I sure hope Tarkan has donated

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

I sure hope Tarkan has donated

Postby ROB » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:08 am

That GoFundMe is the only thing holding democracy together at this point.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: I sure hope Tarkan has donated

Postby Kurt » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:35 am

The main one is supposedly run by a billionaire Scientologist.

And it might be illegal to take donations in New York State for this sort of thing.

Its getting expensive to be a Trump supporter. Imagine pissing away your savings or your freedom for this guy.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:38 am

Hey there's always them $400 gold running shoes that can be bought.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:19 pm

Neither $400 sneakers or donating to GoFundMe campaigns run by billionaires for other billionaires is really my jam.

I think you guys think I like Trump way more than I actually do.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:51 pm

Tarkan wrote:Neither $400 sneakers or donating to GoFundMe campaigns run by billionaires for other billionaires is really my jam.

How much do you like him?

Enough to vote for him a third time?
Enough to believe he is being persecuted by New York State and Georgia Attorney Generals and District Attorneys?
Enough to believe the 2020 election was stolen from him?
Enough to believe he did not incite an insurrection on January 6th to attempt to nullify Joe Biden's win?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:42 am

Tarkan wrote:Neither $400 sneakers or donating to GoFundMe campaigns run by billionaires for other billionaires is really my jam.

I suppose what I just can't fathom is how an otherwise thinking person would consider putting him anywhere near a position of power.

For a true conservative, I can easily see folks like Romney, Saini, Reagan, Thatcher etc - people whose grounding in conservatism harks from classical liberalism and it various ideologies.

Trump is not that. Shit, I am not even sure he is conservative. But he sure as fuck is vindictive and petty. At this stage it looks to me like all you really want to do is make some tranny suffer and you're willing to sacrifice your country to do it.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:49 pm

ROB wrote:

I suppose what I just can't fathom is how an otherwise thinking person would consider putting him anywhere near a position of power.

For a true conservative, I can easily see folks like Romney, Saini, Reagan, Thatcher etc - people whose grounding in conservatism harks from classical liberalism and it various ideologies.

Trump is not that. Shit, I am not even sure he is conservative. But he sure as fuck is vindictive and petty. At this stage it looks to me like all you really want to do is make some tranny suffer and you're willing to sacrifice your country to do it.

Well, then let me explain it. Our current President (or whoever is calling the shots) is a disaster of epic proportions.

His very first actions when coming in office in 2021 was to cancel the Keystone XL Pipeline and suspend a bunch of oil permits. During his campaign, he mentioned several times his intent to put the fossil fuel industry out of business.

2nd, given the Democrat party's love of Kashoggi and anger at his murder, Biden insulted MBS so much that Saudi Arabia is now part of Brics.

3rd, when Russia was mobilizing to invade Ukraine, Biden basically greenlit an invasion in an interview so long as it was just a little bit of territory. Well, it wasn't a little bit of territory, so the US and most of the rest of the world turned around and slapped sanctions on Russia. About the only thing significant that Russia exports, of course, is natural gas and oil. Oil spiked in prices.

Biden went groveling back to Saudi Arabia to get them to increase oil production and MBS told him to pound sand.

Now, Ukraine is one of the few areas where I actually think Biden is taking (somewhat) the right policy approach, but Biden shot us in the foot (twice) with his economic and diplomatic policy moves right before the invasion.

Biden also signaled that there would be "no more deportations" and so there was an absolute surge in illegal immigrants (sorry, now they are clasified as asylum seekers and are eligible for benefits on day 1), to the order of 3 million to 5 million, per year, since he's been in office. It was abated somewhat by Title 42 restrictions due to the Covid "emergency" - incidentally, removing TItle 42 restrictions and resumption of mass migration (aka the Replacement Theory) is almost certainly why the Biden admin decided Covid was over.

...and speaking of Covid, vaccine mandates for vaccines where the manufacturers were indemnified for any liability where they had all prior judgement histories in the billions for knowingly killing their customers in the past was tyrannical.

