Question For the AK Experts Here - The Krinkov

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Question For the AK Experts Here - The Krinkov

Postby Gozzo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:57 am

Total NOOB question here, is there a lot of difference internally, between an AK and an SKS?. I have noticed most are quite critical of AK's, and probably rightly so, but many years ago when Australia was a relativly free country I owned both an SKS and an SKK. and actualy found its accuracy wasnt that bad. I mean it was no Parker & Hale but didn't seem to be as wildly innaccurate as some say. Thanks in advance.
Gozzo
Gun Control is Hitting What You Aim At
Gozzo
mach

Postby JOHN O » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:22 pm

The AK and SKS are totally different weapons. Most peoples opinions on AK accuracy is based on western shooting standards. The AK was never meant to be a 1 moa rifle but it is much more accurate than most give it credit for. With good ammo and quality time with the AK, pinging a man size dinger at 500 yards is no problem.
Staff Member,www.theakforum.net ~ retired
JOHN O
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:00 pm

The only thing normally common is the M1943 round.
Wikipedia is your friend.

So your SKK was select fire ?, meaning it was capable of both semi and fully automatic fire. It also took AK magazines ?
The SKS that were imported to the states that took AK mags are D & M models and I'm pretty sure few if any were select fire. A fullauto SKS that was legally imported would be worth ten or more times than the standard Chinese SKS.

Were you compensated for your firearms when the destroyed them ?
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby Gozzo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:14 am

" So your SKK was select fire ?, meaning it was capable of both semi and fully automatic fire. It also took AK magazines ?
The SKS that were imported to the states that took AK mags are D & M models and I'm pretty sure few if any were select fire. A fullauto SKS that was legally imported would be worth ten or more times than the standard Chinese SKS.

Were you compensated for your firearms when the destroyed them ? "
I believe there was something that involved cutting a groove in the stock, where one could then flick a switch,with a screwdriver, and it was supposed to fire 3 round bursts. But I wasn't aware of that till it left my possesion. So I cant attest to the truth of that. They did pay compensation to those that handed their guns over, I sold all mine just prior to the laws coming into effect.
Gozzo
Gun Control is Hitting What You Aim At
Gozzo
mach

Postby JITW » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:46 am

Gozzo wrote:Total NOOB question here, is there a lot of difference internally, between an AK and an SKS?. I have noticed most are quite critical of AK's, and probably rightly so, but many years ago when Australia was a relativly free country I owned both an SKS and an SKK. and actualy found its accuracy wasnt that bad. I mean it was no Parker & Hale but didn't seem to be as wildly innaccurate as some say. Thanks in advance.
Gozzo

You can also drop a duce on one, leave it in a conex for a year, load it with shit Russian ammo, then dump some motor oil in it and it will fire for a year

~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!