden of loss.

Other examples of its application are less humane. When cops kill people and opt out of a jury trial they use cri du coeur as basically " yes, there is a crime and a victim but if consequences are applied, chaos may happen. Cops may quit, black people may no linger be afraid and carry out massacres of whites*.

The three dissenting Judges basically used this thinking of MAGA induced violence and that no Candidate, not even KGB bagman Gus Hall, has ever been removed from the ballot before so it was "hey! No fair! and we do not want to induce MAGA to kill people.

Cri du Coeur has valid legal precedent.

*(this is still used in the US and has been since 1804. It was used to object to 1862 Emancipation Proclamation with the theory being that Slavery kept Free Blacks in line. It caused a stock market crash in London and Paris because of that theory and German brokers bought the dip and made a killing)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:47 pm

The counter to Cri du Coeur is Fiat jusitia ruat caelum or "Let justice be done though the heavens fall"

This claims a classical provenance from Julius Ceasar's father-in-law Piso, but it was really used in England in 1772 in Somerset Vs. Stewart.

Somerset was a slave purchased by Stewart in Boston and he escaped, was captured and was about to be transported to Jamaica to be sold to a Plantation as punishment for his escape. His godparents sued to halt the sale and free him. The argument was that freeing him, though lawful and right, would sew chaos in Jamaica And America by threatening the cashmaker that was slavery. Stewart did a classic "cri du coeur" plea and the plaintiff said "justice Trumps the natural order"

This was also done to free The Scottsboro Boys in the 1930s. The plea against freeing them was basically the same as Somerset Vs. Stewart.

Its weird how often cri du coeur Vs. Fiat Justitia ruat calum has dealt with the treatment of black people.

Fiat justitia ruat calum also has an established legal precedence.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:20 pm

Kurt wrote: And I think it was Skiritai you are all thinking of.

An officer, a gentleman and a lawyer. Sounds like the opening line of a joke, all three of them walking into a bar.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:14 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:I get it, Orange Man is bad

Just think about that for a moment.

Trump is orange. That color is basically the weird little Hitler-stache of our era. Trump lovers, like you, try to make it seem like it is all and only about an orange man and the simplicity of his critics arguments are based on physical appearance.

But the dude wears wayyyy to much make up, he has weird hair and he is fat. He is a sexual assaulter (declared via due process in Civil Court.) He admitted in court that he was responsible for everything in "preventing fraud" at Trump Org after Trump Org was convicted of fraud (following due process in Civil Court).

So we got a weird ass rapey, fraudster who summoned his supporters to overturn the 2020 election leading to one acquittal , one conviction without a jail sentence and hundreds of convictions with jail time (all following due process) and he happens to be Orange.

Of course Orange Man Bad.

It’s Orange Stinky Man. Now making the news is that Trump has a foul body odor. The Lincoln Project, a consortium of disgruntled Republicans, have even released an ad about it. So yeah, he’s fat, has weird hair and wears too much makeup, AND he stinks.

He could have a medical condition that causes the odor (even though his chosen physicians tout him as 1000% healthy) or wears adult diapers that he doesn’t change frequently enough. Or, he chooses NOT to bathe which is a sign of mental illness, OR, because the bathrooms at Mar A Lago are too full of classified documents to get to the shower spigot. Also, some cosmetic ingredients such as self-tanners have a bad smell of their own which when interacting with his body chemistry could cause an offensive olfactory experience.

Of course the Trump Team is hopping mad about the claims that he’s Mr. Stinky but the best come-back they have is that his GOP critic Adam Kinsinger farted once, which only reminds me of that time Giuliani copiously farted (and it was those loud wet farts) WHILE TESTIFYING TO CONGRESS (he was drunk) about “the stolen elections”.

Can Trump’s GOP pass the smell test? I think not.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:52 pm

As funny as it is I think it might be a bit of a smear campaign.

I first heard about it through someone who was on staff at The Apprentice. Said he smelled like BO and hot makeup. But under hot lights in a wool suit that is lined and not tropic weight I suspect he did smell a bit rank. Then I think it got bigger from there.

But whether true or not it is just desserts in a way, considering how many lies he has told about others (most recently that a bearded dude at his damages trial was the Judges son when it was really a mostly friendly New York Post reporter. https://nypost.com/2023/12/19/news/its- ... aud-trial/ )

But saying someone is stinky (like Alex Jones did to Hilary Clinton in 2016) can create an unconscious negative reaction. I know I am really vulnerable to that sort of suggestion and I know others who are as well. I am surprised someone did not think of this in 2016 or 2020, but they didn't, and that is what makes me doubt it (unless fecal incontinence is really recent...I mean that is one of the easier conditions to diagnose)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:57 pm

How I always say "MAGA does not know how shit works" and that is a problem today. Court proceedings are about a procedure and jurisdiction and then from there you move on to Justice.

Michigan allowed Trump on their ballot and Maine booted him off. Trump said
Orange, Fat, Broke-Ass Bastard wrote:“The Maine Secretary of State is a former ACLU attorney, a virulent leftist and a hyper-partisan Biden-supporting Democrat who has decided to interfere in the presidential election on behalf of Crooked Joe Biden,"

No matter how much or how little of that statement is true it does not change the fact that under Maine's law she can decide. I am guessing the courts should and will review that power.

Michigan is different and has different criteria that must be met before a candidate can be declared an insurrectionist so they allowed Trump on the Ballot.

States rights, right?

Wisconsin has the WEC to decide who and who cannot be on the ballot. They decided that Trump can be on the Ballot and so the owner of the Minoqua Brewing Company filed a complaint and the WEC said they cannot investigate complaints against themselves so they rejected it.

All courses of action are gone because that is the Law, unless an appeal is made to a Court that agrees to have Jurisdiction. So a small committee has dictatorial powers and will not investigate complaints against itself in the matter of ballots. Sucks but this is the Law. Tough shit.

Anyway here is a handy-dandy guide to each state's election laws and procedures.

https://boltsmag.org/whats-on-the-ballo ... me-courts/
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:33 pm

Kurt
In Manus Manus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe