DPx HEST PRODUCTION RUN ARE HERE!

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: DPx HEST PRODUCTION RUN ARE HERE!

Postby RSnyder » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:41 pm

Got my HEST/F at noon today. Pleasantly surprised at it. Up until that moment I'd been carrying a CSAR-T. Hate to say it, but it's being retired. Thanks for the product and thanks for the attention to detail, RYP.

Any word on the other versions of the clips?
"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home." - James Michener
"Why is it that everyone who hates freedom apparently hates indoor plumbin'?" - Tim Wilson, comedian.
RSnyder

Postby johnny h. » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:33 pm

RSnyder wrote:Got my HEST/F at noon today. Pleasantly surprised at it. Up until that moment I'd been carrying a CSAR-T. Hate to say it, but it's being retired. Thanks for the product and thanks for the attention to detail, RYP.

Any word on the other versions of the clips?

What he said
johnny h.

Postby JohnnyScience » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:25 pm

RYP wrote:They arrived and went out.

Who did they go out to? Because knifeworks still had not received a 2nd batch and I PAID almost 4 months ago.
JohnnyScience

Postby EdPDX » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:45 am

RYP, Johnny Science asked for an update on shipments to Knifeworks. You stated in this thread on the 15th that the production knives came in and went out. Can you confirm. Knifeworks has not sent any word that shipments are here two weeks after you said they shipped.
EdPDX

Postby RYP » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:27 pm

Shipments are sent by the company and often partial to be fair to all dealers. I don't know what product you specifically bought. For example left handers are a completely different production run. Best to contact customerservice "at" dpxgear for the specifics.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby EdPDX » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:23 pm

I got this email from Roger at Knifeworks on 3/30/2011:

There is a lot of confusion on this, the first run has not been completed
yet, I have talk to DPX gear about this and they are trying to get with Lion
Steel as to when they are going to ship the rest of the first run, they
still owe us 275 pieces of the first run. Some dealers are saying they are
waiting on the second run, because they have gotten all of their first run,
But we had 375 out of the first run, so we are waiting on the rest of them,
The second run will be sometime this summer.

Thanks,

Roger
Knifeworks Inc.

It does not address the "when will you ship mine" issue; but there seems to be a sort of communication happening.
EdPDX

Postby RYP » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:17 am

There is a lot of communication going on but when someone orders from a dealer and then posts under an alias and asks where his knife is...how exactly does a manufacturer respond to that?
RYP

Postby EdPDX » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:52 pm

RYP,

There is a lot of communication going on but when someone orders from a dealer and then posts under an alias and asks where his knife is...how exactly does a manufacturer respond to that?

Hey, man I am asking for general info from you -"when will Knifeworks be getting the balance of their initial order?". Others have asked the same question- gen-er-ally. I did not ask you to tell me when I will get mine- I recognize the fact that the dealer has my sales record and not the manufacturer. Read what the Dealer wrote to me, which I have chosen to share; he apparently has no idea of when he is to get the next fulfillment.

I asked specifically from my dealer about once a month since the beginning of the year "any word yet on when you think you'll be shipping my order". His website has not really been updated to reflect any new info since he started advertising sales of this model, so I am posting what his latest response is as a FYI to other alias posters.

There is a lot of confusion on this, the first run has not been completed
yet, I have talk to DPX gear about this and they are trying to get with Lion
Steel as to when they are going to ship the rest of the first run, they
still owe us 275 pieces of the first run. Some dealers are saying they are
waiting on the second run, because they have gotten all of their first run,
But we had 375 out of the first run, so we are waiting on the rest of them,
The second run will be sometime this summer.

Thanks,

Roger
Knifeworks Inc.

You ask: how exactly does a manufacturer respond to that?

How about, "I don't know; but I'll make a call and find out when they are getting more" There is no sense in getting defensive with me, I went in knowing that your product had not even come off of the production line yet when I laid down my money sight unseen. You essentially said: "Here is a picture of what I am working on, I think it's cool, top materials and craftsmanship, if you trust me and and want to get in on one you can send your money now, I'll send one to you when they come out", no? I am being patient, I just wanted an update from someone a little higher up the food chain as my dealer is apparently in the dark. After 4-5 months waiting I think I have not been unreasonable to make a request to get get an update.
EdPDX

Postby jacktrades_nbk » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:08 pm

Cheers all,
DPx Gun Club\Tribe member
jacktrades_nbk

Postby RYP » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:00 pm

"There is no sense in getting defensive with me, "

My speciality is offensive..:)) I don't know many companies that do customer service even from Mogadishu

I am pointing out that if you need a specific answer then it helps us to have the specifics. We have another shipment stateside and it will be going out to dealers shortly.
RYP

Postby rockspyder » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:45 am

RYP wrote: I don't know many companies that do customer service even from Mogadishu

Now THAT is a quotable quote!
rockspyder

Postby JamesInTheWorld » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:45 am

Would I be a dick if I said - then don't run a business from Mogadishu if you can't support your customers?

~JITW
International Civilian Contractor Jobs
High Paying International Jobs
Iraq - Afghanistan - Asia - Europe
www.CivilianContractorJobs.com
JamesInTheWorld
I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS

Postby RYP » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:23 pm

I do support my customers. We have a whole customer service department that kicks ass. This fellow doesn't have a knife yet and he is posting under an alias, not as a customer. So its hard to tell him what he wants to hear. That is my point. Got nothing to do with customer service.

I can't help it if the demand for the HEST exceeds production. We will be making more but for now people wait and that sucks but I can't fix that part. If they want their money back we are always there for them.

You will find that for every potential customer who can't wait for their knife there are plenty more that step in to snap it up.

But rest assured, you are a dick whether you open your mouth or not.
RYP

Postby johnny h. » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Haha that's awesome
johnny h.

Postby reap6 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:57 pm

JamesInTheWorld wrote:Would I be a dick if I said - then don't run a business from Mogadishu if you can't support your customers?

~JITW

James, No question your totally a dick, it says I hope you get hit by a bus under your name, need I say more..However, your comments are totally correct and RYP, I am not so patiently waiting on #67 and I email customer service 1x per week. 2 weeks now with no answer but more importantly, no knife or idea of when it may ever appear..
Deserve has got nothing to do with it.

unforgiven-
reap6

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!