help me spend my gun fund!

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

How should I spend my gun fund?

Trick my AR
33%
Buy another handgun
25%
Trick my 1911
8%
Trick my Buckmark
No votes
Other (please elaborate)
33%

Total votes : 12

Postby crotalus01 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:02 pm

Save some more and buy full auto, you can get a Cobray M11 for $3,500 or so. Alternatively buy a suppressor for your AR, that will run you around $600 plus the $200 transfer tax to BATFE.
Check out the following websites:
www.subguns.com
www.sturmgewehr.com
www.autoweapons.com
www.atfmachineguns.com
www.major-malfunction.com
Remember, Salad is NOT food. Salad is what food EATS...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Postby Hitoru » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:58 pm

Full Auto is legal in Michigan Mr Woodsman, just no sound suppressors are allowed. Hence the second letter N.

(mg's must be registered)
ME Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
MI Y N Y Y Y Y Y

http://www.mp5.net/info/sbsconr.htm

What you need to do, is come out here and rent our machine guns and assorted NFA toys. We have spring and fall tours. And we could go fishing.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Woodsman » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:25 pm

19 D 20 wrote:Full Auto is legal in Michigan Mr Woodsman, just no sound suppressors are allowed. Hence the second letter N.

(mg's must be registered)
ME Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
MI Y N Y Y Y Y Y

http://www.mp5.net/info/sbsconr.htm

What you need to do, is come out here and rent our machine guns and assorted NFA toys. We have spring and fall tours. And we could go fishing.

Hell yes. I might drop by and see a few cousins on the way in Waco and San Antonio.

Wow - thanks for the info - I was not aware full auto was available here. As it turns out I would much rather have a suppressor than I would a full auto though...plus apparently, the law specifies auto weapons owned pre 1986. I'm sure there are some available for the price of a new truck.... :-)
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby OneLungMcClung » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:24 am

Woodsman wrote:
.plus apparently, the law specifies auto weapons owned pre 1986. I'm sure there are some available for the price of a new truck.... :-)

Federal Law says that. Thank the Dems; shenanigans inserted at the last minute on some bill back in the Reagan era. Only Cops, Military, and Dealers can own Post '86 Machine guns.

And yes, this is why the good stuff is the same price as a new F-250 :-)
OneLungMcClung
BFCus Regularus

Postby Wayne » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:27 am

Cruise missle. If ya got it, flaunt it.
Anyone but BO!
Wayne
BFCus Regularus

Postby crotalus01 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:09 am

If you want the serious FA, be prepared to PAY $$$$$. But like I said, you can get into a FA MG for 3.5 to 7K and get a decent to good MG (CobrayM11, Mac10, Uzi)...
I bought my suppressor for $200 + the $200 tax ($400 total for the math impaired). That's for a .22...the bigger the caliber the more $$$ it will cost. 9mm suppressors start at around $500.
I am gonna have a Hi-Point 9mm with a Gemtech supressor ;) thats a $150 gun with a $650 dollar supressor on it...kinda like a Gremlin with $5000 22" spinners on the tires.....
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Postby Hitoru » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:48 am

Back in 2001 my friend bought this Mac 10 for around $1600+$200 stamp and the can was $150+$200 stamp.

It sucks that those prices will never be seen again.

What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby crotalus01 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:48 pm

Nope. Theyr'e just gonna keep going up, that's why its a damn good investment.
Course I'm buying mine for fun ;)
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Postby Caliban » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:18 pm

Woodsman wrote:
coldharvest wrote:Spend it on hookers.
What am I, James in the world?

Woodsman wrote:
Mikethehack wrote:Spend it on rehabilitation for kids who were injured by guns.
Who am I, Penta?

Spend it on rehabilitation for me for injuring criminal kids
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Woodsman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:55 pm

Caliban wrote:Spend it on rehabilitation for me for injuring criminal kids

If you can' t solve it with a Guinness at the end of the day, $500 isn't enough. Penta's got more money and is closer. Hit her up for the bucks for that...
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Re: help me spend my gun fund!

