Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm (Yes or No) ?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm (Yes or No) ?

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:08 pm

Woodsman wrote:
JamesInTheWorld wrote:You should get a 3" .357 - hard to beat that for a book end.
~JITW

Fixed that for ya...no charge.

Until you use a gun for your job and have used one in combat don't give out advice based on your experience walking around a 1st world country packing a 9 because you are insecure and you think it makes you a tough guy

Just the fact that you just discounted a .357 stub-nose for self defense in the US shows that you have no idea what you are talking about

And don't do the "Fixed that for you" thing - Cold is funny when he does it - you just look like someone trying to copy the cool kids

Don't you have to go do the same thing you did yesterday?

~JIW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby Woodsman » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:06 am

JamesInTheWorld wrote:
Woodsman wrote:
JamesInTheWorld wrote:You should get a 3" .357 - hard to beat that for a book end.
~JITW

Fixed that for ya...no charge.

Just the fact that you just discounted a .357 stub-nose
~JIW

It's called SNUB nose, jimmy boy.

I'll bet you heard some TV cop say "snub nose" when you were listening to the TV in the background while playing with your pee pee and you thought he said "stub-nose". Ha ha ha - I can see that now.

Snub noses are heavy, short guns that are underpowered. Better than a club, they are best reserved for gang bangers that don't have much money to buy a decent gun, or girls (since they can't take the recoil from a man's gun) or gay assed limp wristed faggoty types such as yourself.

Grow a dick you slimy little kitten turd.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:59 am

Woodsman wrote:
Snub noses are heavy, short guns that are underpowered. Better than a club, they are best reserved for gang bangers that don't have much money to buy a decent gun, or girls (since they can't take the recoil from a man's gun) or gay assed limp wristed faggoty types such as yourself.

Like I said - spoken like someone who has no practical knowledge of what he is talking about. Seriously dude, you should be embarrassed that you just wrote that

Did you read that on AR-15.com or something

Man, you just keep digging that hole for yourself - Stop talking about things you know nothing about, you are making yourself look like an Airsoft player

~JITW
JamesInTheWorld

Postby Woodsman » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:22 am

JamesInTheWorld wrote:Man, you just keep digging that hole for yourself - Stop talking about things you know nothing about, you are making yourself look like an Airsoft player
~JITW

Stick to the dungeons and dragons you cock smoker.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Go jack off to a gun mag and leave the practical firearm advice to people with real world experience

~JITW
JamesInTheWorld

Postby Woodsman » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:38 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:Go jack off to a gun mag and leave the practical firearm advice to people with real world experience
~JITW

Your imagination has no boundaries. Stick to playing pirate, A-patchie.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby cowboycraig » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:01 pm

In the end of all this I went with the: springfield armory xd9

It is pure deadly sweetness. Like all the best women. :)

There is nothing wrong with jacking off to a gun mag.

Craig
cowboycraig
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:18 pm

Good choice. Enjoy!
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Woodsman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:16 pm

cowboycraig wrote:In the end of all this I went with the: springfield armory xd9

It is pure deadly sweetness. Like all the best women. :)
Craig

Range report?

How is the point, how is the trigger and how does it group?

It looks like a Springfield version of a Glock + a grip safety.

The backstrap looks curvy - how does it feel?

I've never owned a 9mm, but that might change sometime if I decide to convert my gun to 9x25 Dillon. :-)
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:18 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:
Woodsman wrote:

Like I said - spoken like someone who has no practical knowledge of what he is talking about. Seriously dude, you should be embarrassed that you just wrote that

Did you read that on AR-15.com or something

Man, you just keep digging that hole for yourself - Stop talking about things you know nothing about, you are making yourself look like an Airsoft player

~JITW

Good one James.

I saw this dude that got shot at the apartments I was ninja security at.
.357 w/ 4" barrel from one end of a staircase to the other end, hit the guy in the shoulder. His arm was barely hanging on by some tendons and skin. That one shot took all the fight out of him and he almost died from blood loss.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Woodsman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:48 pm

Hitoru wrote:
JamesInTheWorld wrote:
Woodsman wrote:Good one James.

I saw this dude that got shot at the apartments I was ninja security at.
.357 w/ 4" barrel from one end of a staircase to the other end, hit the guy in the shoulder. His arm was barely hanging on by some tendons and skin. That one shot took all the fight out of him and he almost died from blood loss.

Except that .38 snubbie ballistics do not equate, mimic or even come reasonably close to a .357 ballistics out of a 4" barrel .38 and .357 not even in the same ballpark... Diameter, yes, but energy no.

.38 snubbie = girls gun.

.357 4" revolver = just acceptable for deer hunting.

Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:29 pm

You know something woody ,I didn't notice anyone but you mentioning .38 anywhere on this thread.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Woodsman » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:20 pm

Hitoru wrote:You know something woody ,I didn't notice anyone but you mentioning .38 anywhere on this thread.

Interesting (and accurate) observation.

;-)
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:26 pm

Yes, I live in a land were ze overlords have deemed us peons unfit to legally own handguns and, yes, there are conversion sites for metric to whatever measurements and, yes, this question has very little if any impact on my day-to-day life.
But seeing how there are some knowledgeable posters here and me being too lazy to google it, isn't
Hitoru wrote: .38
basically the same as 9mm?
As in would/could the same size of round "fit" both a 9mm semi-automatic and a .38 revolver?

Feel free to tell me this is akin to stating cows and horses are the same because both have 4 legs and eat grass, but please, keep the flaming educational.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Woodsman » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:25 pm

el3so wrote:But seeing how there are some knowledgeable posters here and me being too lazy to google it, isn't
Hitoru wrote: .38
basically the same as 9mm?

No.

As in would/could the same size of round "fit" both a 9mm semi-automatic and a .38 revolver?

Nope.

Feel free to tell me this is akin to stating cows and horses are the same because both have 4 legs and eat grass, but please, keep the flaming educational.

No more flaming on my behalf, but the educational part I can wrap up pretty quickly...

There is no shortage of various cartridges which measure .357/9mm in bullet diameter.

Those that come to mind right away (without "googling") are the following:

.380, .38 special, 9x18, 9mm parabellum (also most often known as 9x19 or 9mm - this is what the S&W is chambered in), .38 Super, .357 sig, 9x23 Winchester, , .357 magnum, 9x25, .357 Herret and .357 maximum.

I probably left some out.

The bottom line is these are all different cartridges, some of which the casing is held into the mechanism differently (one may be held in by the mouth via a groove in the chamber or one maybe held in by the rim for example) most of these have different cases altogether, having different lengths of casings and at least one (sig) is a necked down case (can't remember what the Herrett looks like - just remember it being popular for a while in the T/C contender pistols (think slightly down scaled rifle).

They all are capable of shooting the same diameter projectile, but at wildly different velocities, and thus wildly varying destructive power.

Any of them will put a hole in an animal (humans included), and all are lethal (what moving object isn't?)...but some will put a hole clean through while knocking through bones and causing pressure and shock waves through blood vessels which is what really removes life from a animal (humans included) quickly.
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!