HEST/F Status for those of us with no USPS updates or email

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

HEST/F Status for those of us with no USPS updates or email

Postby EZ Bake » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:33 pm

This is my first post here, I came from Bladeforums and I'm one of the guys who ordered an LE HEST/f

I know I'm not the only one who got the initial USPS notification, but then no updates from USPS and no email from DPx letting me know if my knife was sent back to Italy. I hope this means that the weather has delayed my shipment and the USPS system isn't updating properly (its happened before) and my knife will show up on my porch today or tomorrow.

Personally, I never had a problem just getting the knife the way it was (proud tip or not - I'm no whiner, it didn't matter to me).

Is there a way for us to be updated on or off the forum (I replied to info@DPXgear.com asking this, but I assume there are a lot of emails going around right now regarding shipping, etc.)?

Also, is there a way for us to avoid having them sent back and just get them in our hands or is the return mandatory?
EZ Bake

Re: HEST/F Status for those of us with no USPS updates or em

Postby jacktrades_nbk » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:09 pm

the LE knives are by now in Italy
DPx Gun Club\Tribe member
jacktrades_nbk

Postby RYP » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:25 pm

Info,

Here is the official version.

- We printed out labels for all the knives. It automatically generates a USPS notification.

- The first lot went out (118 knives) and the rest we held back. The ones that shipped triggered another USPS notice. And all of them have been delivered by now or can be tracked

- We returned those to Italy for tuning and they will be turned around this week. The concern voiced by about a dozen people was the knife sitting high. Since we want those folks to be happy we offered to make it they way they want

- We ordered a pin kit that users can do. Very simple. Video is online. This will be mailed out,

- If they want us to do it. We will not only pay postage both ways but do it at their leisure and provide a sharpen, tune etc

- The Regular production knives were shipped on Friday and should arrive this week. With turnaround to dealers early next week or sooner.

- In the meantime if anyone wants to keep their knife as is, send it in, send it in later, or return it we are absolutely happy to do any of the above.

- There was an incident at a certain forum in which a certain member was abusing our customers, posting foul comments repetitively. I dealt with that person by asking him to contact me and then offering to send him a free knife. He fully understands the impact of his actions and apologized. I am fine with that and there is no further concern on my part. But I chose to discontinue my presence at that forum until such time that a) i have an agreement that my customers will not be abused and b) unproductive comments by unrelated parties are removed.

- yes there are people who post stuff about me threatening people, not getting email responses, being a bad person etc etc but we are happy to provide calm, fact filled responses and take full responsibility for screwing up when we do. That's why I chose to send a large number of product back so that it would be perfect, You are going to own and use this knife for a lifetime so the month that you were denied it will fade quickly.

I think I am a bad internet person because I can't do the fake avatar/sniping thing. I have my real picture, real name and you can find me easily. If someone abuses or threatens our customers I will always contact them directly and ask them to explain themselves in person or the peson they are abusing. If they choose not to then I will provide whatever assistance our customers need to understand why they are being insulted, threatened or stalked and end it. My goal is a peaceful resolution and respect for divergent opinions.

If you don't require any assistance that is fine too. We all like a little dust up now and then.

I will always try to answer your questions and comments fully and thoughtfully. If you dislike our product or have negative comments on it I welcome those too and will spend an equal amount of time listening. But you had better put as much thought and care into slagging as the people here have shown in their reviews.

Customers also have customerservice@dpxgear.com for the mundane work of tracking, billing, returns, repairs etc etc.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby EZ Bake » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Thanks for the response RYP. I wasn't trying to drag any cross-forum garbage over here either so I'm sorry if that's how my post came across (I wasn't complaining - I just didn't see the "issues" as the same big deal that others did and would rather have had the knife without having it sent back first).

If we've got to wait longer, then we've got to wait - no big deal. I just didn't know for sure since I hadn't seen an update, so I thought I'd ask over here - again, thanks for the update.
EZ Bake

Postby RYP » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:43 pm

no sweat, no worries. My job as a small business owner and gear manufacturer who is passionate about his products is to answer those questions. In every new business you make mistakes. We spent four months testing this knife and a tiny shift in final run pushed the blade up. Its an easy fix and a few people noticed it. But I made the call to make these knives perfect. Yes I will take some hits but I will suck it up.

We are coming out with a lot of products and each one is going to tested, then tested again by the customers. This process is continual so while some may look at it as a mistake, its a constant process of enhancement. Some of the knife reviews and comments here have alreadly gone into the hopper for 2011 second run versions and we will keep going until we run out of ways to make the knife perfect.
RYP

Postby Texas Carnie Roadshow » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:23 am

RYP wrote:me threatening people

It's not so much you that threatens them.
It's the threat of what your moustache represents.
A return to the days of Tom Selleck.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.
Texas Carnie Roadshow
Rainbow Fucking Randolph

Postby reap6 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:33 am

Any new updates RYP..Leaving Italy..Hopefully...
Deserve has got nothing to do with it.

unforgiven-
reap6

Postby RYP » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:39 am

Greetings. Gianni is tuning each knife and returning by Monday so end of week and then quick turn to your. Thank you for your patience. I know a lot of people would have been happy with the knife as is. But I want it PERFECT. So each knife is being tuned by a master knife maker. Yes its a pain but you are going to appreciate it.
RYP

Postby reap6 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:40 am

Thank You. I do.

unforgiven-
reap6

Postby fordfreak » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:37 am

Texas Carnie Roadshow wrote:
RYP wrote:me threatening people

It's not so much you that threatens them.
It's the threat of what your moustache represents.
A return to the days of Tom Selleck.

That made me laugh so hard !!! hahaha
fordfreak

Postby RYP » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:17 pm

I swear an oath on my Charlie's Angels lunch box that I will never wear Hawaiin shirts or grow two more mustaches on top of my eyes and wiggle them.
RYP

Postby reap6 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:01 pm

RYP..saw from another post you are in Africa. Can you please cheer me up before the weekend and tell me that all Certificates have been signed (atleast #67 anway) and when the LE knives reach Cali, hopefully today, they will be shipped out by a trustworthy employee.

THANK YOU

unforgiven-
reap6

Postby RYP » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:49 pm

I signed all the certificates a while back and the LE's are on their way back. I have a great team that takes care of customers when I am gone.
RYP

Postby coldharvest » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:32 pm

RYP wrote:I have a great team that takes care of customers when I am gone.

Just leave a list behind and I promise I'll take care of everyone on it.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby reap6 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Any new news RYP. I emailed customer service last night but havnt heard back yet.

unforgiven-
reap6

Next

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!