RACS chassis, forget about it, CADEX come on down

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

RACS chassis, forget about it, CADEX come on down

Postby Hunter » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:58 am

Although there may not be many here on BFC, I certainly know of many peoples who are keen as mustard to get their trigger happy fingers all over a RACS (Remington Arms Chassis System) to stick their Rem 700 series in. Remington have been bragging about their chassis and showing it off for quite a while now with many displays at shot shows and their sale reps running around telling people 'it'll be ready for sale by 2010'. It is now 2012 and still no sign. I have emailed Remington a couple of times over last 2 years and gotten brief emails back simply stating 'No release date yet' (fair enough though i'm sure they're busy). However NOW Cadex Systems has very similar chassis and unlike Remingtons, it's actually ready for sale. The Cadex Strike Chassis System comes in long or short action for Rem 700's to fit in BUT comes with a price tag of about US$2,500.

Is the RACS style chassis or CADEX Strike chassis neccessary to have for such a high price ? Probably not, the chassis is important but like we all know a lot more makes the projectile hit the target (We can't forget who is pulling the trigger aswell). BUT it's a pretty nice looking peice of hardware.

I've ordered my Cadex Strike 33 Chassis long action and am gonna stick a Rem 700 .300 WSM in it. Once I have recieved it all and put it together I'll post some pics up.

I have a crap looking car. Crap clothes. Crap facial hair and crap crap. So i may as well have a nice looking rifle.
Hunter

Re: RACS chassis, forget about it, CADEX come on down

Postby Hunter » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Below is the not for sale (yet) Remington Arms Chassis System

And this below is the Cadex Strike 33 Chassis

Hunter

Re: RACS chassis, forget about it, CADEX come on down

Postby diamondcutter13 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:29 pm

I think its great that CADEX, a Canadian company has gotten the jump on Remington but at that price point I am not interested. I'd rather spend the money on a stock PGW coyote or buy an Accuracy International Chassis System and spend the difference on accessories or custom work. I have a Remmy in .300 Win Mag that needs an upgrade too. If you have the coin, its an incredible looking system.

A nice alternative too is the small Canadian company MDT Tac with their TAC21 which unfortunately only comes in a short action version currently but at only $850 CAD leaves you considerable savings. The AR platform accessory compatibility is cool too in that it opens up a huge range of options for stocks etc.

http://www.mdttac.com/products.html

These three Canadian businesses (PGW, MDT, and CADEX) may not be well known south of the border but their products are top notch.
Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!