Stupid Gun Tricks-Negligent Discharges

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Stupid Gun Tricks-Negligent Discharges

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:54 pm

Hitoru wrote:A Plano narcotics sergeant intended to activate a flashlight affixed to his service weapon when he accidentally pulled the trigger, fatally shooting a drug suspect in a Far North Dallas parking lot last month, the officer told investigators.

I have seen people do similar things under stress - it is a combination of poor/not enough training, someone that failed under stress due to limited experience in high-stress situations

All these can be fixed with proper training [with the exception of some people that just can’t cut it in a job where you carry a gun]

I blame the department – if they want guys running around with sub-guns like SEAL teams then pay for the training

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby shivers » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:12 pm

Don't forget Bruce Lavallee-Davidson, the dude that shot and killed his buddy during a sex romp. He got a 15 year sentence, 5 years suspended.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/1 ... 21421.html
We are miserable sinners,
Filthy fuckers,
Arseholes!
shivers
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:42 pm

Good one shivers. I had missed that one, and that was a really "fucking" stupid trick.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby khalampre » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:36 pm

We were training in Ft. Polk once and doing some stuff in one of their "cities". After the assault I (with a my M-4 and Gustav) was placed on the roof with an MG team. We had these strange plastic bullets that were designed not to mess up the buildings in the training areas, but would mess a person up all the same.

So we were shooting at these pop up targets (at night mind you) and someone steps on my boot. I rolled to the left to see who it was and what they wanted. Just then something went POW. The guy that stepped on me had done so because it was dark and he did not see me, and the thing that went pow as a MG barrel that had been changed out for a cool barrel. The brass went into the boot of the guy that stepped on me (at first he claimed that I turned around and shot him), and he went about acting like someone shot him in the face.

There was a lot of radio chatter about people getting shot, the lights came on, and shooting stopped. After a bit I noticed that my radio was not making noise like all of the others. When I looked down the wires and the radio were shredded. Had that guy not stepped on my foot when he did, I would have taken a funky plastic round to the elbow.

I have also seen a tracer hit a tree, make a 90, hit another tree, make a 90, and then get stuck in the shoulder of a guy in another squad.
I hate everything about you - Ugly Kid Joe
khalampre
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Something that irks the shit out of me is when I hear or read "the gun went off." That almost never happens...somebody pulled the fucking trigger, it didn't just "go off."

Here's video of a deputy almost braining a suspect in custody.

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/1/5/accidental-discharge-204422
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:03 am

Was in the wilderness with my cousin who lives in a mining town nearby...an avid hunter. We came across a black timber wolf. My cousin was going to shoot it and I convinced him otherwise. He agreed and decided not to shoot it. Negligence averted.

All those times in the bush and on the farms where we shot indiscriminately....for once I had a moment of clarity. There's power in letting something live.
Sri Lanky

Postby Ultra Swain » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:08 am

not one "I had a negligent discharge in your mom last night" joke yet? i must not be serious enough for this sub-forum.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby michelle in alaska » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:14 am

the article;
Since 1982, Kennesaw — a town of 20,000 located 26 miles north of Atlanta — has required all heads of households to own a firearm and ammunition.......

the title:
Gun town sees less crime/more accidents

i chuckled every time i read this.
No Apologies.
michelle in alaska
BFCus Regularus

Postby Atrax » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:17 am

I'll never forget that DEA agent in the elementary school classroom. Why the hell he was even showing off his guns is beyond me.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeGD7r6s-zU
Atrax
BFCus Regularus

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:36 am

I was trying to figure out something to write that would be pro-life but not anti-gun at the same time....and that did actually happen. It would have been shitty to kill a lone timberwolf. And yes,it stood there stoically.....in between fear and no fear. Striking.
Sri Lanky

Postby Sri Lanky » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:08 am

You have to be almost Tarkan-serious to contribute here. I say almost because attaining Tarkan- like seriousness would be a lifetime endeavor. Luckily for Tarkan he was born that way.

