Did anyone else learn how to shoot guns in Public School?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Did anyone else learn how to shoot guns in Public School

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:04 am

Hitoru wrote:
JamesInTheWorld wrote:Don't all inner city kids learn how to shoot at school?

~JITW

What ever.

Don't you ever whatever me again!

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby vetparatrooper » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:30 am

To Kurt:

well I would not say mine was not at least partially tax payer funded....I am 39 years old and when I started in 4-h in the 4th grade the club meetings were held in the public schools in the town I grew up in,....so the school at least furnished a place for the club to meet during the school year and all that,.
Conlige suspectos semper habitos
vetparatrooper
BFCus Regularus

Location: Mountains somewhere in the Appalachians (other than that, my exact location is nobody's bizness)

Postby Hitoru » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:42 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:
Hitoru wrote:
JamesInTheWorld wrote:Don't all inner city kids learn how to shoot at school?

~JITW

What ever.

Don't you ever whatever me again!

~JITW

What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby vetparatrooper » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:49 pm

that Dr. Phil poster is Awesome. I saved it and I am going to send it to ssnapfish and see if they can make a big ass posteer for me of it.....that is classic....even if Dr. Phil himself needs plenty of fucking help too....LOL
Conlige suspectos semper habitos
vetparatrooper
BFCus Regularus

Location: Mountains somewhere in the Appalachians (other than that, my exact location is nobody's bizness)

Postby Sri Lanky » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:56 pm

Learned in the backwoods and on farms as a kid. Didn't really learn...it was kind of like,"there's a racoon,shoot it!"...and so on.
Sri Lanky

Postby Fenrisco » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:46 am

I learned to shoot (.22, 5.56, 7.62, clays) at school but it was a private school and I was in the cadet force and the shooting team. We had a full auto LSW in the armory (for which the entry code was 1234, I hope they've changed it) but I never got to fire it. We were about to build a 9mm/.357/.44 pistol range but then the Dunblane massacre made pistol shooting temporarily unfashionable in the UK.

My wife however was instructed in whatever Armalite variant the ROC Army used, as part of a public school program, but that was back during martial law when a D-Day style Chicom invasion was a significant possibility (it's not impossible now, but extremely unlikely). I believe they'd stopped lobbing artillery shells at one another at this point, but minor unpleasantness was still ongoing - her brother was stationed on Kinmen, a militarized ROC outpost near the PRC coast, and night sentry duty was much-feared. On moonless nights "grey ghosts" - PRC frogmen - would land, slit throats, and slip off again.
"Do What Keepeth Thou from Wilting Shall Be the Loophole of The Law"
Fenrisco
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:07 pm

I learned marksman skills by shooting Catholics with a .22 air rifle in our local park

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby Ultra Swain » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:13 pm

flipflop wrote:I learned marksman skills by shooting Catholics with a .22 air rifle in our local park

Cheers

How far do you have to lead a Catholic?
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby rickshaw92 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:14 pm

coldharvest wrote:I learned at about 10 but my school did have a rifle and pistol program through our cadets...and since you were branded a fag if you
didn't join cadets everybody signed up for instruction.

Cool. I was in air cadets as a boy, 666 sqn. Civitan though they changed the number, cunts. Was a real blast going up to Camp Borden for range and glider weekends.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby suwon fish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Ultra Swain wrote:
flipflop wrote:I learned marksman skills by shooting Catholics with a .22 air rifle in our local park

Cheers

How far do you have to lead a Catholic?

The three methods of engaging a moving target are smoke trail (where the weapon sweeps past the Catholic), ambush (where the Catholic walks/runs into your POI (point of impact)) and tracking (where the weapon moves at the same speed as the Catholic). I always favoured tracking.

Catholics are prone to marching, which would mean you would lead them less than most folks. I would take leading edge of target at 100 metres...
A day should not be praised until the Sun has set, a woman until she is burned, a sword until it's tested, ice until it's crossed or beer until it's drunk - Viking proverb
suwon fish
BFCus Regularus

Postby marie-angelique » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:20 am

Kurt wrote:So am I the only person who had a taxpayer funded gun course when I was a kid?

it appears so. do you still do some shooting?

i didn't learn how to shoot until i was out of college.
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
marie-angelique
Coonass

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:34 am

Boy Scout shotgun and .22 rifle, a couple summers.
My first time out at a real range, I got to use an uzi though.
Think I was 15 or 16 then.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby Simian » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 pm

I had archery in high school and shot guns at summer camp when I was 12. I am hoping my daughter (outside of me) gets the same experiences.
Simian

Postby Tonne » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:17 am

I'm German, but went to high school in Canada for some time. Anything firearm-related was considered off-limits just because. But I went to the range almost every week with the uncle I was living with (who happens to be US-American). Back in Germany, some buddies of mine did the German hunting course. To obtain a hunting license in Germany you need to learn a lot about animals, plants, agriculture, and so on. It takes about one year to do the course and is harder than graduating from a German college. I am doing it now, as a university student. But I was drafted into the army where I received pretty good firearms training on pistols, assault rifles (G3 and G36), machine guns (MG3 - buyakashaaaaa!), grenade launchers and hand-held anti-tank missiles in basic training. Sadly, drafting is cancelled until further notice here. A decade ago, any 18 year-old man not willing to do social service in a kindergarden or something would go to the army for nine months. I did one year in order to get me into a direct action unit, and it was really cool.
But if you don't join the army and want to go in the woods for a shootin, you gota have that hunting license. That's what I'm doing right now cause I want to go hunting with my buddies.
Tonne

Postby rockspyder » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:34 pm

I had hunter safety in high school, sophomore year, IIRC, but I had learned to shoot when I was about 5 years old, with an air-rifle. Graduated to supervised .22LR by about 8. Dad died when I was 12, so i was pretty much unsupervised .22LR and then on larger from then on. We got no practical application in the high school course, but I did shoot some with the ROTC class.

I guess, now that I think about it, I've never had real training in pistol. Some in rifle, on the M-16 during (high school) ROTC.
rockspyder

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!