Smith & Wesson M&P .40 cal

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Smith & Wesson M&P .40 cal

Postby Devlin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:03 am

Does anyone own one ? I am getting one issued to me next year. Feedback please
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Re: Smith & Wesson M&P .40 cal

Postby Woodsman » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:24 am

Devlin wrote:Does anyone own one ? I am getting one issued to me next year. Feedback please

They look pretty cool. Nice ergos...Haven't fired one though. I will be interested in a range report when you get it!
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:02 am

Woodsman wrote:
Devlin wrote:Does anyone own one ? I am getting one issued to me next year. Feedback please

They look pretty cool. Nice ergos...Haven't fired one though. I will be interested in a range report when you get it!

I went to their page and there are some good features. I have never owned a .40 cal so that will be all new to me.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby theJesusHorse » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:45 am

I'm not a big fan of S&W autos, but the M&P doesn't look too bad. Maybe it will change my mind about them
The misanthropic anthropoid formerly known as "apw100".
www.apwimages.com
theJesusHorse
BFCus Regularus

Postby ElPeregrino » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:06 am

Buddy of mine packs an M&P 9mm as his concealed carry gun. Pretty fucking big for a CCW by my tastes, but it's surprisingly light and packs a shitload of rounds. His clips hold 17 I think, and it has a fast action, so you can squeeze off several rounds very quickly. I've shot it a couple times, and (at least in the 9mm) I was surprised at the complete lack of recoil. I emptied the clip into a paper man at about fifteen yards and came back with a four inch group around the X, so I was pretty happy with the accuracy. As per the grips, I have smallish hands and it was quite comfortable. Everything is very "ergonomic".

Obviously this is all for the 9mm though. Can't speak for the .40, but I assume they're similar. From what I could tell in the local shop, the .40 isn't too much larger-framed or heavier, although the clip is a bit smaller.

As per the caliber, I love .40s. I have one made by Witness and another from Taurus. Both are satisfactory.
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
—Ambrose Bierce—
ElPeregrino

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!