Cars?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:07 am

Nissan Juke R. GT-R powered crossover. At two tons, I'd rather have a GT-R, though.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
User avatar
ktrout
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:12 am
Location: USDA Climate zone 9b

Re: Cars?

Postby HockeyGuy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:43 am

A classy way to give back to people in need:
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/29/your ... ment-in-s/
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:56 am

Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
User avatar
ktrout
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:12 am
Location: USDA Climate zone 9b

Re: Cars?

Postby HockeyGuy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:26 am


That's OFF THE HOOK!!!!
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:05 am

HockeyGuy wrote:

That's OFF THE HOOK!!!!

Yeah, it's fucking beautiful!
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
User avatar
ktrout
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:12 am
Location: USDA Climate zone 9b

Re: Cars?

Postby Kurt » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Amazing.

I liked the comment below where a guy wanted to do that mod to a Chevette and I think that would be perfect to take a crapmobile like a chevette and make it interesting and more powerful.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 19954
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: Cars?

Postby HockeyGuy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:25 am

HockeyGuy wrote:Bullitt car chase sequence in grand finale for Alcatraz:
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/12/alca ... for-seaso/

http://www.fox.com/alcatraz/

They have the same streets, similar shots, the green VW bug, but using a woman to replace Steve McQueen is fucken unholy. And it's shortened. Pfft.
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:31 am

Completely OT, but I've been catching Alcatraz on Hulu, but find Grimm more enjoyable.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
User avatar
ktrout
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:12 am
Location: USDA Climate zone 9b

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 am

HockeyGuy wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:Bullitt car chase sequence in grand finale for Alcatraz:
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/12/alca ... for-seaso/

http://www.fox.com/alcatraz/

They have the same streets, similar shots, the green VW bug, but using a woman to replace Steve McQueen is fucken unholy. And it's shortened. Pfft.

Male chauvinist pig! Just watched it. I love that they did it with the new Mustang which I think is super bitchen (uber bitchen? bitchen-cosamente?). I still hate the Charger. The big smokey burnouts were cool too. So, yeah, cut them some slack. It's a weekly show :).
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
User avatar
ktrout
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:12 am
Location: USDA Climate zone 9b

Re: Cars?

Postby HockeyGuy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:04 am

ktrout wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:
HockeyGuy wrote:Bullitt car chase sequence in grand finale for Alcatraz:
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/12/alca ... for-seaso/

http://www.fox.com/alcatraz/

They have the same streets, similar shots, the green VW bug, but using a woman to replace Steve McQueen is fucken unholy. And it's shortened. Pfft.

Male chauvinist pig! Just watched it. I love that they did it with the new Mustang which I think is super bitchen (uber bitchen? bitchen-cosamente?). I still hate the Charger. The big smokey burnouts were cool too. So, yeah, cut them some slack. It's a weekly show :).

Thank god there are still some of us out there...

I didn't like the fact that the Charger driver was scared...Too many burnouts. Change the gears in the rear end? ...Not sure it would've helped as it is a stick with a 412hp. And the shooter missed the wheel hop.I can appreciate what Abrams was trying to do...but I feel it missed the mark. Something that Iconic should've have been more, but like you said it's a weekly show and probably didn't have the budget. When I spoke to Loren he said it was 6-7 weeks when they did the original, obviously with the whole scene.
I had the same Mustang for a shoot two weeks ago...there was no tread left when it went back to the rental place. Fun car, bad brakes...not as raw as I would've liked. However, coilovers and then cross balanced with some Brembo's and I think you are good to go!
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 am

It took an Australian in an American car to hit 200 on the 'bahn:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2c5CTvvGyc[/youtube]
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
User avatar
ktrout
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:12 am
Location: USDA Climate zone 9b

Re: Cars?

Postby HockeyGuy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Behind the scenes for Alcatraz...my buddy edited it.
http://www.fox.com/alcatraz/ford/?srcCo ... er=fox.com
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Cars?

Postby ktrout » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:18 pm

HockeyGuy wrote:Behind the scenes for Alcatraz...my buddy edited it.
http://www.fox.com/alcatraz/ford/?srcCo ... er=fox.com

Cool. I was just thinking I don't like the wheels they used on the Mustang.
Be nice to me. I'm a rug muncher.
User avatar
ktrout
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:12 am
Location: USDA Climate zone 9b

Re: Cars?

Postby gnaruki » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:01 pm

That motor is fucking awesome. Especially with a 6 speed and quattro.

Image
User avatar
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 1809
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Cars?

Postby HockeyGuy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:47 pm

gnaruki wrote:That motor is fucking awesome. Especially with a 6 speed and quattro.

Image

That engine was on Wards Top ten engines for a few years.

THIS is an engine. Same family...
http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... &p=2089161
HockeyGuy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:33 am

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron