New Toy: PS 90 SBR

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: New Toy: PS 90 SBR

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:19 am

Woodsman wrote:
JamesInTheWorld wrote:Just how many pounds of Sand do you have in your Vagina?
~JITW

Same amount as your mother did when she had the blockage (you) that fell out along with a dune.

Was that a come-back? Pitiful - When you say things like that it confirms my suspicions that you were not popular in High School

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Woodsman » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:27 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:
Woodsman wrote:
JamesInTheWorld wrote:Just how many pounds of Sand do you have in your Vagina?
~JITW

Same amount as your mother did when she had the blockage (you) that fell out along with a dune.

Was that a come-back? Pitiful - When you say things like that it confirms my suspicions that you were not popular in High School

~JITW

No, not a comeback - it's just one of the stories your mom told me when i was using her head as an ashtray for my joints.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:54 am

LOL - You have never hung out with coll people have you?

~JITW
JamesInTheWorld

Postby Woodsman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:26 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:LOL - You have never hung out with coll people have you?

~JITW

What's a coll?
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Woodsman wrote:
JamesInTheWorld wrote:LOL - You have never hung out with coll people have you?

~JITW

What's a coll?

Same as Cool but with one less O and an extra L

~JITW
JamesInTheWorld

Postby Woodsman » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:11 am

That's coll.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby vetparatrooper » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:30 am

Damn now I wish I had gotten a Glock 22 .40 SW. Glock37 AGP. or Glock 21 .45 ACP. because I just heard the barrels are interchangeable....the 9MM cannot be changed out but the other calibers mentioned can be and when changed can shoot just like a 9MM.

I know the 9MM cannot be changed out because the breech face is smaller for the 9mm cartridge and it would not feed a .40 cal case.

But it sure would have been nice to find out this info before purchasing the Glcok 19
Conlige suspectos semper habitos
vetparatrooper
BFCus Regularus

Location: Mountains somewhere in the Appalachians (other than that, my exact location is nobody's bizness)

Postby Woodsman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:35 pm

vetparatrooper wrote:Damn now I wish I had gotten a Glock 22 .40 SW. Glock37 AGP. or Glock 21 .45 ACP. because I just heard the barrels are interchangeable....the 9MM cannot be changed out but the other calibers mentioned can be and when changed can shoot just like a 9MM.

I know the 9MM cannot be changed out because the breech face is smaller for the 9mm cartridge and it would not feed a .40 cal case.

But it sure would have been nice to find out this info before purchasing the Glcok 19

If you want complete caliber interchangeability, the 20/21 or 29/30 are the best models.

Still, the G19 has some fine amenities that those models do not have.

It's all a trade off. All things considered, 9mm is among the best of "all purpose" semi-auto handgun cartridges out there.

Keep in mind that if you buy one of these other model Glocks and go the conversion rate, you're gonna wind up spending a small fortune in conversion barrels and in some cases, slide assemblies.

I bought the G29 as a multi-purpose handgun mostly for hunting - and chose the compact model because it is desirable from my standpoint to have a small rather than large pistol - all purposes considered. Ideally, I would have preferred a pistol that was slightly larger in the grip than the G29, but the G20 is too large for practical purposes in my opinion. My theory is if you want large - go with a carbine. Large pistols outweigh their practicality. Speaking of weight, this gun is unbelievably light - which makes shooting full-power 10mm rounds fun and a tad challenging, but carrying it all day long through shintangle a snap.

With the G29, one can get adapter plates to attach to a G20 mag anyway, so if you want 15+1, it's an easy conversion. Longer barrels are an option too. I like to say that I can essentially turn a G29 into a G20, but cannot turn a G20 into a G29.

Cartridges I currently chamber with the G29:

10mm (standard chambering)
.40 s&w (requires conversion barrel - I procured a lightly used Federal arms barrel for $40.)
.22LR (requires slide assembly and mags - Advantage arms conversion kit)

Other possible chambering with the G29:

7.62x25 (requires modified magazines/springs/followers, custom barrel/springs/ custom slide assembly based on a 29 or 20 slide - not available in current market - requires gunsmith - but are available through the right channels).
.45 ACP or .45 GAP (G30 or G36 slide assembly + G21 or G30 mags)
.357 sig (conversion barrel - several companies stock)
9x25 Dillon (conversion barrel-several companies stock)
9x23 Winchester (conversion barrel - custom)
9mm para (conversion barrel - pretty much custom)

Basically, everything on the following pic, plus a few, except the .50AE (big one at far right) - but the .50GI is available if you want a .50 (custom on the G29)!

Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby vetparatrooper » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:16 pm

cheaper than dirt has conversion barrels for less than 100 bucks if you hit them at the right time. [url]Cheaperthandirt.com[/url] is a great place to find military surplus and other items way cheaper than anywhere else...I get almost all my stuff from there

But for now I think I am going to stick with the G19 and not worry about the conversion barrel thing. I like this compact gun alot and actually carried it down to the local feed and seed store today in a shoulder holster and no one even noticed it...that was the only reason I carried it was to see if anyone would even notice it under my jacket. it is a good little light gun
Conlige suspectos semper habitos
vetparatrooper
BFCus Regularus

Location: Mountains somewhere in the Appalachians (other than that, my exact location is nobody's bizness)

Postby Chimborazo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:26 pm

Just ordered this today - http://www.ombexpress.com/p_FL779.aspx

It's the strobe model, but that can be disabled if you don't want the strobe function. Now to find a good kydex holster for the G19 with TLR1.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!