Shot show 09 half ass report

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Shot show 09 half ass report

Postby Devlin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:25 am

Well I took the drive out there this week and spent the day walking around. Lots of cool new stuff.

The Gen four Glock may look a bit funny but the feel of it is real nice. I see a .40cal one in my future. Sig is putting out a small pocket rocket. I guess they are going after some of that concealed carry market that Kel Tec and Ruger have hit on with their 380 pocket guns. The Sig is real small and the fit and finish is what you would expect from Sig. It will retail for just over five bills which is cheap for a Sig but a lot of a 380 pocket gun.

Ruger has a new revolver that has some plastic in the frame. I guess they will sell it is a very light weight gun. It also will cost around five bills. I would just rather buy a used one or get a cheap Charter Arms if I was looking for a revolver.

I got to check out the SCAR from FN. It is very "modern" but the cost will be close to three grand. HK had their new rifles that they will aim at the US black rifle market. They were also real nice but the uppers will only fit on HK lowers. No mix and match stuff, that and their cost may hurt their sales.

I have to give some props to the guys at LaRue Tactical. They were real cool and gave away the best stuff. I opened my beer tonight with their free to me tactical bottle opener. Good people there I tell you.

I think my next black rifle will be the gas piston model that CMMG is putting out. They are doing it right. Magpul was there with some new stuff but they left that Glock 18 meets a Surefire rig that they showed last year and it was a Youtube hit. I was told they will never make it so they left it back at the office. The ACR was on display but you could not finger bang it.

I did noticed that there are a lot of people making the same stuff. All sorts of Maxpedition type bags, black tac boots and Pelican type case makers. I guess walking by all of their stuff in one day just put it all into focus.

The Surefire set up was so packed I just walked around it real quick. All of the top makers of most stuff that I like was there. It was one long ass day and a lot to cover in only a few hours.

Oh yea there was some tall guy with a mustache hawking a knife he designed. It was good to meet the head hillbilly of this cafe in person. The maker of the knife, Rat Cutlery has a good rep and I think I may just have to order that knife. I would like to get my hands on one of the first one hundred, I hear they will be numbered.

That is all I have for you.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Re: Shot show 09 half ass report

Postby bearfood » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:34 am

Do they still kill the messenger?

I kid.

I'm sure you're a really swell guy.
bearfood

Postby Hitoru » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:19 pm

It took me like 18 hours to finish fondling everything at the show in 2007. Did you do it in a day Professor ?
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Devlin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:40 pm

19 D 20 wrote:It took me like 18 hours to finish fondling everything at the show in 2007. Did you do it in a day Professor ?

I only had one day to do it. I went by myself so I had a game plan set and no one to slow me down. I knew what makers I had to see and I got them out of the way. Some of the hunting stuff I just passed right on by. Next year it is in Vegas and I think I will try to make that one. You do really need more then one day to see everything.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby theJesusHorse » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:55 pm

I had never been to the SHOT show before and I thought it was incredible. Absolutely enormous.

Highlights-
HK booth: HK 416/417, MP7, etc etc etc. Oh, and the GMG(auto grenade launcher) was impressive.

Accuracy International USA- lots of lovely UK made tactical sniper rifles.

Blackhawk: basically everything in their catalog was on display.

FN booth: SCAR and other weapons

RAT Cutlery: Pelton's knife is coming along nicely. Will be a handy piece...

Larry Vickers and Paul Howe were at the show. Both are ex-Delta guys who now design firearms and related items. Vickers is a legend in the 1911 community. He also co-designed the HK416/417 and HK45 with HK.

Oh, I got an awesome deal on a railed 1911 frame from Seth at Caspian. I cant wait for him to sent it to me.
The misanthropic anthropoid formerly known as "apw100".
www.apwimages.com
theJesusHorse
BFCus Regularus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!