Ak-47, So many in so little time

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Ak-47, So many in so little time

Postby O'Hally » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:40 am

Please, Please, Please.... Help a lady out. I am looking to get a new 'Toy' & Well..... What do you think??? Russian, Yugo, Polish Or Czech??? (I know there are more, but these ones have always kept my interest).I love hearing all of your input. I know that they all are great guns, but I am curious to hear more of your arguments supporting one the other.
Better You Than Me
O'Hally

Postby JamesTheAdventurer » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:58 am

I knew it! Rob is using Paid Posting

Muffins
JamesTheAdventurer
BFCus Regularus

Postby JOHN O » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:25 am

I have Russian,Yugoslavian,Polish,Hungarian,Egyptian,Bulgarian,Chinese,Romanian,East German and I'm working on getting a Checz VZ58.Of the three you mentioned,all are excellent choices but you really need to handle each type before making your decision.

Yugoslavian,

Russian

Polish

Romanian

East German

You may also like the AK74 in 5.45x39,smaller caliber and lighter recoil.

Russian AKS 74

Staff Member,www.theakforum.net ~ retired
JOHN O
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:49 am

JOHN O Did you see the feature on AK’s in last months Shotgun News? They had every AK ever made in the article.

International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby soulohio » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:02 pm

now thatsa nice AK's...how do you like the AK74? Is it selectfire?
where are you going? why don't you walk the wheel with us? what is the matter my american friend? what has upset you?
soulohio
BFCus Regularus

Postby yorick » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:54 pm

O'Hally you sweet thing, original nation of design manufacture is always as good as it gets for any rifle. Also consider that older is generally better then new from both collectors and shooters perspective. Guns have a way of racking up kharma all their own and it will probly take at least 1,000 rnds to break in the action of a new one anyway. Skip the glamour rifles tricked out with fancy junk, avoid Kalishinikov lookalikes and especially the CETME known for factory defects always shooting wide to the left. My advice is get your hands on an original Kalishnikov 1953 Thula *if* you can find one with matching numbers.

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby O'Hally » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:11 am

Yorick, I would love to get my hands on something like that. It probably won't be today. I have never been one that has been attracted to the 'bells & whistles'. I like my guns like I like my men, Old & .... well, never mind. You get the picture. I ended up taking home a Romanian Model AK-47. I will see how she shoots tomorrow, but as far as the condition of the weapon goes , it looks pretty good inside & out. I landed 500 rnds for $75 (OTD) Wolf, too. Not bad.
John O, Thanks for the feedback & great pics. Maybe one day I can return the favor. I have a Russian (or maybe Hungarian) Type 1 AKM bayonet that has been recently gifted to me.
The point is that I have a smile from ear to ear right now & I plan on keeping it awhile.
Better You Than Me
O'Hally

Postby JOHN O » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:23 am

Welcome to the Wonderful World of AKs O'Hally,come check us out at
http://www.akforum.net I'll be looking for your username so I can go ahead and approve your registration.
Staff Member,www.theakforum.net ~ retired
JOHN O
BFCus Regularus

Postby O'Hally » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:35 am

Thanks, John O. I have actually joined Ya'll at AK Forum Just a short time ago. So far, so good. I am a happy camper
Better You Than Me
O'Hally

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!