Best guard dog

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Postby docjoyce » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:31 pm

Jesus All hail chewi.

Thats a good dog.
I don't know you

I didn't see the life you have had to live

But I hope someday our children come together

And fill the void that we never did
docjoyce
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:17 am

Thats one Phat Chow.

Growing up my best friends had Chow they neglected, and let it run loose. One time we saw it attacking a Russian Wolf Hound while the owner was walking it, it killed that hound in short order.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Q » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:25 am

docjoyce wrote:Jesus All hail chewi.

Thats a good dog.

He's going to be a hard act to follow. He doesn't fuck around when it comes to our kids. Keeping them from crawling off the carpet (dragging them back on by the diaper.), or sitting at my wifes' feet, in the middle of an argument, looking at me...nay...DARING me to try something physical.

Play wrestling with the wife ended when she yelped and he sunk his fangs into my right ass cheek.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby docjoyce » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:00 am

Thats funny you should mention that.

Turk isnt really all that happy when Alisa and I wrestle around. He gets between us and whines.
I don't know you

I didn't see the life you have had to live

But I hope someday our children come together

And fill the void that we never did
docjoyce
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:05 pm

soulohio wrote:got a buddy who familia raised them and every one of his family was bit by the Chows.

I hear this all the time, mostly referring to Chows and kids. Both of our Chows put up with some really extreme torture from our two legged little ones. I've even caught my daughter tying a rope from our oldest one's tail to her wagon.

No biting, unless they are both saving their aggression for me. The hardest time I have is with company. Try explaining that the dog isn't a play thing and it's not his job to make nice with those outside the family is next to impossible.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby ktrout » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:29 am

Q wrote:
soulohio wrote:got a buddy who familia raised them and every one of his family was bit by the Chows.

I hear this all the time, mostly referring to Chows and kids. Both of our Chows put up with some really extreme torture from our two legged little ones. I've even caught my daughter tying a rope from our oldest one's tail to her wagon.

No biting, unless they are both saving their aggression for me. The hardest time I have is with company. Try explaining that the dog isn't a play thing and it's not his job to make nice with those outside the family is next to impossible.

My sister in law had to give up her Chow after their kids were born. He didn't take well to them.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Re: Best guard dog

Postby el3so » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:40 pm

brandonkuala wrote:Pitbulls would beat all of those dogs in a fight typically. Though they are smaller, they are very quick and basically are just one huge biting muscle. Pit bull is the best guard dog in our home.

skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby ktrout » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:04 pm

Rhodesian Ridgeback?
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:06 pm

el3so wrote:
brandonkuala wrote:Pitbulls would beat all of those dogs in a fight typically. Though they are smaller, they are very quick and basically are just one huge biting muscle. Pit bull is the best guard dog in our home.

Excellent . Laugh laugh laugh

"Pitbulls would beat all of those dogs in a fight typically" Yeah, until I took its head off with a fucking axe. They are fucking freaks of nature and you only realise that when it maims your kid.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Caliban » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:13 pm

ktrout wrote:Rhodesian Ridgeback?

Just re- read a post from Yorick on the previous page about them turning nasty if children annoy them, pulling their tail etc. I never found that with ours as long asthe dog recognised them as part of "our pack". I met a friend at a wedding this weekend who has one that is getting on for about ten yers old that he got about the same time his first child was born. He now has three children and was telling me that the dog has always been brilliant with them. When he has had about enough of the kids hanging off him and pulling his tail he just gives a certain look and disappears upstairs out of the way for an hour or so.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

smoke me a Haddock

Postby el3so » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:15 pm

I'll blame you really nearing retirement for not detectoring the poster's name, Caliban.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby ktrout » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:41 pm

The first Rhodesian I met was when I walked by someone's RV that had one chained by the door. I called it from just outside the extent of its chain. It was snapping at my nose in a heartbeat, but we were fine after we were properly introduced.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:13 pm

ktrout wrote:The first Rhodesian I met was when I walked by someone's RV that had one chained by the door. I called it from just outside the extent of its chain. It was snapping at my nose in a heartbeat, but we were fine after we were properly introduced.

Thats the thing. Once they know you, you are one of their tribe forever ...unless they just don't like you. Thats what I like about them, reminds me of me
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Sri Lanky » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:53 pm

I miss those Rotties. I moved back to the shitty city and had to leave those beautiful beasts behind on the farm.
Sri Lanky

Postby coldharvest » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:55 am

Sri Lanky wrote:I miss those Rotties. I moved back to the shitty city and had to leave those beautiful beasts behind on the farm.

That sucks....you should get a couple of homeless people to fill the void in your heart.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!