keyring gun

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

keyring gun

Postby erwin » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:35 pm

look what they found at the airport in amsterdam

some sort of doublebarrel keychain gun 10 cm long
erwin
BFCus Regularus

Re: keyring gun

Postby theJesusHorse » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Sweet! I doubt a two shot .22 would be of much use to a hijacker in this day and age though. I know that if someone tried to hijack my plane with that thing they would get a couple of backhand smacks and a thorough talking to...
The misanthropic anthropoid formerly known as "apw100".
www.apwimages.com
theJesusHorse
BFCus Regularus

Postby Fenrisco » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:21 am

It's hard to say from the photo, but I'm guessing the "keyring" is actually used to draw back a springloaded firing pin. I used to have a flare discharger whatsit that was similar.
Fenrisco
BFCus Regularus

Postby erwin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:57 pm

they didn't try to smuggle it aboard a plane , but they found it on someone in the arrival hall.
must have been waiting for somebody........
erwin
BFCus Regularus

Postby Caliban » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:10 pm

We are getting those turning up more and more, usually linked with S.E.A. nationals involved in big cannabis cultivation. Coming in through France I am led to believe, presumably that is to do with the old French Indo Ch.links.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Hitoru » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:42 pm

I believe it would be legal in Texas if it was registered as a "Any Other Weapon" and a $5.00 transfer tax paid.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby khalampre » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:00 pm

I want one just because
I hate everything about you - Ugly Kid Joe
khalampre
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:57 pm

19 D 20 wrote:I believe it would be legal in Texas if it was registered as a "Any Other Weapon" and a $5.00 transfer tax paid.

It has to be manufactured by a gun company to be eligible under AOW - It's not if it’s a homemade burner (I believe)

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Caliban » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:42 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:
19 D 20 wrote:I believe it would be legal in Texas if it was registered as a "Any Other Weapon" and a $5.00 transfer tax paid.

It has to be manufactured by a gun company to be eligible under AOW - It's not if it’s a homemade burner (I believe)

~JITW

Rather than homemade, someone is churning them out, as the ones I have seen are identical to each other and the one at the top of this page. Possibly a garage entrepreneur, but a good one, as they are well finished.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby Hitoru » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:07 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:

~JITW

I would believe You are correct, but think you could legally make one yourself with an atf approved form one .

You are "making" a firearm (an NFA firearm, specifically) when you submit a Form 1. Move to 27 CFR 179.102, "How Must Firearms be Identified?"

"You, as a manufacturer, importer, or MAKER of a firearm, must legibly identify the firearm as follows..." whereby the additional marking requirements are listed.
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Hitoru » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:11 pm

Caliban wrote:
JamesInTheWorld wrote:

~JITW

Rather than homemade, someone is churning them out, as the ones I have seen are identical to each other and the one at the top of this page. Possibly a garage entrepreneur, but a good one, as they are well finished.

It would be pretty easy with a CNC machine.

BTW I like your new avatar COPPER.
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby crotalus01 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:19 am

Form 1 it as an AOW, wait for approval before manufacturing and it would be perfectly legal in any state that allows AOWs. Same for Cane guns, Crutch guns, Pen guns etc.
Remember, Salad is NOT food. Salad is what food EATS...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!