Postby crotalus01 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:26 pm

Is that a two-stage Sionics suppressor that uses wipes? Always wondered what the level of suppression was with those older Sionics. Hell, I didnt do much better, my M11 came with a Bowers CAC9 - not the quietest can around if you know what I mean...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Postby yorick » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:16 pm

Yeah Woods, go full auto says me. And recon the one with slowest rate of fire gonna probly be the best. That was one secret of the WWII Sten amazing accuracy, considered maybe the best ergonomical hilarious little subgun of all time - fires 9x19 Luger and shares mags with MP40. Came with built-in silencer too that makes em smoke'n stink and spit in yer face when yer blastin away. Stens the Harley Davidson of full auto subguns, damned sweet little weapon if ye ever come across - snag it and register easily as historic weapon, knowin collector value's goin nowhere but up and ammo's reasonable cheap available forever.

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby RYP » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:48 pm

First of all an AR is common as dirt. A glorified Mr Potato Head type squirrel gun. Go for hand crafstmanship.

The Python in the hand polished Stainless steel with the 8 inch doesn't even have to be fired to be appreciated.

Other option would be an old school engraved 1911 with the old school movement and commemorative old school engraving would also rock.

RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Jumper » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:01 am

For a two point sling, go with the VTAC MK 2 two point sling. It is padded and comfortable and instantly adjustable. Good kit.

http://www.vikingtactics.com/prod_sling_VTAC-MK1-a.html

A piston drop in conversion kit from Aeres or Bushmaster might be cool. Those are about 400 bucks.

For a pistol grip upgrade, I would go for the MIAD grip from MAGPUL.

For adjustable stock, anything from VLTOR or from MAGPUL. A SOPMD stock is nice too, but cost a little much for what it is.

For rail, Daniel Defense 7.0 Omega Rail. Freefloating, 8 0z., and you do not have to remove the Delta ring. Easy to install and you don't have to alter your weapon, and that is some good stuff. Plus, it has some Quick Detach holes on it. So get some QD hardware for your two point sling, and now you have a detacheable sling system. That is how I rolled in Iraq.

Or spend that money on Ammo. Blackhills blue box, 77 grain all the way.

Buy a new barrel. Noveski, if you can find a decent price, will do you just fine for the AR. Awesome fucking barrels.

Or spend it on training. Paul Howe's CSAT course is cheap, for what you get. Highly recommend that course.

Buy any new mounts you might need from LaRue Tactical. Awesome stuff.

Or, save that shit, for a sweet LWRC, HK 416, or the new LMT piston set up(which is the cat's motherfucking meeyoww).

Buy a case too. Hardig or Pelican all the way. I have the Pelican, and they are pretty nice.
Feral Jundi

http://www.feraljundi.com

A blog about the security contracting industry.
Jumper
BFCus Regularus

Postby soulohio » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:12 am

I must disagree sir. I have fired over 500 rounds thru a sten copy gun and it is not amazing accurate...either that or I'm not. It could be the latter...but I'll tell you why these little dudes have issues.

1. they slam fire with that huge reciprocating mass of combination bolt-with a firing pin slamming away. That feed out of the magazine has to be spot on as in my experience, stovepipes happen.
2. these guns were turned out in little garage-machine shops by the hundreds of thousands (milliones) in WW2, the biggun. They cost about 20 bucks to make. Take one apart and you can see why.
3. they are uncomfortable to fire. They snag on your clothes with all that open mechanism, sideways clip and folding stock. They are dirty as hell. Very simple guns tho. Muzzle rise is present but not wicked even at a slow rate of fire.
4. I wouldn't want to get shot with one but the 9mm variant I shot had remarkably small penetration- again that blowback design has to move alot of bolt to make the auto majik happen.

Now would I pay money to own one? Not much unless you are a collector..

yorick wrote:Yeah Woods, go full auto says me. And recon the one with slowest rate of fire gonna probly be the best. That was one secret of the WWII Sten amazing accuracy, considered maybe the best ergonomical hilarious little subgun of all time - fires 9x19 Luger and shares mags with MP40. Came with built-in silencer too that makes em smoke'n stink and spit in yer face when yer blastin away. Stens the Harley Davidson of full auto subguns, damned sweet little weapon if ye ever come across - snag it and register easily as historic weapon, knowin collector value's goin nowhere but up and ammo's reasonable cheap available forever.

(:=
where are you going? why don't you walk the wheel with us? what is the matter my american friend? what has upset you?
soulohio
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!