More Than Ten Rounds is Unusual And Dangerous

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: More Than Ten Rounds is Unusual And Dangerous

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:02 pm

Chimborazo wrote:Yeah, it's long gone. And effective July 1, permit holders can now carry into ABC-on licensed establishments as long as they don't drink (this is statewide). A few other decent laws were passed too.

Here's the preemption law:

§ 15.2-915. Control of firearms; applicability to authorities and local governmental agencies.

A. No locality shall adopt or enforce any ordinance, resolution or motion, as permitted by § 15.2-1425, and no agent of such locality shall take any administrative action, governing the purchase, possession, transfer, ownership, carrying, storage or transporting of firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof other than those expressly authorized by statute. For purposes of this section, a statute that does not refer to firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof, shall not be construed to provide express authorization.

Nothing in this section shall prohibit a locality from adopting workplace rules relating to terms and conditions of employment of the workforce. Nothing in this section shall prohibit a law-enforcement officer, as defined in § 9.1-101 from acting within the scope of his duties.

The provisions of this section applicable to a locality shall also apply to any authority or to a local governmental entity, including a department or agency, but not including any local or regional jail or juvenile detention facility.

B. Any local ordinance, resolution or motion adopted prior to the effective date of this act governing the purchase, possession, transfer, ownership, carrying or transporting of firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof, other than those expressly authorized by statute, is invalid.

Sweet - but I carry a revolver so it doesn’t really affect me

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:57 am

Sure it does. Many localities had ordinances restricting carry. They can't do that any more.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:45 pm

I can carry anywhere in VA unrestricted now so it still don’t matter to me – but good for everyone else, CCW restrictions are gay

~JITW
JamesInTheWorld

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:26 pm

Werd. This was a good year too. Several decent gun laws made it through the General Assembly and were signed by the governor this week. They will be effective June 1.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Did you hear that Arizona made it legal for anyone (even non-residents) to carry concealed – no permit necessary?

~James G
JamesInTheWorld

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:57 pm

No...good for them. VA has a few more years to get this stuff through the GA and onto McDonnell's desk before another gun grabbing governor comes in.
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby mapandcompass » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:13 pm

James' point about AZ restriction free carry got me curious... here's an article for anyone interested: http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=12282386
mapandcompass
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:22 pm

mapandcompass wrote:James' point about AZ restriction free carry got me curious... here's an article for anyone interested: http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=12282386

yep, fucking good on AZ

~JITW
JamesInTheWorld

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!