Tactical Influenza

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Tactical Influenza

Postby Ultra Swain » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:49 am

Been sick all week, and was cleaning the Sig...

Grenade Lamp added for ambience....
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Re: Tactical Influenza

Postby nowonmai » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:14 am

Careful you don't get those suppositories mixed up.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:51 am

Apples. Dump the theraflu. Eat a couple apples. Honeycrisp are tasty and will knock the shit out of that flu.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:19 pm

Woodsman wrote:Apples. Dump the theraflu. Eat a couple apples. Honeycrisp are tasty and will knock the shit out of that flu.

I wouldn't dump the theraflu (I never use it myself) but I do agree with your apple treatment. What I do is eat fresh ones, and get a good cloudy cider and mix the cider with ginger and cayenne peppers and heat it up. Then at night I add rum to the cider mixture and go to bed.

But the best flu treatment is my Port and Porter Posset

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37211&p=361263&hilit=posset#p361263

Some modifications to the recipe:

Add a shot of brandy, reduce the eggs by two and whisk the eggs with the brandy to kill any salmonella that might be there. boil the milk with some port wine and lemon zest. Allspice is awesome in this as well.

It will put you to sleep fast and make you wake up feeling better because you got some nutrition in you as well as the wonderful booze.

If you want to go non-alcoholic just boil the alchol away in the beer.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Caliban » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Kurt wrote:
Woodsman wrote:Apples. Dump the theraflu. Eat a couple apples. Honeycrisp are tasty and will knock the shit out of that flu.

I wouldn't dump the theraflu (I never use it myself) but I do agree with your apple treatment. What I do is eat fresh ones, and get a good cloudy cider and mix the cider with ginger and cayenne peppers and heat it up. Then at night I add rum to the cider mixture and go to bed.

But the best flu treatment is my Port and Porter Posset

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37211&p=361263&hilit=posset#p361263

Some modifications to the recipe:

Add a shot of brandy, reduce the eggs by two and whisk the eggs with the brandy to kill any salmonella that might be there. boil the milk with some port wine and lemon zest. Allspice is awesome in this as well.

It will put you to sleep fast and make you wake up feeling better because you got some nutrition in you as well as the wonderful booze.

If you want to go non-alcoholic just boil the alchol away in the beer.

Do any of them actually cure the flu?

Oh wait, stupid me, who cares! Cheers, Im of to try each recipe for my current bout of sniffles
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby bearfood » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:40 am

Nice Sig. You should get yourself one of these as well,

Sig Mosquito .22lr

It's probably my favorite pistol to shoot. It's cheap and the controls are similar to a P226.

I had a cheap walmart laser on it for awhile, so cool to go out at night and bust bottles shooting from the hip. But I suppose you're not able to do that in Venice without some serious repercussions.

It's a little finicky with cheap ammo, but after a few thousand rounds down the tube, It's nearly impossible to get the little bastard to choke up.
bearfood

Postby Woodsman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:31 pm

bearfood wrote:Nice Sig. You should get yourself one of these as well,

He's got a P220. He can get a conversion kit for it as sig sells them.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ultra Swain » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:56 pm

I looked at a conversion kit a couple weeks ago. You save money on ammo but I could almost buy another gun for the amount of cash they want for that conversion kit. I just can't justify spending that dough to shoot .22. Now if it was a .357 conversion I would be all over that.

Just as an update, I love my Sig. I have never been so happy with a chunk of metal in my entire life. Switching from the SW99 has made all the difference in the world. Its exponentially more accurate. Its to the point where the range isn't long enough. 75ft and I am still getting nice tight groups. And no more squinting!
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby Abuster » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:29 pm

I had the .357 sig in a P226. God I miss that gun. It ROCKED! But it was so damn loud it wasn't even funny. After owning a lot of different guns in my time, I've come to the conclusion that the Glock 19 and any Sig are all that matters.
Abuster

Postby Hitoru » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:44 pm

I really didn't like my Sig 2340 when I first got it, but it has grown on me.
I do still prefer my old 1911 as I can inherently point , shoot and hit my target quicker.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Caliban » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:14 pm

Out of idle curiosity what are the average prices for a P220 or a Glock 19 over there, new and second hand?
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Chimborazo » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:22 am

Caliban wrote:Out of idle curiosity what are the average prices for a P220 or a Glock 19 over there, new and second hand?

I think around $800 and $500, respectively.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!