Has there ever been a bigger AnCap boner killer than Milei?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Has there ever been a bigger AnCap boner killer than Milei?

Postby Alphabet » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:20 pm

I can't think of one.

Going to have to unload the conex. Sigh.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Re: Has there ever been a bigger AnCap boner killer than Mil

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:42 pm

Alphabet wrote:I can't think of one.

Conex? as in shipping container? What is a successful AnCap got to do with full shipping container? Unless your shipment of Trump NFT (which would be really funny) is never gonna sell in Argentina.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:51 pm

Kurt wrote:

Conex? as in shipping container? What is a successful AnCap got to do with full shipping container? Unless your shipment of Trump NFT (which would be really funny) is never gonna sell in Argentina.

I was hoping to relocate where NFA items were sold otc like bubble gum.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:59 pm

I would argue that the biggest AnCap boner killer was Dollfuss of Austria. Even Ludwig Von Mises was employed by the Austro-Fascist government because he assumed that Democratic elections would creature Communism and Austro-Fascism was a non-racist stop gap to preserve freedom and markets.

So, Dollfus decides to let each ethnic group have their own militia for equal protection. So they had a German speaking Militia, an Italian Speaking Militia, Jewish, Ukrainian, Polish, Swabian, Slovak, Hungarian etc. If it was a group within the Austo-Hungarian Empire they had a Militia to protect themselves and also protect Austria as a whole.

Except the German speaking Militia was the biggest. The Austrian Nazi party took it over, Assassinated Dollfus and a few Nazis were executed by the Italian Militias under Mussolini and then after Italy threatened to invade Austria Hitler made an alliance with Benito and agreed to let Germany have Austria and they annexed it.

Mises, being Jewish, fled to the US and wrote how Authoritarian stop-gaps to Anarcho Capitalism (He called it Praexology) could still be used but advised people be cautious about it. (which is weird, the biggest, most disastrous AnCap failure was basically still advocated by AnCap's "Godfather" as basically "that didn't work, lets try again but without Hitler being next door")
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:08 pm

Alphabet wrote:

They are sold there OTC or you were hoping they would be sold OTC there?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:13 pm

Kurt wrote:
Alphabet wrote:

They are sold there OTC or you were hoping they would be sold OTC there?

Was hoping they would be. And you know, shit like abortion being up to the woman, and not picking international sides, etc...

He's like so not AnCap. Omg.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:22 pm

Alphabet wrote:

I think a lot of people pick the freedom veneer to do the exact opposite.

I am starting to think that the real heros are the quiet ones who don't crow about anything. Like Jimmy Carter signing the law that allowed homebrewing (and the Congress and Senate in 1977) and then after a few hobbyists screwing around in their kitchens and garages for a few years and suddenly "boom!" Americas beer no longer tastes like fizzy butthole anymore.

Yet Libertarians would still rather go on and on about Ayn Rand and how great that weirdo was.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 am

Alphabet wrote:
Kurt wrote:

Somalia or Pakistan. Indoor plumbing might be a challenge though.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:02 am

Kurt wrote:
Alphabet wrote:

I think a lot of people pick the freedom veneer to do the exact opposite.

I am starting to think that the real heros are the quiet ones who don't crow about anything. Like Jimmy Carter signing the law that allowed homebrewing (and the Congress and Senate in 1977) and then after a few hobbyists screwing around in their kitchens and garages for a few years and suddenly "boom!" Americas beer no longer tastes like fizzy butthole anymore.

Yet Libertarians would still rather go on and on about Ayn Rand and how great that weirdo was.

Most people want the freedoms they like, while denying everyone else the freedoms they don't like.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:44 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Most people want the freedoms they like, while denying everyone else the freedoms they don't like.

Perfect description of the Uni....errr...I mean Democrat and Republican parties.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:51 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Alphabet wrote:
Kurt wrote:

Somalia or Pakistan. Indoor plumbing might be a challenge though.

I'd shit in a diesel drum, and boil my own water if it meant not having to ask permission from and pay the King's stamp to own an inanimate object that at minimum guarantees my chance at life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Liberty be scary yo.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe