Jason Palmer....Soooper Genius

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Jason Palmer....Soooper Genius

Postby Kurt » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:34 pm

First guy since 1980 to win a caucus against a sitting president.
He had 3 staffers in American Samoa and attended party events via Zoom. Now a guy no one has heard of is suddenly a curiosity.

Williamson and Dean got more votes but Palmer won.

Anyway, in 2028 If I was a longshot candidate I would focus on making the news with backwater victories.

The only places where Biden had significant challenges were Oklahoma and Minnesota. The challenges from Dean and Williamson are not likely to lead to Democrat abandonment of Biden.

Trump on the other hand; though he won (except DC and Vermont) every state had a significant number of people who voted against him. 20% opposed was not rare. That spells problems in November as the Haley / Christie supports are less likely to fall into party lines.

Right now I think Trump will get 71,000,000 votes and Biden will get 83,000,000.

Trump could still win with the Electoral college but its looking less likely.

Oh and his first name is Dean. Dean Phillips. He is behind Uncommitted and Jason Palmer.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Jason Palmer....Soooper Genius

Postby gnaruki » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:59 pm

https://www.270towin.com/ This is a fun interactive map to play soothsayer political projection analyst. I got a feeling Arizona will be red in 2024. I'm still scratching my head on the other swing states but wouldn't be surprised if all the others (Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin) go blue in the electoral.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:51 am

gnaruki wrote:https://www.270towin.com/ This is a fun interactive map to play soothsayer political projection analyst. I got a feeling Arizona will be red in 2024. I'm still scratching my head on the other swing states but wouldn't be surprised if all the others (Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin) go blue in the electoral.

I think Az will be a slightly stronger blue. My reasoning is morbid, but Arizona had a shit ton of COVID-19 deaths and since it was borderline Blue / Red in 2020 it might be that the Reds croaked on a larger scale.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby gnaruki » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:26 am

True but there are newly retired reds moving there to fill the void. I haven't taken a close look at the demographic stats though. I'm going to keep my election predicting to a minimum until October. So much can happen in the next 8 months. Polls in the MSM are claiming a declining confidence in Biden (you're really slacking off managing the news, deepstate). When the rubber hits the road methinks swing voters (can we call them swingers? ehehehe) will lean towards the current guy in oval office. The biggest tailwind Trump could receive is if oil prices go berserk. Many people just vote based on whether a tank of gas is affordable or not.

This Palmer guy looks half decent at first glance. He's a Quaker, wonder if that means he'd lead like Hoover or Nixon.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe