Mag availibility in the M.E. (other than Iraq)

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Mag availibility in the M.E. (other than Iraq)

Postby Q » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:20 pm

For those in the know, I need to know the availibility of magazines for the Sig p226 and HK MP5 in and around KSA,UAE and Kuwait.

Need to know if I should take plenty with me or can get them there.

TIA.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby Bubba95 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:07 pm

Q,
It is going to depend how you are getting there. If you are travelling with the military as in CRC Deployment and military chartered aircraft, you should not have any problem. If you are travelling on a passport diplomatic, tourist or work and have to travel through host country customs enforcement, forgetaboutit. If you are some kind of Fed LEO with a mission you should know all this already. All of the countries in question have enourmous restrictions on bringing gun parts in. Even items such as scopes, stocks, combat knives, NBC gear, body armor and kevlar helmets can get you pinched and deported or at the very least having your gear confiscated. If you are working for a company, you should follow their instructions on this matter. It's probably a no-go. Any gun parts will be hard to come by legally in these countries unless you have an official contact and reason for possesion. Greasing Host Contry Nationals does not qualify. MP5 are pretty common Sigs less so...
Where do you want me to begin? Before or after I kicked him in the testicles!
Bubba95

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:15 pm

SIG mags would probably be hard to find on the black market, MP-5 mags should be easier but check them out carefully. I have never actually had to buy more mags in the ME, usually I would just ask my company to issue me more or trade a bottle of JW for a few mags from the quartermaster of another contractor.

If you are a contractor and not flying mil-air then just APO them to yourself it wont be a problem, I APO'ed myself AR uppers a few times so mags shouldn’t be a big deal. The only place that you will find good quality mags in the ME will be from your fellow operators.

You can also ask that question on the forum at www.SecureAspects.com there are hundreds of Security operators working in the ME there that could help you out or even hook you up.

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Q » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:59 pm

Bubba95 wrote:Q,
It is going to depend how you are getting there. If you are travelling with the military as in CRC Deployment and military chartered aircraft, you should not have any problem. If you are travelling on a passport diplomatic, tourist or work and have to travel through host country customs enforcement, forgetaboutit. If you are some kind of Fed LEO with a mission you should know all this already. All of the countries in question have enourmous restrictions on bringing gun parts in. Even items such as scopes, stocks, combat knives, NBC gear, body armor and kevlar helmets can get you pinched and deported or at the very least having your gear confiscated. If you are working for a company, you should follow their instructions on this matter. It's probably a no-go. Any gun parts will be hard to come by legally in these countries unless you have an official contact and reason for possesion. Greasing Host Contry Nationals does not qualify. MP5 are pretty common Sigs less so...

Getting things in is not a problem due to my status, but thanks any way for the info.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!