Returning from Cuba with a package worth one million

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Returning from Cuba with a package worth one million

Postby executiveout » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Not really clarity but it does help me understand some issues a bit better
Not being too clever about internet and modern tech, I reply on an old saying... "Softly, softly, catchee monkey"
It it is an Ashanti (Ghana) proverb quoted by Lord Robert Baden-Powell, Founder of the Boy Scouts.

From the people of Ghana, Baden-Powell learnt the phrase `softly softly catchee monkey' - and he learnt that he could get the best work out of his force by dividing it into small groups, or patrols, and giving responsibility to the captain of each group.

It's also discussed in Eric Partridge's "Dictionary of Catch Phrases." "Stalk your prey carefully; or, generally, to achieve an object by quiet application."
Like a laugh, need a reminder of life's fickle finger of fate?... visit my Blog today
https://fatmilton.wordpress.com/
executiveout

Postby executiveout » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:31 pm

executiveout wrote:It it is an Ashanti (Ghana) proverb quoted by Lord Robert Baden-Powell, Founder of the Boy Scouts.

This may also be the origin...what do I know?

[url]http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/threads/75182-Slowly-slowly-catchy-monkey
[/url]
Like a laugh, need a reminder of life's fickle finger of fate?... visit my Blog today
executiveout

Postby Kurt » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:25 pm

executiveout wrote:
Kurt wrote: I am friends with a friend of her's. Not great friends but I know here well enough that she tell me when she goes down to Cuba to visit her.

I think I am starting to understand...

Not at all.

This is why I said I could not do it as I would not be trustworthy and if things went south I would be the first one blamed, for good reason. No one asked me to join since , as you found, this was on a public forum. I just knew about Cubatel.

So you can keep on graping for money. Hell, make up a story about how I ratted out the operation if you think it will get you a few pity beers.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:28 pm

ROB wrote:
executiveout wrote:I think I am starting to understand...

Going over people's posts from a decade ago can really bring clarity.

Naw, he is claiming because I was friend of a friend 10 years ago that is more of a cause of Cuban intel tailing everyone involved than his going to the Cuban empbassy and telling them about it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:55 pm

Kurt wrote:
ROB wrote:
executiveout wrote:I think I am starting to understand...

Going over people's posts from a decade ago can really bring clarity.

Naw, he is claiming because I was friend of a friend 10 years ago that is more of a cause of Cuban intel tailing everyone involved than his going to the Cuban empbassy and telling them about it.

Involved in what?

I mean, I guess I could go back through both your posts for a few years myself, but give me the TLDR.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby executiveout » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:13 am

Kurt wrote:Naw, he is claiming because I was friend of a friend 10 years ago that is more of a cause of Cuban intel tailing everyone involved than his going to the Cuban empbassy and telling them about it.

Kurt...sigh
The ONLY claim on that post is from YOU...CLAIMING that you have a friend of a friend ...etc ad nausium
I only said that I was starting to understand
That being said.. I also have a friend...of a friend...and he has a dog that barks!... MY CLAIM but I can at least PROVE IT!
Think about that insignificant little sentence ;-)
Last edited by executiveout on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
executiveout

Postby executiveout » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:28 am

Kurt wrote:This is why I said I could not do it as I would not be trustworthy and if things went south I would be the first one blamed, for good reason. No one asked me to join since , as you found, this was on a public forum. I just knew about Cubatel.
So you can keep on graping for money. Hell, make up a story about how I ratted out the operation if you think it will get you a few pity beers.

Let me entertain your childlike mind with facts...no wild claims or accusations.
1. so...knowing about Cubatel...was that little "insignificant" info passed on to RR?...
2. If it was, did RR convey that to me.. (here I can answer WITH FACTS) but be my guest and carry on making a fool of yourself.
3."If things went south"?...well, they did and nobody blames YOU...yet you have the GALL to be the first one to blame ME...Blame game is one of my future chapters, hope you get to read it.
4. Did you rat out?..I don't know and don''t have proof that you did, only YOU know that. Has anyone accused you of ratting out?
5. Pity beers I have had many of,...deservedly or not...I drank them then and don't need them now!...Here let me buy you a whole round of them ;-)
executiveout

Postby executiveout » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:32 am

ROB wrote:Involved in what?

Simple answer...NOTHING at that time!
Complicated answer... EVERYTHING that floats his sinking boat at the moment.
executiveout

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:08 am

Mach award!

Way ta go new guy, 2 in 1 week!!!!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby executiveout » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:20 am

rickshaw92 wrote:Mach award!
Way ta go new guy, 2 in 1 week!!!!

Do you think I should build a showcase for these awards?
...who knows, some day I might gaze on them fondly and think of you...
executiveout

Postby Devlin » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:23 am

It is a bit weird to see a post that I started ten years ago come back to life.

My father who passed earlier this year was a New Jersey cop who was involved in the search for her after the escape. I still would love to see someone show up in Trenton with her in a pair of cuffs.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:45 am

Devlin wrote:It is a bit weird to see a post that I started ten years ago come back to life.

My father who passed earlier this year was a New Jersey cop who was involved in the search for her after the escape. I still would love to see someone show up in Trenton with her in a pair of cuffs.

Why does she have such a following?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:30 am

She was involved in the murder of a New Jersey cop and then broke out of prison. In 1970's New Jersey she was a big deal.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:18 am

Devlin wrote:She was involved in the murder of a New Jersey cop and then broke out of prison. In 1970's New Jersey she was a big deal.

My reading of her extends not quite as far as reading a wikipedia article... so you know, BFC expert level. But don't a bunch of people think she was innocent? Or set up or something? Is any of that legit? Or conspiracy shit?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:01 am

ROB wrote:
Devlin wrote:She was involved in the murder of a New Jersey cop and then broke out of prison. In 1970's New Jersey she was a big deal.

My reading of her extends not quite as far as reading a wikipedia article... so you know, BFC expert level. But don't a bunch of people think she was innocent? Or set up or something? Is any of that legit? Or conspiracy shit?

I think she did it. There is always gonna be people who say "THE OBVIOUS DID NOT HAPPEN". When she first fled I think the excuse was she would not get a fair trial (and I do not doubt that either). Now she is bait for petty con men to dangle in front of retired cops with good pensions.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe