My newest acquesition...

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

My newest acquesition...

Postby crotalus01 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:12 am

So lucky I found this for sale! A Bushmaster AR-15 chambered in .223 and 5.56, UTG Quad tactical rails with rubber protectors, 6 position collapsable stock, forward tactical grip and sling, all for $1100.00. It was a consignment gun I stumbled across at my local range. Its a Clinton Post ban gun so I need to do a little work on it (threaded barrel, bayonette lug, probably form 1 to SBR). I would post pics but my girlfriend has my digicamera at the moment (more accurately I would get 19D20 to post pics since I suck at computers).
ARs are almost impossible to get these days, I was very very lucky to come across this gun...
Remember, Salad is NOT food. Salad is what food EATS...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Re: My newest acquesition...

Postby Devlin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:08 pm

They are very hard to find and a good number of shop owners are raping the good people of the world. Cheaper the dirt was trying to get forty bucks for Pmags that a few weeks ago were selling for sixteen bucks. They are night people.

"There's two kinds of people in the world, The day people and the night people, It's the night people's job , to get the day peoples money" --- Ray Wylie Hubbard
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:20 pm

Devlin wrote:They are very hard to find and a good number of shop owners are raping the good people of the world. Cheaper the dirt was trying to get forty bucks for Pmags that a few weeks ago were selling for sixteen bucks. They are night people.

"There's two kinds of people in the world, The day people and the night people, It's the night people's job , to get the day peoples money" --- Ray Wylie Hubbard

Cheaper than Dirt has really started to get a bad reputation on price gouging during the last year or so.

It's surprising to me that ARs are selling so well that they are hard to find. I mean they are awesome guns, for sure - but I guess that sort of demand surprises me. All I can say is "wow". I bought mine as part of a trade which amounted to $500-600 a couple years ago, which I thought was a great deal - and I am really happy with it. It shoots great. On top of that, it's stamped "pistol" which in my state allows the conversion to pistol, carbine or rifle at my convenience just as I would the firearm I traded for it (a T/C Encore). As long as I don't put a shoulder stock on it while the pistol upper is mounted, I'm within the law. Works for me.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby crotalus01 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:52 pm

ARs are selling so well because Obama has stated his intention to make the AWB perminant. Try to order one from Bushmaster, Rock River, DPMS etc - they are 6 months behind on orders and not taking new orders.
Remember, Salad is NOT food. Salad is what food EATS...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Postby Woodsman » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:13 am

crotalus01 wrote:ARs are selling so well because Obama has stated his intention to make the AWB perminant. Try to order one from Bushmaster, Rock River, DPMS etc - they are 6 months behind on orders and not taking new orders.

Damned glad I got mine when I did. I'm set, but I should probably go out and get some reloading supplies before too long...
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:07 am

The wholesalers and manufactures are back ordered to hades, but fortunately my FFL buddy has Bushmasters,Rockrivers, DPMS and Colts in stock ready to sell.

Hey Mr. Woodsman howabout a 6.5 Grendel ?

The one on the bottom is a 6.8 SPC

What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!