When Dipshits are in charge

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

When Dipshits are in charge

Postby Kurt » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:00 pm

You get conspiracy theory based legislation.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/l ... 027586007/

What is kind of funny about this law, is that it could be interpreted as making greenhouse gas emissions illegal (which the water vapor in contrails is a greenhouse gas)

I look forward to other "laws" like the laws barring crisis actors from being involved in an event they claim is real. A Law prohibiting voting machines from tabulating elections. A law preventing Antifa and BLM from chartering buses to raid rural areas or to make Trump supporters look like they are doing a coup.

A "Warren Commission" investigating who will assassinate Trump to make it look like a frazzled and disgruntled MAGA functionary did it, before it happens.

The sky is really the limit when passing laws based on bullshit.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: When Dipshits are in charge

Postby Alphabet » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:07 pm

There is literally nothing "chemtrails" mentioned in that bill, other than what the journalist says she, or you, saw in it. Nothing.

Cloud seeding, which it actually does address, has been a topic in scientific research communities for decades.
Here's a relatively recent article on the debate:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebulleti ... wrong/amp/

I highly doubt the NOAA, NSF, and World Meteorological Organization have been taken over by MAGA Qanon, far right Neo Nazis who believe in chemtrails.

It's fucking hilarious when people complain about people who believe in conspiracies, believe its a conspiracy.

But I'm sure the article from the Bulliten of Atomic Scientists is some right wing disinformation org as well.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:56 pm

But the sponsors of the Bill are promoting it as a "Chemtrail" Law.

I really don't think two dudes who want to prosecute booksellers for distribution of obscene material are really gonna read up on environmental science and say "hey, we gotta pass this law for the good of everyone...but make certain ONLY the Federal Government is prohibited from doing this.
Private Silver Iodide seeding to alter weather is not mentioned in the bill either.

What is mentioned is that State and Local Governments are exempt. Non Profits are also exempt. Basically the Bill says "The Federal Government or "other governments" may not load geoengineering chemicals into a container and spread them over Tennessee.

https://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/BillIn ... 550&GA=113

It says "Chemtrail Conspiracy Theory" without coming out and saying it as that.

In fact, the sponsors, Fritts and Southerland, claim that it is "documented that the Federal Government conduct geoengineering experiments by intentionally dispersing chemicals into the atmosphere." as the reasoning for their Bill.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate- ... gineering/

So it does not say "Chemtrails" in the Bill but the sponsors sure said "Chemtrails" often.

Sorta like if I introduced legislation where my pre-amble was "Lizard People rule the earth in a secret cabal" but upon reading the Bill after it was introduced my law would state that only "Biological Humans" could run the system of government. with an exception for those places that elect a Dog or a Cat as "Mayor" because that is a fun thing to do.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:36 pm

So, WAPO believes in conspiracies now, because bills are passed, based on conspiracies, because they aren't saying it is a conspiracy.

Lol...ok bruh.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe