Cars?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Cars?

Postby HockeyGuy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:11 pm

diamondcutter13 wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:

Why stop there? How about a turret? ...Polished, of course.


Like this? A little unfair for grouse and deer but sure.

http://jalopnik.com/5134488/presidential-gatling-gun+equipped-suburban-badder-than-new-cadillac-limo[/quote]
That's pretty bad ass...

I like the sound of that thing...Is there a place to hear different machine gun sounds? Something deeper than the above.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 am

Back onto happy talk, let's talk about beer and lots of horsepower Motor Trend Great American Beer Run. I'm more into fresh Margs. I can't waste ripe citrus, you know.
Interesting that they only got 14mpg. My 2008 Corvette will almost get that at a buck thirty and 30mpg driven gently at 65mph.
Kurt, if you get back out this way or get your new gig in LA, be sure to sample the coast between San Francisco and Eureka. It's one of this country's amazing places. Plus Sausalito is a lovely little town. My favorite place is the No Name bar which has live New Orleans Jazz some nights.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
User avatar
ktrout
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:12 am
Location: USDA Climate zone 9b

Re: Cars?

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:02 pm

ktrout wrote:Back onto happy talk, let's talk about beer and lots of horsepower Motor Trend Great American Beer Run. I'm more into fresh Margs. I can't waste ripe citrus, you know.
Interesting that they only got 14mpg. My 2008 Corvette will almost get that at a buck thirty and 30mpg driven gently at 65mph.
Kurt, if you get back out this way or get your new gig in LA, be sure to sample the coast between San Francisco and Eureka. It's one of this country's amazing places. Plus Sausalito is a lovely little town. My favorite place is the No Name bar which has live New Orleans Jazz some nights.


I used to have to drive PCH1 out to Marin County in a 35' truck and it was one of those "I should have worn a diaper" roads for a 35' truck, so seeing it in a normal sized car would be nice.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 19932
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: Cars?

Postby HockeyGuy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:16 pm

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:43 am


I couldn't tell sometimes which was her screaming/squeeling and which was the drivetrain.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
User avatar
ktrout
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:12 am
Location: USDA Climate zone 9b

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:23 pm

I was just reading on LSx TV about 996 LS swaps. Grassroots Motorsports also just had an article on this. Really, really tempting. I'm starting to like the Richard Hammond. He did an interview in Car and Driver where he talks about his preference for Porsches over Ferraris. The Porsche has a job to do and does it. I also like what he said about being able to drive the car rather than just sit in a pub and talk about it.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
User avatar
ktrout
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:12 am
Location: USDA Climate zone 9b

Re: Cars?

Postby gnaruki » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:24 am

Kurt wrote:
I used to have to drive PCH1 out to Marin County in a 35' truck and it was one of those "I should have worn a diaper" roads for a 35' truck, so seeing it in a normal sized car would be nice.


Did you only drive straight trucks? I remember reading something about an eaton 13 speed.......
User avatar
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 1809
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Cars?

Postby HockeyGuy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:59 am

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Cars?

Postby Kurt » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:01 am

gnaruki wrote:
Kurt wrote:
I used to have to drive PCH1 out to Marin County in a 35' truck and it was one of those "I should have worn a diaper" roads for a 35' truck, so seeing it in a normal sized car would be nice.


Did you only drive straight trucks? I remember reading something about an eaton 13 speed.......


I did. It had an Eaton Fuller 10 speed, and a Cummins 110 turbo diesel. and mechanically it was great but it was about the most uncomfortable thing to sit in for long periods of time because the arm rests seemed to be made to cut off circulation to your arms.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 19932
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: Cars?

Postby HockeyGuy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:23 pm

THIS is one of the coolest things I've seen...Bar none.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=1_ ... &vq=medium
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:46 pm

HockeyGuy wrote:THIS is one of the coolest things I've seen...Bar none.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=1_ ... &vq=medium

I love the crackle out of the pipes from the '60s/'70s car.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
User avatar
ktrout
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:12 am
Location: USDA Climate zone 9b

Re: Cars?

Postby HockeyGuy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:41 am

For sure.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Cars?

Postby HockeyGuy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:28 am

HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:45 am

HockeyGuy wrote:Here's one for you Ktrout:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dkys6cs ... _embedded#!

Das ist kault!
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
User avatar
ktrout
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:12 am
Location: USDA Climate zone 9b

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:56 am

Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
User avatar
ktrout
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:12 am
Location: USDA Climate zone 9b

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest