Federal Premium LE Tactical HST - Looks Nasty

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Federal Premium LE Tactical HST - Looks Nasty

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:18 am

Looks like the old Black Talon ammo from the 90's

~JITW

Federal Premium LE Tactical HST
http://soldiersystems.net/2010/06/25/fe ... tical-hst/

Today at the ATK Industry Day, SSD was privileged enough to witness a demonstration of Federal Premium LE’s new Tactical HST round in .45 Auto. When fired into ballistic gel, which is designed to simulate human flesh, the round penetrated a full 12 inches (the photo was taken off angle), expanding to a max diameter of .96 inches at its resting point. The round is a two piece projectile with a copper jacket that folds completely out of the way during penetration, while the round’s petals open to full expansion. The ammo is available in 9mm, .40, .45, and .357 SIG, however the SIG round is too fast, and as a result doesn’t fully open during penetration. More information can be found at http://www.le.atk.com.
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Re: Federal Premium LE Tactical HST - Looks Nasty

Postby Woodsman » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:49 pm

Most decent hollow points will do this if shot into soft media...of course they won't look so nice if you shoot them through chipboard, glass, wallboard, outerwear material, bones, etc.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:15 pm

After the Black Tallon was discontinued the Ranger SXT was the exact same thing. However, my understanding is that Winchester has since redesigned the SXT and it's nowhere near as good as their other "LEO" ammo.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby bwelkk » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:16 am

Chimborazo wrote:After the Black Tallon was discontinued the Ranger SXT was the exact same thing. However, my understanding is that Winchester has since redesigned the SXT and it's nowhere near as good as their other "LEO" ammo.

You're thinking of Ranger T, and it's still the same Black Talon without the Black. It's kind of difficult to find though, and it's always expensive as fuck.
bwelkk

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!