Sleepy Joe kept the files at home too

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Sleepy Joe kept the files at home too

Postby ROB » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:08 am

Kurt wrote:
ROB wrote:You'll have to remind me what I said about law...

The Document wrote:We conclude that no criminal charges are warranted in this matter. We would reach the same conclusion even if Department of Justice policy did not foreclose criminal charges against a sitting president.

Reread what I wrote.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:08 pm

I agree with Biden negative zero percent. I don't like him, never have

That being said...What's going on with him is legit elder abuse.

He's not there. He's a Muppet. Instead of doing the Hannity and Levin and Borgino narrative of focusing on Biden, anyone in their right and moral mind would be going after the absolute fucksticks that are using a man with full on dementia for their personal and political gain.

Reagan 2.0.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:45 pm

And let's look on the upside here.

This paves the way beautifully for Michelle Obama.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:58 pm

ROB wrote:And let's look on the upside here.

This paves the way beautifully for Michelle Obama.

Now do the Republican's switch. I'd love to see anything other than a repeat of 2020.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:37 pm

Stupid/suicide to not run an incumbent. But yeah, it will be interesting who both parties will push for 2028.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Kurt » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:10 am

el3so wrote:Stupid/suicide to not run an incumbent. But yeah, it will be interesting who both parties will push for 2028.

We got two incumbents. Usually an incumbent gets a sizable lead over the newcomer with Carter being the major exception and Bush I and Trump being simple exceptions.
The best way for a less popular incumbent to beat a slightly more popular one is to remove the incumbency advantage.
Trump must be portrayed as a criminal (not hard at all) while the best bet to beat Biden is to convince Democrats to remove him from the ticket and run a non-incumbent.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:23 pm

Alphabet wrote:I agree with Biden negative zero percent. I don't like him, never have

He's not there. He's a Muppet. Instead of doing the Hannity and Levin and Borgino narrative of focusing on Biden, anyone in their right and moral mind would be going after the absolute fucksticks that are using a man with full on dementia for their personal and political gain.

Reagan 2.0.

I'd argue Biden is much further gone cognitively than Reagan is. Reagan was still effective at giving speeches (without teleprompter) when he left office. Biden struggles even with a teleprompter to actually give a speech.

There are times when he's clearly very confused about where he is and who people in front of him are with the "elder" confusion writ large on his face.

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/about-dem ... sundowning
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:24 pm

Let's face it, if you're worried about Biden's noggin, then you should be worried about Trump's too.

See how evenly applying standards works?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:31 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Alphabet wrote:I agree with Biden negative zero percent. I don't like him, never have

Reagan 2.0.

I'd argue Biden is much further gone cognitively than Reagan is. Reagan was still effective at giving speeches (without teleprompter) when he left office. Biden struggles even with a teleprompter to actually give a speech.

There are times when he's clearly very confused about where he is and who people in front of him are with the "elder" confusion writ large on his face.

Knowing what we know now about the disease, one can view Reagan's debate with Mondale in Oct 7, 1984 and see he was suffering from Alzheimer's even then.

I will also contend that Reagan was an actor. Period. He had really good handlers in Daddy Bush (who was, let's face it, the real President for the Reagan years.). A lot of old fuckers who have Alzheimer's remember shit from the far gone past, vs the current. This is why you'll hear people state...Oh, gammy or paw paw is smart as a tack! They still remember where their dog died in 1943! That's one of the worst aspects of the disease. It tricks loved ones into thinking mush head is still there. They aren't.

Reagan was a Muppet. He just retained enough to zing out one liners, and hokie folksy stuff to the rubes that were his base.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:07 am

ROB wrote:Let's face it, if you're worried about Biden's noggin, then you should be worried about Trump's too.

See how evenly applying standards works?

Who said I wasn't?

I think I've said at least once both of them are too damn old to be President. It's a high tempo job, not one for old fucks that shit their pants on the regular.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:08 am

Alphabet wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

Reagan 2.0.

Knowing what we know now about the disease, one can view Reagan's debate with Mondale in Oct 7, 1984 and see he was suffering from Alzheimer's even then.

I will also contend that Reagan was an actor. Period. He had really good handlers in Daddy Bush (who was, let's face it, the real President for the Reagan years.). A lot of old fuckers who have Alzheimer's remember shit from the far gone past, vs the current. This is why you'll hear people state...Oh, gammy or paw paw is smart as a tack! They still remember where their dog died in 1943! That's one of the worst aspects of the disease. It tricks loved ones into thinking mush head is still there. They aren't.

Reagan was a Muppet. He just retained enough to zing out one liners, and hokie folksy stuff to the rubes that were his base.

Probably all true. Then again, all politicians are actors. As they say, politics is show business for ugly people.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:14 pm

The oligarchy wins.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe