CAR shooting "technique"

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

CAR shooting "technique"

Postby cashonlycow » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:39 pm

FYI CAR = center-axis relock

Found this on the 'net, and not being an active or experienced shooter, I'm just curious about it? I'm not LEO or military, nor am I looking to train in it.

http://www.sabretactical.com/CAR/car.html

Anybody seen this before?
cashonlycow
BFCus Regularus

Postby janjaweed » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:12 am

Police train in it, or a variation of it. It's used for close up defensive shooting (3' or so). I've tried it out at the range a few times. The slide being so close is rather concerning, especially if you were on the move or wearing loose clothing.

Some freaky shit goes down on that speed 2 clip.
The nose causes the tail.
janjaweed
BFCus Regularus

Postby cashonlycow » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:34 pm

It's freaky fast, huh?

Going to the range later today...I think I'll stick with a "conventional" stance.
But may play around with "CAR" just for fun.
cashonlycow
BFCus Regularus

Postby QzarBaron » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:26 pm

Wow that is fast... I think I saw a guy firing somewhat like that. I don't think he worked with police but he might have been working with a contractor. They kept saying that it wasn't spot on accurate... but it was very consistent in putting rounds on target.
QzarBaron
BFCus Regularus

Postby janjaweed » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:55 am

Yeah its freaky fast what he's doing, but watch the guy on the left. Watch the muzzle.
The nose causes the tail.
janjaweed
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:02 pm

I have a few 'friends' who shoot that way, they tend to draw down on the target and an important thing is your foot work, oddly enough.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby yorick » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:02 am

janjaweed wrote:Police train in it, or a variation of it. It's used for close up defensive shooting (3' or so). I've tried it out at the range a few times. The slide being so close is rather concerning, especially if you were on the move or wearing loose clothing.

Some freaky shit goes down on that speed 2 clip.

No shit Janja, looked like the guy was doin fine until he raised the weapon girlie-style in front of his forehead with elbows bent. Shoulda snapped his elbows straight to make the last few rounds count, at least thats what i would think.

Otherwise why not brace elbows against the rib-cage while shootin from the hip? The whole idea seems to be firing with entire body held as clenched fist. I will try this myself next visit to the range.

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby Soami » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:51 pm

It has some strong points when dropping brass in close quarters. The people I have seen use it were maritime security blokes that were doing ship boarding Ops (firing in tight spaces and around bulkheads).
Soami

Location: It is cold,smells like pine needels&a riendeer keeps licking my ankle

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!