Open Carry at the Beach

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Open Carry at the Beach

Postby Woodsman » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Devlin wrote:When I read the headline, I thought it said "Open carry at nude beach"

I still don't get it, why bring the attention to yourself, unless you just have some super bad ass iron that you want to show off.

Like this

That screams gay cowboy wannabe. The last time I saw one like that it was strapped to a German immigrant woman who stands guard as a "minuteman" on the AZ/Sonora border.

Great boat anchor though.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:09 pm

It's a beautiful pistol......but I don't care for where you'd need to holster it on a nude beach.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Devlin » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Woodsman wrote:
Devlin wrote:When I read the headline, I thought it said "Open carry at nude beach"

I still don't get it, why bring the attention to yourself, unless you just have some super bad ass iron that you want to show off.

Like this

That screams gay cowboy wannabe. The last time I saw one like that it was strapped to a German immigrant woman who stands guard as a "minuteman" on the AZ/Sonora border.

That great boat anchor is a Colt SAA or "Peacemaker" .45 that was made in 1904. It was engraved in the factory by Cuno Helfricht, who is considered to be Colt's finest engraver. Last year a Peacemaker that Cuno engraved sold at auction for sixty two thousand. The one pictured above just happens to be located in my safety deposit box and it is in better condition then the one that sold last year. Yea, great boat anchor.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:56 pm

The one pictured above just happens to be located in my safety deposit box and it is in better condition then the one that sold last year.
Very sweet indeed StPete.
I seriously doubt you will ever sell it ;-)
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Hitoru » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:28 pm

That's a bad mofo you have there professor. Whats with the notches ?
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Devlin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:30 am

Hitoru wrote:That's a bad mofo you have there professor. Whats with the notches ?

My Grandfather won the gun in a card game in Texas around 1912. The man he won it from was some form of lawman/deputy, the six notches were on the gun when he got it. According to Colt, the gun was shipped to San Antonio in 1904. My Father who is 82 years old was taught how to shoot with the gun when he was kid.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:54 am

My Grandfather won the gun in a card game in Texas around 1912.

That ouches my peanut it's so fuckin' cool.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Hitoru » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Devlin wrote:
Hitoru wrote:That's a bad mofo you have there professor. Whats with the notches ?

My Grandfather won the gun in a card game in Texas around 1912. .

Yeah, way cool.

An anchor, don't be a dipshit.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Lost Boy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:19 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:
coldharvest wrote:
Woodsman wrote:Yeah, but is THIS gay?

....hopefully later in the evening they can be a little gay.

Or a lot gay in a hard core woman on woman tongue lashing kinda way, with a bit of spanking of course.

The rifles are French, so yes. Quite gay.
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lost Boy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Devlin wrote:
Woodsman wrote:

Like this

That great boat anchor is a Colt SAA or "Peacemaker" .45 that was made in 1904. It was engraved in the factory by Cuno Helfricht, who is considered to be Colt's finest engraver. Last year a Peacemaker that Cuno engraved sold at auction for sixty two thousand. The one pictured above just happens to be located in my safety deposit box and it is in better condition then the one that sold last year. Yea, great boat anchor.

I'd recommend taking it out of your safety deposit box and storing it in a safe on your premises. In periods of civil disorder, banks will not allow you to take firearms or precious metals out of a safety deposit box. Just FYI.
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:43 pm

In periods of civil disorder

In periods of civil disorder I will be blowing the motherfucking doors off the bank and looting it six ways to Sunday....I recommend you all do the same.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Devlin » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:35 am

The bank don't know it is in there cause they have a no gun rule, lame bleeding hearts.

In a time of civil disorder, I have a good amount of newer weapons and ammo to pick from that I will not need a single action pistol. Once it is over though and I am a warlord it would make a great side piece.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:52 am

You could use it like a gavel when you pronounce Judgement.....just like Roy Bean.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby Caliban » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:24 pm

coldharvest wrote:You could use it like a gavel when you pronounce Judgement.....just like Roy Bean.

A $62,000 gavel....mmm

Devlin, you lucky fucker, I'm uber jealous.
"If you sit still the birds shit on you, even Buddha, life's short so get out there and do something"
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy. I can’t figure it out. What am I doing right?" Snoopy
Caliban
Oeconomus Cum Vagus

Postby SavageColombia » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:00 am

Open Carry...Hmmm.

From a Tactical Standpoint......... not very smart. Though i feel its everyones right to do so. But like many things........there is a time and a place for such activity.

Running around Hermosa Beach with an M-4 strapped on your back............why???? To prove a point???? I think the only thing to come out of that is more regulation,.
SavageColombia

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!