Conspiring with the media and big tech to censor any negative information about the vaccines or, really, anything the government didn't like was also tyrannical.

I know, I know, it was worse in Australia where you guys were doing your best China impression and locking people up in camps. But it's a slippery slope on the road to tyranny.

I could go on and on, but I'll TLDR summarize it:

1) Biden is intuitively wrong on just about everything that matters. He's also incredibly corrupt, has put in god awful people, and if he wasn't so senile at this point, he would likely be dictatorial. And he is senile. TBH, I'm surprised he made it this far into his term, but I definitely don't see him surviving through another 4 years.

2) Trump is, comparatively, intuitively right on most of the things that matter. I know, it's weird, because he's an unlikable, pompous ass without any real intellectual rigor. Trump is probably corrupt as well though (I don't see how anyone involved in NYC real estate in the 80s wouldn't be corrupt) but at least it's not the Chinese pulling his chain.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:28 pm

What are these Australian Camps you are talking about?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:26 pm

I FAFOed (in a good way) with both the Trump NFTs, and a pair of his high tops which I just happened to hear about at the right time.

I flipped the NFTs (4) that I bought at $99 per, for $1k each.

I flipped the shoes for $1600. I probably could have sat on them for longer and made more, but they were taking up space for my long term lego investments.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

Oh how I do live how dumb Florida MAGA people are.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:31 pm

Kurt wrote:What are these Australian Camps you are talking about?

This is a real camp. For rough sleepers (AKA The Homeless in the US)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-03/ ... /100798900

This is an internment camp for 14 days quarentine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... story.html

That seems to have created this conspiracy.

https://www.aap.com.au/factcheck/unvacc ... onspiracy/

So, The South Island Independence Movement of New Zealand seems to have created a conspiracy that exists to this day in the US and probably much of the English speaking world (lets thank the Indians for getting Americans to drink their own pee as a COVID therapy too)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:32 pm

Alphabet wrote:I FAFOed (in a good way) with both the Trump NFTs, and a pair of his high tops which I just happened to hear about at the right time.

I flipped the shoes for $1600. I probably could have sat on them for longer and made more, but they were taking up space for my long term lego investments.

Awesome. You are the first person I know who has not lost money on NFTs.

Amazing
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:44 pm

Kurt wrote:
Alphabet wrote:I FAFOed (in a good way) with both the Trump NFTs, and a pair of his high tops which I just happened to hear about at the right time.

Awesome. You are the first person I know who has not lost money on NFTs.

Amazing

The NFTs were turn and burn, fast. Because I know how shitty they are. I literally had them for 2 days before I sold them to some MAGA chick in Palm Beach. And I mean the gaudy, sparkly cowboy hat Palm Beach MAGA wife type with more money than sense.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:54 pm

Alphabet wrote:
The NFTs were turn and burn, fast. Because I know how shitty they are. I literally had them for 2 days before I sold them to some MAGA chick in Palm Beach. And I mean the gaudy, sparkly cowboy hat Palm Beach MAGA wife type with more money than sense.

Ever look into bulk gold colored sneakers from Bangladesh or China? If they had a Trump Logo on them then you would get fucked sideways for selling them but gold shit + six stars instead of five could mean a lot of chump cash for you.

Never done this before myself or anything close to it but your proximity to idiots with money means you could do very little thinking for very big returns.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:02 pm

Kurt wrote:
Alphabet wrote:

Ever look into bulk gold colored sneakers from Bangladesh or China? If they had a Trump Logo on them then you would get fucked sideways for selling them but gold shit + six stars instead of five could mean a lot of chump cash for you.

Never done this before myself or anything close to it but your proximity to idiots with money means you could do very little thinking for very big returns.

I did both on a goof. Was funny, had a laugh and made a few bucks. Not really interested in pursuing it further, other than watching for Trump to do one offs.

Trump is such a fucking douchebag that I don't mind taking money from his cultists.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:21 pm

Alphabet wrote:
Trump is such a fucking douchebag that I don't mind taking money from his cultists.

With all that is coming out about them, I think taking their money would officially count as Patriotism.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe