Cars?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:07 pm

HockeyGuy wrote:Do you live in the Bay area? What's the other track up there... Infineon?

Yeah. There's also Infineon (*cough* Sear's Point *cough*) and Laguna Seca. I get down to Buttonwillow sometimes, but it's too flat. I always tell people there aren't any walls at Sear's Point unless you look for them. Unfortunately I got knocked sideways into one of them at a Laguna Seca race a few years ago. Folded the car down the middle. Broke the engine, transmission, and differential. The wall (bridge abutment) took out the passenger side body panels and the guy who hit me took out the other side.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:32 pm

Ouch. That sounds expensive. Racing is not a cheap endeavor even though it sounds like you have a shop of some sort.
Right...laguna. Amazing track...
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:48 pm

HockeyGuy wrote:Ouch. That sounds expensive.

It was actually kind of painful, too. I had a headache for a week and some other muscle aches. It was a good thing it was on the passenger side.
Racing is not a cheap endeavor even though it sounds like you have a shop of some sort.

I have a garage with some tools and a bit of mechanical ability, but I do depend on true professionals for a lot of things.
Right...laguna. Amazing track...

It used to be my favorite track because I took my first racing school there, but Sear's Point is my favorite now. It's a bit more complex than Laguna Seca.
Last edited by ktrout on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:49 pm

ktrout wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:Ouch. That sounds expensive.

It was actually kind of painful, too. I had a headache for a week and some other muscle aches. It was a good thing it was on the passenger side.
Racing is not a cheap endeavor even though it sounds like you have a shop of some sort.

I have a garage with some tools and a bit of mechanical ability, but I do depend on true professionals for a lot of things.

I hear ya...I got t-boned last year and I'm still recovering.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:51 pm

OK, the car above is what?

To me it looks like the grill of a Mercury Cougar from 1981 or 82 and I think the hood ornament is Lincoln, but the front fenders look like a 1962 to 1967 Lincoln Continental....and chromed retractable headlights? that is kind of cool. But I think North Korea made their own Frankenhearse.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Woodsman » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Kurt wrote:Image

To me it looks like the grill of a Mercury Cougar from 1981 or 82 and I think the hood ornament is Lincoln, but the front fenders look like a 1962 to 1967 Lincoln Continental....and chromed retractable headlights? that is kind of cool. But I think North Korea made their own Frankenhearse.

Interesting. It looks like an old pimped out Lincoln Continental to me. Some of those old ones had retractable headlights if I recall correctly. The fog lights and chrome covers probably came from China just like the 80s stuff available from K-mart did.

Didn't you ever buy any of that crap to dress up your car in high school Kurt?
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:43 pm

Woodsman wrote:
Kurt wrote:Image

Interesting. It looks like an old pimped out Lincoln Continental to me. Some of those old ones had retractable headlights if I recall correctly. The fog lights and chrome covers probably came from China just like the 80s stuff available from K-mart did.

Didn't you ever buy any of that crap to dress up your car in high school Kurt?

Pretty much called Kurt. Yes, were all guilty of putting chrome on in high school...unfortunately Mexicans don't know when to out live "chrome' phase. And the brothers do the chrome with gold look. You come into my neighborhood with that look and you are looking to get into trouble with the man. It's pathetic.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:44 pm

New Boxster:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/11/2013 ... rformance/

Pretty sharp in my book.

orsche may have just unveiled its new 2012 911 Carrera Cabriolet at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this week, but the German automaker is wasting no time before showing off its next bit of overhauled hotness, the 2013 Boxster. The mid-engine roadster won't make its official debut until the Geneva Motor Show in March, but we've been given some preliminary details ahead of the new Box's primetime unveiling.

Much like the 911, the new Boxster's design is more evolution than revolution, and that's a-okay with us. The redesigned roadster is extremely handsome, and most of us on the Autoblog staff think it's the best-looking Boxster yet. We like the revised headlamps and more svelte running lamp/air intake setup, and the wider stance and longer wheelbase are nicely masked in the new design. The 2013 Boxster's all-aluminum skin also helps the new model shed a few pounds compared to its predecessor, which will not only make it that much more engaging out on the road, but also improve fuel economy.

But really, the Boxster is all about performance, and under the hood behind the seats are two flat-six engines with direct injection, thermal management and start/stop functionality. The base Boxster uses a 2.7-liter flat six, good for 265 horsepower (10 hp more than its predecessor) while the Boxster S is powered by a 3.4-liter six that produces 315 hp (an increase of 5 hp versus the 2012 model). The standard Boxster will run to 60 miles per hour in 5.4 seconds with the seven-speed PDK dual-clutch transmission, while the Boxster S will do the same jaunt in just 4.7 seconds. A six-speed manual gearbox (what, no seven-speed?) is also available with either engine. Porsche will offer a Sport Chrono package that further enhances performance, adding things like dynamic transmission mounts and Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV).

Look for the 2013 Boxster to hit United States showrooms this summer, priced from $49,500 for the base car or $60,900 for the Boxster S (not including $950 for destination). Now, about that Cayman...

Show full PR text
News Source: Porsche
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby ktrout » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:40 am

HockeyGuy wrote:Pretty much called Kurt. Yes, were all guilty of putting chrome on in high school...unfortunately Mexicans don't know when to out live "chrome' phase. And the brothers do the chrome with gold look. You come into my neighborhood with that look and you are looking to get into trouble with the man. It's pathetic.

Oh, but you haven't seen a pimped out Lada Riva. Those Rooskeez can put the G in Gino.
I want one of these BMW X5s with the LeMans V12.
ktrout
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:59 am

ktrout wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:Pretty much called Kurt. Yes, were all guilty of putting chrome on in high school...unfortunately Mexicans don't know when to out live "chrome' phase. And the brothers do the chrome with gold look. You come into my neighborhood with that look and you are looking to get into trouble with the man. It's pathetic.

Oh, but you haven't seen a pimped out Lada Riva. Those Rooskeez can put the G in Gino.
I want one of these BMW X5s with the LeMans V12.

That's bad ass!
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:23 pm

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:43 pm

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby diamondcutter13 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:10 pm

HockeyGuy wrote:http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/27/blaser-outfits-special-edition-land-rover-defender-for-hunting/

Now this is cool, like the Overfinch Holland and Holland but with a proper truck.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/26/holland-and-holland-range-rover-by-overfinch-gun-and-booze-haulin/

Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby HockeyGuy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:39 pm

diamondcutter13 wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/27/blaser-outfits-special-edition-land-rover-defender-for-hunting/

Now this is cool, like the Overfinch Holland and Holland but with a proper truck.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/26/holland-and-holland-range-rover-by-overfinch-gun-and-booze-haulin/

Why stop there? How about a turret? ...Polished, of course.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus

Postby diamondcutter13 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:08 pm

HockeyGuy wrote:

Why stop there? How about a turret? ...Polished, of course.[/quote]

Like this? A little unfair for grouse and deer but sure.

http://jalopnik.com/5134488/presidential-gatling-gun+equipped-suburban-badder-than-new-cadillac-limo
Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!