HEST/F Question

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

HEST/F Question

Postby RSnyder » Mon May 23, 2011 12:29 pm

Anyone with a HEST/F having problems with the blade wiggling? Mine has started wiggling a little from side-to-side when locked open. Setting the rotoblock doesn't have any effect on it.

I'm thinking it's the spacers, but I'm not the kind to disassemble the thing just to find out. I always wind up with spare parts afterward.

Also, any word on replacement clips? I also need a new glassbreaker if there are any sitting around anywhere.

Thanks,
R
"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home." - James Michener
"Why is it that everyone who hates freedom apparently hates indoor plumbin'?" - Tim Wilson, comedian.
RSnyder

Re: HEST/F Question

Postby RYP » Tue May 24, 2011 5:15 pm

Clips arrived yesterday. Knife wiggles? Send it in we will turn it around ASAP.

shoot an email to customerservice@dpxgear.com
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby BurntOut » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:20 pm

Question for Robert or anyone who might know; If any folders are sent in for replacement, are they now being replaced with the "second run" of folders? I recall reading the second run would address some of the problems that some people had with the first run, so I was curious.

I'm on my second HEST/F, and it's better than the first one I had, but there is still a little lock movement if pressure is applied to the blade. No failures yet that's why I haven't sent it in just yet.
BurntOut

Postby RYP » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Yes if you have a warranty question or problem with your knife we choose to repair or replace. 2.0s aren't here yet but coming in next month
RYP

Postby RYP » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Yes if you have a warranty question or problem with your knife we choose to repair or replace. 2.0s aren't here yet but coming in next month
RYP

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!