A gun in granny's post...

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

A gun in granny's post...

Postby erwin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:51 am

When the parcel arrived by courier, grandmother Catherine Roots prepared to unwrap the horse harness she had been eagerly awaiting.

Instead, she was left shocked and frightened by the contents, fearing she had been caught up in some gangland arms deal.

The box contained a Heckler and Koch assault rifle, which was supposed to have gone to a police headquarters two miles away.

It went astray when someone at the suppliers got the final letter of the postcode wrong.

Mrs Roots called police and two armed officers arrived 'within minutes' to collect the gun.

Dorset police, who have apologised several times, assured Mrs Roots that it could not fire bullets.

It had been converted to produce an infrared beam for training exercises at their headquarters in Winfrith, near Dorchester.

But 55-year- old Mrs Roots, who lives in Winfrith Heath, wants an investigation.
She said: 'I couldn't believe my eyes. I was petrified and didn't dare touch it in case it went off.

'You just don't expect something like that to be sent by a courier, as if it was a Christmas gift or something for the house.

'A gun like this would be worth a lot. I'm sure it could be converted to shoot live rounds or used as a threat.'

She is also less than happy with the efficiency of the courier service.

Mrs Roots said: 'My home is a smallholding with fields, caravans, holiday cottages and a horse-drawn carriage that I use for weddings. There's no way you could confuse it with police headquarters.'
She added: 'The Government gets all hot under the collar when a computer goes missing. But something like this is potentially even more serious.

'How it can happen in this age of supposedly tight anti-terror security and high gun crime is beyond comprehension.'

Dorset police said that having a courier deliver the gun did not break any rules.
Assistant chief constable Adrian Whiting said: 'Although it might look like the real thing, the item isn't actually a firearm and it doesn't fire ammunition.

'It is not subject to any firearms controls other than that it couldn't be lawfully sold to someone under 18.

'Yes, if somebody wanted to misuse it and pretend it was real, then it could be quite a distressing item.

'Real firearms are transported by hand without the use of a courier.'

Police are talking to the supplier, which has not been named, to ensure the mistake is not repeated.
erwin
BFCus Regularus

Re: A gun in granny's post...

Postby roadkill » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:33 pm

strange country

police orders airsoft toys and grannies order horse harnesses.
roadkill
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Irrational fear is the winner here.

Again...why can't someone deliver something that cool to my address???
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby marie-angelique » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:16 pm

one time i received a box of peyote that was supposed to go to my neighbor's apt. i was in the back room and my friend signed for the box then tore it open. imagine my surprise! i gave it to them and they invited me to the party to partake, but being the goody-two-shoes that i am, i declined.
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby kilroy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:10 am

marie-angelique wrote:one time i received a box of peyote that was supposed to go to my neighbor's apt. i was in the back room and my friend signed for the box then tore it open. imagine my surprise! i gave it to them and they invited me to the party to partake, but being the goody-two-shoes that i am, i declined.

a shame, i've always wanted to give that and mescal a try. if it's good enough for huxley it should be good enough for you.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

granny

Postby el3so » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:31 am

marie-angelique wrote:one time i received a box of peyote that was supposed to go to my neighbor's apt.

Too bad, once you've opened it up (a major no-no in the el3so book of etiquette) you might as well take what you are entitled to for signing for the package in his stead.

kilroy wrote:a shame, i've always wanted to give that and mescal a try. if it's good enough for huxley it should be good enough for you.

Yea. Those and DMT. Blow my mind in a controlled environment, see if I can learn something other than the obvious.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: granny

Postby Mikethehack » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:38 am

el3so wrote: Blow my mind in a controlled environment, see if I can learn something other than the obvious.

Ultraswine gives head to LA zoo baboons. You thought he just did Venice Beach poofters, didn't you?
I'm not really a proper reporter, due to the chronic lack of discipline, negligible attention span, and a certain juvenile difficulty taking serious things seriously.
Andrew Mueller.
Mikethehack
Pimpmasterus Generalismus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!