P238 Holster

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

P238 Holster

Postby Reflexred » Tue May 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Just picked up a little Sig P238 for my summer CCW (gotta accessorize properly in the heat), it shoots great but i'm not really liking the plastic holster that came with it. I am looking for something IWB but thought you guys might have some suggestions. I was looking at the Bullard holster for it, this one (see link) is tuckable, I have a holster from them for my XD .45 and love it, but thought i would see if any one had any other suggestions. I'm open to nylons/kydex and possibly pocket holsters.

http://store.dmbullardleather.com/catal ... ffe676e4bf

If you're looking for quality leather holsters I highly recommend Bullard, really good stuff, and you'd be supporting Texas. Also not trying to get into a caliber debate here, i like the .380 with my Hornaday critical defense.
Adios Mofo's
Reflexred

Re: P238 Holster

Postby Chimborazo » Wed May 02, 2012 4:02 pm

The tuckable holsters tend to be a bit to think for my liking, but I'm also a pretty small dude so it may not be as much of an issue for many. I carried a Glock 19 in a Galco Royal Guard for years and was pretty happy with it, although I still prefer an OWB pancake for comfort (love the Galco Concealable).

EDIT: Well damn, I just checked Galco's site and there aren't a whole lot of options for the P238. It looks like DeSantis may have some options for you, and you should probably take a look at Kramer Leather too. As for kydex IWB holsters, I have zero experience with them. I've only used paddle kydex holsters for competition and never really had an interest in carrying with one of mine. However, I would definitely consider a Comp-Tac IWB kydex.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Re: P238 Holster

Postby JITW » Thu May 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Just Google "custom kydex holsters" and you will find a ton of folks that will make you one

I would go with a belly band holster, holds your Toast, Mags and you can wear it with a t-shirt - a great choice for packing a small pistol

~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!