New Toy: PS 90 SBR

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: New Toy: PS 90 SBR

Postby vetparatrooper » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:11 pm

I thought I said above that after looking at the prices for the Trijicons I am thinking of getting them before the laser anyway. Like i did say above, I can get the Trijicons for about 89 USD. I have not been seeing the lasers no matter what brand or type I look at for any less than about 229 USD. I have not decided a hundred percent to do anything to the pistol at all.....but if I do I will probably get the Trijicons first after seeing the prices. Plus, as I said earlier the laser is not an absolute necessity....just something i was thinking about and wanted opinions on what people might think were the best options. I might not do anything at all to the G19 as I am having quite a nice time with it just the way it is. Anyways again thanks for the opinion.
Conlige suspectos semper habitos
vetparatrooper
BFCus Regularus

Location: Mountains somewhere in the Appalachians (other than that, my exact location is nobody's bizness)

Postby inside-out » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:16 am

vetparatroop, no i didn't get it. i called my local atf field office three times for the proper forms but they never sent them. life went on.
play defense inside-out
inside-out
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:00 am

vetparatrooper wrote:yeah why not?

Would you also like a topographical map to the target?

Seriously dude, only couch commandos and cops use lasers on guns - You never see real operators use lasers [with the exception of IR lasers and green lasers]

Under extreme stress you will not be able to spot the tiny laser dot on a target quickly

If you are looking to improve your point shooting take the 100 bucks you would have spent on a laser and put it in a savings account until you have enough bread to take a 2 day course on point shooting and practice

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby vetparatrooper » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:24 am

Some of ya must have just read the word "Laser" in that first post on this topic and immediately gotten their cock on for some odd reason.....besides the fact that it is MY FRIGGIN GUN AND I DO NOT HAVE TO BEHOLD MYSELF TO ANYONE"S STANDARDS WHEN OUTFITTING IT............I say again, just as I said in at least two posts previously and I ain't saying it again, after thinking about it and after looking at the different options, I think I will go with the Trijicon Sights BUT EVEN THOSE ARE NOT A NECESSITY RIGHT NOW AS I AM HAVING QUITE A LOT OF FUN WITH THE PISTOL JUST THE WAY IT IS. Damn you ask for a simple opinion on some gear around here, which is best etc...IF you decide to buy any of it that is, and of course there have to be those who think the question has to define ones' whole life....
vetparatrooper
BFCus Regularus

Location: Mountains somewhere in the Appalachians (other than that, my exact location is nobody's bizness)

Postby Hitoru » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Welcome to the BFC's Guns and Weapons lite.

No whining allowed.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Chimborazo » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:26 pm

vetparatrooper wrote:I think I will go with the Trijicon Sights BUT EVEN THOSE ARE NOT A NECESSITY RIGHT NOW AS I AM HAVING QUITE A LOT OF FUN WITH THE PISTOL JUST THE WAY IT IS.

Good deal...you will like them. I'm thinking of getting a new set in the next year or two because mine are about ten years old and they are noticeably more dim. However, they are still decent at night and I still like them better than stock for day shooting. Speaking of...I need to hit the range. It's been too long.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:49 pm

My opinion:

Tritium sights are unnecessary.

A good low-profile adjustable sight and a rail light is infinitely better than a laser and/or night sights.

...and the cost is less.

The best overall use for tritium sights is so as you are waking up, you can find your gun a little more quickly.

Tritium sights don't illuminate the threat. If you can't see what you're shooting at, you don't make the shot.

I will admit that my adjustable sights on my Glock have tritium inserts, but after a great deal of time and experience with sidearms, I have come to different conclusions on what works best for a wide variety of use.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby vetparatrooper » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:25 pm

Hitoru (i think wrote);

No whining allowed.

not whining but I do hate it when people read one or two words of a question and/or observation and then automatically assume, based upon NOT fully reading something, that I must be some kind of douche for asking and/or making such an observation....and I stick to the ideal that it is my friggin gun and I can mount this little pistol with a grenade launcher if they made one and if I like it then that is really all that matters.

thnaks woods...I still think,as I think it was you who said, that the laser sights could only help me become even more accurate in the point and shoot category....but do I really need them??? Frankly, I don't know because none of my other pistols have ever had a laser on them....will I eventually want to try a laser out though...Sure, why not??