Anyways,in all seriousness I know a guy who had a gun in his pocket and it went off shooting one of his balls off along with three of his toes. He,fortunately,only showed me the foot injury.
Sri Lanky

Postby Hitoru » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:38 pm

With Tarkan like seriousness our fucktard governor shot a coyote while jogging in Austin.
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby kilroy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:36 pm

i forget if i heard this story here or elsewhere, but somebody once told me a story about some dumbass at the range trying to impress his girl by firing a deagle one handed gangsta gat style, and the recoil made the gun fly back and he accidentally pulled the trigger a second time - that shot going straight into his own dome. talk about a shitty date.
when they ask how you feeling
you tell em you feeling like something important died screaming
you tell em you feeling like something even more important arrived breathing
something you should probably try feeding
kilroy
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:10 pm

This thread needs pics.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Hitoru » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Cops Baffled by Twins' Double Shooting at Colo. Shooting Range.

Family members of two Australian twins shot at a Colorado gun range are traveling to the U.S. to determine which of the women is dead, after a mysterious double-shooting that has baffled investigators.

Both of them were shot in the head. One died instantly and the other was rushed to a hospital in critical condition where she has been unable to talk to investigators since the shooting Monday.

Police have been unable to determine which of the identical twins, 29, was killed or how the shootings occurred.

Police are unsure of who shot the gun, or guns, whether the women each shot themselves, shot each other, or if one shot her sister and then herself.

"We don't know what happened. Each new piece of information creates a new possibility," said Capt. Louie Perea, spokesman for the Arapahoe County Sheriff.

"The unfortunate thing is there is video, but it doesn't show the shooting, just the women falling in the stall. The shooting was not captured," he said.

The women, whose names won't be released until it's clear which one was killed, were simultaneously shot Monday after renting pistols at the eerily named Family Shooting Center in Cherry Creek State Park, south of Denver.

Both women rented small-caliber pistols and were inside the same shooting stall at the range. Surveillance video from the scene shows both women falling out of the booth simultaneously, but the camera did not capture the shooting.

"There is no one else nearby," Perea said. "No one appears to be walking towards the stall or away from it. They were the only two individuals in the stall."

Perea said the evidence found at the scene was too complicated to determine what took place and will require additional testing.

"The crime lab is processing all the evidence and it could take weeks," Perea said. "The coroner has yet to finish his report. There could be additional ballistics tests, if need be."

It appeared that neither women was killed by a single stray bullet from a third shooter, he said.

Twins identified in suicide pact at shooting range

DENVER, Colo. -- FOX31 has confirmed the names of the twin sisters from Australia as 29-year-olds Candace and Kristin Hermeler of Victoria, Australia. It is not known which twin survived and which twin died in the incident.

Authorities have determined that it was a suicide pact between twin sisters that left one dead and the other in critical condition following a double shooting at the Cherry Creek State Park shooting range on Nov. 15.

Relatives of the 29-year-old identical twin sisters from Australia who were shot at the Cherry Creek State Park shooting range are on their way to the United States to identify which one is dead, the Australian newspaper Herald Sun reports.

"They have similar appearance, they have head wounds. So you have to take all that into consideration and one thing we want to do is... be 100 percent definite that we know the true identity of them before we release information on them," said Capt. Louie Perea, from the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office.

Surveillance cameras at the Family Shooting Center show the sisters falling backwards out of their stall at the same time, investigators said.

No one else was present and no suspects were being sought, authorities said.

“Everything seemed normal and fine. And then all of the sudden they were on the ground,” said Doug Hamilton, owner of Family Shooting Center.

Hamilton said the women, whose names were not released as of Wednesday, had been shooting at the range for roughly an hour-and-a-half before the incident and had visited the range before.

“This was clearly not the first time they had shot, but they also clearly were not among my expert shooters here,” Hamilton said.

Investigators are trying to determine if the sisters shot themselves at the same time, shot each other at the same time, of if one sister shot the other before turning the gun on herself.

Authorities are not ruling out the possibility it was an accident.

"We definitely want to be open-minded. We want to make sure we do a thorough complete investigation and once we feel comfortable enough to lean one way or another then obviously that's the direction we'll take," said Perea.

One twin died instantly. The other sustained a gunshot wound to the head and was listed in stable condition at Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, Colorado Wednesday afternoon.

The sisters were in the United States on cultural exchange visas and one was due to return to Australia Tuesday, authorities said.
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!