Able to Purchase H.E.S.T. II Scales Separately?

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Able to Purchase H.E.S.T. II Scales Separately?

Postby Isaeus » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:23 pm

Greetings:

Rookie here with an original ESEE-made HEST that's excellent and a HEST II Woodsman on the way. Will it be possible to buy the black G10 scales for it? I had thought that would be a good combination and then just yesterday read a very positive review by someone who's got both the Assault and the Woodsman, and a couple of the pictures he posted showed the Woodsman with the Assault scales he put on it. Looked fantastic, although I can't buy both knives like he did.

Any information would be great.

Thanks!
Isaeus
Isaeus
mach

Re: Able to Purchase H.E.S.T. II Scales Separately?

Postby RYP » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:31 pm

That's a great idea. We will be making a nekkid stonewashed blade with G10 and vice versa is pretty sexy too. We haven't ordered any extra scales but we will get some in.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby diamondcutter13 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Robert, can I request you look at doing the same for the HEFTs? I would love to put black scales on the stonewashed blade.
Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby pilpte » Tue May 22, 2012 1:52 pm

yes, it would be great if there were other colors of scales available; of course black, but i'd purchase a tan, yellow or orange if it were available too.

...and i have the HEST 1 and 2 folders. never had any issues with 1.0 either, and i use it more than my strider smf. HEST 2 was obtained as a backup; who knows if it will ever be needed...
pilpte

Postby DarthChicken » Thu May 24, 2012 10:30 pm

As long as we're making requests... I recently got my left hand 2.0 folder... love it. How about a stone washed titanium scale - have the finish match the locking side. Slippery.. maybe...
DarthChicken

Postby skinz0021 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:45 pm

you guys might check out kryptoglow. they are offering some scales in various colors. they will even make them for your knife if it isnt a model they currently produce, but you have to send them your knife.
RYP-
working this thread harder than a two dollar hooker on shore leave is not going to speed up the delivery
skinz0021

Postby RYP » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Just a note of warning to after market hot rodders. :)

The DPx HEST 2.0 does not have '"scales" . The G10 (along with the Titanium alloy side) is the "frame". So if you are buying half of an after market frame we can't help you on warranty. Each knife is hand adjusted and inspected and I don't know what specs or material is being used by others. It may be a great product or it may be shit. I don't know. All I know is DPx Gear doesn't make it or sell it.

Our US made MIL-1-24768/27, Type GEE-F G10 is sourced according to specs and machined according to our specs and then checked again after assembly. That's why we warranty our blades for life.
RYP

Postby pilpte » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:23 pm

...which is why i will only get one from DPX if they make some, if at all...
pilpte

Postby plastiqueone » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:58 pm

I have been trying to get G-10 scales with Mr.DP logo for my DPx HEST for one and a half years now.
Keep getting reply - factory not done yet.
Can anyone out there help???

Please email me: PlastiqueOne@aol.com
plastiqueone

Postby RYP » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:41 pm

not available. HEST II scales don't fit on the old HEST Original. I am sure someone can make a pair for you.
RYP

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!