HEST Folder v.1

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

HEST Folder v.1

Postby EdPDX » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:17 am

I have been living with my Folder since April last year. I dig it. Everyone does. every few draws from my pocket has the blade out about 2 inches. I am used to it now so I try to be careful. At times, like when I'm up a ladder, and my mind is on overload, I pull it out without realizing that the blade is caught and I feel the tip against my leg through the pocket. I've pricked my leg a couple of times; but the first time I did it really left a bit of a gash. -Happy to report I didn't bleed out in my driveway.

I know this was a concern in the reviews when we were all awaiting the balance of these first shipped knives. Now that V.2 is out, is it cool to ask what can be done to fix these blades? I don't want a new one or anything. A replacement blade in my old, somewhat abused, knife would suit me dandy-ly.
EdPDX

Re: HEST Folder v.1

Postby Ultra Swain » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:48 am

clip it to the outside of your pocket.
Geez,am I NOT ALLOWED TO BE INTENSE FOR JUST 10 FUCKING SECONDS??!!!!!!!
Ultra Swain
Snappyus Answerus

Postby nowonmai » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:32 am

I just slashed myself opening a tin of corned beef after a few bevvies, bleeding like a stuck pig from my thumb and forefinger. Lots of blood in the baked beans and on the chips. Luvly.

nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:55 pm

send it in to dpxgear and we will have a look at it and square you away.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby EdPDX » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:45 am

Robert thanks for the offer. I did not realize that the tip was not what was hanging up inside of my pocket. Another poster here mentioned that it was likely the "lip" on the bottle opener. After looking it over I found that was exactly the problem I was having. Easy fix: Move the lip to the other side of the gap and smooth the original down so it will no longer snag on the draw. Result: Bottle opener still works great. No noticeable change in the blade's profile after touching it up with permanent marker. Now the cap is held longer so I don't have to take two or three bites. I'll hang onto the one you sent.
EdPDX

Postby Hitoru » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:36 am

EdPDX wrote:sent dandy-lydandy-lydandy-lydandy-dandy-lydandydandy-lydandy-lydandy-lydandy-lydandy-lydandy-lydandy-lydandy-lydandy-lydandy-ly on my way
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby RYP » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:15 pm

The "beer opener" on the folder is actually a feature that allows you to open the blade. It is the original port holder/thumbguide/opener on the fixed blade. Most people whip their HEST's out with one quick flick. Enjoy
RYP

Postby reap6 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:19 pm

How bout us lefty''s..will we ever get replacement clips..
Deserve has got nothing to do with it.

unforgiven-
reap6

Postby RYP » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:51 pm

heard the lefties will be happy in a few weeks. Finally coming.
RYP

Postby reap6 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:59 pm

THANK YOU. I have recieved one but waiting on a second for my other folder and would def like to order some backups so I have on hand.

Will the Hest F 2 be out for Lefties soon as well. I love the product, just have not been diggin the support for lefties.

BG
Deserve has got nothing to do with it.

unforgiven-
reap6

Postby RYP » Thu May 03, 2012 3:44 am

Lefties are weird. That's why we make them wait and suffer :)) You DO understand that the left hand version of the HEST is a completely reversed HEST 2.0 right?
RYP

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!