As a matter of fact all I have ever used on pistols before were good lights and then of course I have had both fixed and adjustable sights on my other pistols...I was only wondering about the whole factory sights versus gettting other types of sights because Glock says that you should get adjustable sights and that they are much more preferrable for this pistol...However I actually am beginning to like the fixed sights that came on the thing ...

but the laser prices are absolutely ridiculous. . As well, I said before that I might end up trying all the suggestions from knowledgeable people here and I might also end up, once trying them all out, throwing every bit of it in the closet or auctioning it all off on Ebay a week after trying it all out. Weapons must be tailored to suit individual tastes and I am just into experimenting with some of this stuff right now...used to be I never thought a bit about any modifications to my other pistols and just kept them the way they came when I bought them...aside from putting a good light on them...now however since starting the gunsmithing course, I am getting into more of these minor modfications.

As well, I am getting more time these days for fun-gunning...I can go out and shoot when I want and I can shoot up as many rounds as my wallet will allow me to...so i am also experimenting with different loads and such too..something I never thought much about before....i just fired what I had always fired and never experimented with ammo other than that which I had been raised on....My step-Dad of course always did his own hand loads for rifles and shotguns so i just got used to his own unique brand when i was a kid.....for pistols I never really paid much attention because, in the military, i just shot whatever they gave me to shoot...Now I am enjoying actually suiting a gun to fit me and not becoming suited to a weapon or type of ammunition simply because I have to be.

...Not the laser though...If I get one of those, whichever type I MIGHT eventually decide upon, I want to make daggone sure I want it before I lay out the kind of dough being asked for those things....
vetparatrooper
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:47 pm

Woodsman wrote:A good low-profile adjustable sight and a rail light is infinitely better than a laser and/or night sights.

...and the cost is less.

A decent rail light for under $100?
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Rhah » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Chimborazo wrote:
Woodsman wrote:A good low-profile adjustable sight and a rail light is infinitely better than a laser and/or night sights.

...and the cost is less.

I pretty sure one can get a Streamlight TLR-3 for about $100.00
"I am content to die as are all our comrades. But I will not let myself be slaughtered like a sheep. I would rather face the blow. Strike straight at my face and watch carefully if I pale at all.”
Rhah
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Chimborazo wrote:

...and the cost is less.

No problem.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:31 pm

Woodsman wrote:
Chimborazo wrote:

...and the cost is less.

No problem.

Hell yeah...thanks. Do you guys know if the Glock branded ones are worth a shit?
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:01 pm

Chimborazo wrote:
Hell yeah...thanks. Do you guys know if the Glock branded ones are worth a shit?

I don't know - The Glock models look pretty blocky to me. I have not read good reviews on one of theirs.

I use a TLR1 and like the TLR3 (though never used it) just because it's a tad more compact.

The TLR1 can easily illuminate 50 yards for a solid shot and blind the hell out of someone to boot. If you need something brighter than this, better get a spotlight. :-) TLR1 consistently gets good reviews as not the best, but a very good value and they're around $100 on sale at places. The newer ones have a brighter led circuitry I believe.

There are others out there that don't have the popular brand names that claim to be brighter and seem just as compact, but not sure how well they work. They are in the neighborhood of $60-70. I believe I remember reading a good review on one. Not sure where I read it.

I expect before too long they will have these units that take AA or AAAs and be even brighter than what is currently on the market.

Not a fan of the $$$ camera batteries they use, though they do put out the amps!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:00 pm

vetparatrooper wrote:Some of ya must have just read the word "Laser" in that first post on this topic and immediately gotten their cock on for some odd reason.....besides the fact that it is MY FRIGGIN GUN AND I DO NOT HAVE TO BEHOLD MYSELF TO ANYONE"S STANDARDS WHEN OUTFITTING IT............I say again, just as I said in at least two posts previously and I ain't saying it again, after thinking about it and after looking at the different options, I think I will go with the Trijicon Sights BUT EVEN THOSE ARE NOT A NECESSITY RIGHT NOW AS I AM HAVING QUITE A LOT OF FUN WITH THE PISTOL JUST THE WAY IT IS. Damn you ask for a simple opinion on some gear around here, which is best etc...IF you decide to buy any of it that is, and of course there have to be those who think the question has to define ones' whole life....

Just how many pounds of Sand do you have in your Vagina?

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Woodsman » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:56 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:Just how many pounds of Sand do you have in your Vagina?
~JITW

Same amount as your mother did when she had the blockage (you) that fell out along with a dune.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!