Taking the gun plunge!!

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Taking the gun plunge!!

Postby Fansy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:31 pm

So after realizing my latent gun anxiety through a dream last night, I've come to the conclusion that I need to buy (as an owner) my first gun! I mean if Ultra Swine can do it, and I'm going to talk shit about gun laws and the second amendment, I figure I'm obligated to be a gun owner.

So until now I've shot friends' and family's guns but never gone ahead and picked up one for myself, you know, the whole "this is my machinery im bonding with it" type of experience.

HEY-O! So i'm looking for some suggestions from experienced gun freaks given my set of priorities. Namely:

1. Let it be a handgun.
    2. Let it be known for accuracy.
    3. Let it be known for reliability.
    4. Let it have some decent stopping power.
    5. Let it not be too expensive.

Fortunately Georgia gun laws are pretty dope, so I'm all straight on that end. Haven't decided whether or not to go the revolver route. I've got decent experience with semi-auto handguns (safety, cleaning, shooting, etc), a good amount of practice in the past but haven't followed up in recent years.

Anyways, what say ye denizens of Guns & Weapons? What would you purchase, or look into purchasing, in my situation?
"...we support members' rights to privacy."
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Re: Taking the gun plunge!!

Postby Q » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Yo...yo..yo. You gotsta git a gat. Nome I'm sayin'? Fo sho dems wiggaz up in Dunwoody hook you up wit a 9 or a duce duce. Nome I'm sayin'?
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby Fansy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:56 pm

lol forgot to mention, mostly it will get a lot of wear and tear at the shooting range, don't plan to do much else with it.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:58 pm

Fansy wrote:lol forgot to mention, mostly it will get a lot of wear and tear at the shooting range, don't plan to do much else with it.

CZ75.

Just don't pull a Swain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwLQewe4TrY
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby Ultra Swain » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:10 pm

Don't pull a me and bring meth whores from craigslist out shooting with you and your gun shooting posse. Be like Q, bro's before ho's.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Q » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:13 pm

Ultra Swain wrote:Don't pull a me and bring meth whores from craigslist out shooting with you and your gun shooting posse. Be like Q, bro's before ho's.

Actually, the meth whore was you. Dainty wrists and all.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby Fansy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:20 pm

a million versions of that gun. and .40 s&w or 9mm, or does it handle both just fine?

and swain, you got one fo yoself?
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Q » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:22 pm

Fansy wrote:a million versions of that gun. and .40 s&w or 9mm, or does it handle both just fine?

If it's only for plinking at the range and killing everyone but your intended target in a drive by, go wif the 9. Self defense go with the .40
Last edited by Q on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby Fansy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:24 pm

heh the guy in this is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xsxxKozul4
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ultra Swain » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:25 pm

Fansy wrote:a million versions of that gun. and .40 s&w or 9mm, or does it handle both just fine?

I got strapped up with a SW99 9mm. It looks cool shooting sideways and the ammo is cheaper. Plus the gun looks huge next to my dainty meth whore wrists. Doo, buy a gun and see how awesome it is then start a stop watch from the first time you shoot it until you start shopping for the next one. And you live in GA son! AKMOTHERFUCKING7!

But if like me the gun is for the range go 9mm. You wallet will thank you.
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Q » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:30 pm

Just FYI, Stay away from those tards at the range. And if you decide on the .40, work up to it on others' firearms first.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby Ultra Swain » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:34 pm

Q wrote:

Just FYI, Stay away from those tards at the range. And if you decide on the .40, work up to it on others' firearms first.

They would kick me off the range if I did that where I shoot. They have a one shot per second rule.(ghey) I have never seen that at another range before. Also the first time I went in wanting to try the PX4 they told me they don't allow gun renters to shoot alone the first few times. Apparently folks like to rent guns go to a lane and shoot themselves. USA! USA! USA!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Q » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Ultra Swain wrote:

They would kick me off the range if I did that where I shoot. They have a one shot per second rule.(ghey) I have never seen that at another range before. Also the first time I went in wanting to try the PX4 they told me they don't allow gun renters to shoot alone the first few times. Apparently folks like to rent guns go to a lane and shoot themselves. USA! USA! USA!

At the "official" ranges around here, we're allowed rapid fire. But that tard was just being a jackass. I swear to Christ idiots like that are more of a danger to firearms rights than the gun grabbing pinkos.

- The Dear Leader
Q

Postby Fansy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:56 pm

I got strapped up with a SW99 9mm. It looks cool shooting sideways and the ammo is cheaper. Plus the gun looks huge next to my dainty meth whore wrists. Doo, buy a gun and see how awesome it is then start a stop watch from the first time you shoot it until you start shopping for the next one. And you live in GA son! AKMOTHERFUCKING7!

im going to have a first gun that I can have my gf shoot too. at this point, i've never been too addicted to shooting, so i doubt i'll be shopping again too quickly unless I just love the gun (and thus the shooting).

But if like me the gun is for the range go 9mm. You wallet will thank you.

oy vey. yup.

Q wrote:Just FYI, Stay away from those tards at the range. And if you decide on the .40, work up to it on others' firearms first.

my fave place to go when i used to live here (havent been back yet) was a small semi-private place and had few rules if you were in the range area alone (max capacity of 5 shooters iirc). if not, it was be considerate, don't get crazy, don't fuck with people's eardrums, and take turns in the range if need be. and it looks like i'll go with the 9mm, regardless of whether i get this specific gun, since i guess i hadn't considered the money difference in the long-term of plinking. And also I don't think i've spent even 30 minutes shooting a .40 or .45 round up to now, and so would hate to jump into something i don't enjoy doing too much.
- Robert Young Pelton
Fansy
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:18 pm

Some advice from someone who shoots a lot less than gets shot at...

If you buy a gun, don't bullshit yourself as to why. Just buy the gun that you will spend a lot more time fondling than shooting. If the gun salesman tries to sell you a cheaper "just as good" version tel the chinless, potbellied dweeb that you would kill anyone with anything less than a name brand weapon. Imagine the headlines "Man holds up bank with Chinese knock off of Browning...etc"

There are only three guns a white man should own. The first should be a revolver> I suggest A polished stainless colt Python with 8, 6 and 2 inch barrels (you can buy the barrels on ebay), and the second should be a cop show cool guy semi auto made by Glock or H&K. I could also a big ass 10mm Sig or 45 Kimber with a few custom bits

You should have at least two guns. So you have to decide which one you shoot, or if you shoot both or all you can compare and sound like an expert..."this one has a lighter trigger pull and a stronger taste on the palette"

You should buy a cool holster so you can go on dates with your Python or a belt clip for your Kimber (ya never know when you might have to kill 12 bad guys in less than 12 secs"

Bottom line is buy a gun that holds it value and shoots nicely.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Next

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!