What's your everyday watch?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: What's your everyday watch?

Postby Nobodyad14green » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:25 pm

HMMM A watch is a watch eh? (Canadian tell LOL!)

Buddy is an Air COP. He was RCMP for years and was looking at pulling the pin at 25 or staying for the big gold watch. (sorry it was topical). So he swaps jobs for this new gig and at the initial training session the instructor tells everyone with a plastic black "tactical style" watch to stand up. Ninety percent of the room stood up. He told them to move to the walls and find a spot. Then he asked those not wearing a watch to join them. Three people were left sitting, my buddy was one of them as he was wearing the stainless steel PR100 Tissot I bought him for being such a good test reader and resource over the years.
The instructor continued. "Bad guys know cops wear tactical or black iron man specials, you want to fit in and disappear in your new roles, get a watch other than black. Doesn't have to be expensive and it certainly doesn't have to help you with windage correction!"

In the field, or traveling to questionable places, south central unstrapped, or Mexico with a boat drink. I wear a twenty year old Pam. Plain looking leather strap, no bling great glow with big numbers as I am old and I drink. General wear at home is a Rollie Sub, stainless steel, tough and an appreciating asset. Fancy affairs, or dog and pony shows, I wear a Rolex GMT Prohunter, number 42(the answer to...), as it is kind of expected urban socialite camo if you will. LOL!
Nobodyad14green

Postby vetparatrooper » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:30 pm

Casio Illuminator with G-Shock Protection and also with electric Luminescent Backlight....Water Resistant up to 200M...I have worn this watch for about 7 years and have not even had to replace the battery and it has been through some rough beatings here and there along the way and it still performs great. I have not even had to replace the band on it yet.

Watch it ...now tomorrow I will wake up and the band will break, it will need a new battery or it will just up and die altogether.
Conlige suspectos semper habitos
vetparatrooper
BFCus Regularus

Location: Mountains somewhere in the Appalachians (other than that, my exact location is nobody's bizness)

Postby swordpoint9 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Keep this thread going still rocking my 1988 Military Timex!
Hit it with your purse!!!
swordpoint9
BFCus Regularus

Postby suwon fish » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:19 am

Citizen Aqualand Promaster. I got it as a gift from another scuba instructor that I had been helping out. He pitied me as I had previously been wearing a brick-like Suunto dive computer when I needed to wear a watch for timing student skills. I've worn it for maybe five years and it was a few years old when I got it. It's sweet for recording dives and is nearly a backup to your main dive computer, doing everything but calculating decompression algorythmns. Not a problem if you have your dive tables with you, which of course, no one but me ever does ^^
A day should not be praised until the Sun has set, a woman until she is burned, a sword until it's tested, ice until it's crossed or beer until it's drunk - Viking proverb
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:00 am

Nixon watches. The hot new watch. Cheap ass workings. Very cool retro and goofy cases.

RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:36 am

This is my new travel watch - Patek Philippe Platinum World Time.

"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby KILLSTEW » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:59 am

I'm rolling with some sort of Swiss Military watch (Wenger). Not sure the model but it actually has hands. OOOHHHH ahhhhh. Any way I took off the velcro band that came with it and replaced it with a paracord band with plastic clip
KILLSTEW

Postby flipflop » Wed May 04, 2011 10:06 am

I'm back to wearing a G-Shock, can't beat 'em for toughness. I've ragged so many nice watches and the G-Shock is the toughest

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby HockeyGuy » Thu May 05, 2011 7:27 am

x2
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sparky » Fri May 06, 2011 3:07 pm

My 1973 Omega Seamaster was recently stolen at my home when I was travelling in Mexico. I did not want to wear it in Mexico due to the attention it would bring. It just goes to show that a name brand watch like Omega is popular with low life crooks world wide. I replaced it with a Omega Seamaster Chrono and have been wearing it on my current trip. It has brought attention with the locals but I figure the safest place for this watch in on my wrist.
Sparky

Postby Woodsman » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:07 pm

Yeah me too. I like to run chainsaw and piece cut with this tooty fruity thing on.

Chimborazo wrote:This is my new travel watch - Patek Philippe Platinum World Time.

Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:16 pm

swordpoint9 wrote:Still rocking the Timex military watch since 88 no too shabby ! 15 dollars well spent !

Smart.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:21 pm

I do think it's a nice watch, but in all seriousness, I would just never have any occasion to wear it, nor would I spend that much on a watch.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:56 pm

For $19.66, I can probably find one that looks just like it (or damned near) at Wal-mart. I am sure there is some China knock off of it. Maybe I should give the guy in Sarnia a call and see if he has any. (sorry, couldn't resist).

Chimborazo wrote:I do think it's a nice watch, but in all seriousness, I would just never have any occasion to wear it, nor would I spend that much on a watch.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Some bastard started another watch thread so I just put this in to make sure the one and only watch thread was back at the top of the pile. Do not stand for imitations.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!