My rifle is finally built (7mm RM, Cadex chassis)

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: My rifle is finally built (7mm RM, Cadex chassis)

Postby Hunter » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:17 am

I presumed it would be Army related, that's mainly what Pucka's known for.
Hunter

Postby diamondcutter13 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:52 am

Hunter wrote:I presumed it would be Army related, that's mainly what Pucka's known for.

Excellent wine country down there. We hit a few places and then ended up getting (more) blasto in this place:
http://www.tooborachotel.com.au/

A great brew pub in the middle of butt-fudge-nowhere that had their brewing tanks set up in the original barn complete with gun slits in the walls. cool digs.
Tacuero ceruisa, vigilate hoc
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hunter » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:19 am

Intersting looking place, i'll make a note of it for when I'm back there. I may have actually heard of it, it rings a bell. My Dad's probably talked about it before
Hunter

Postby JITW » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:05 am

I dropped my first deer with a 7mm, nice rifle bro

~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hunter » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:47 am

Diamondcutter did you end up buying a Cadex chassis for your .300? CADEX have dropped their prices significantly
Hunter

Postby diamondcutter13 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Hunter wrote:Diamondcutter did you end up buying a Cadex chassis for your .300? CADEX have dropped their prices significantly

Not yet, still have to fund new glass for my .270 and a .308. My .300 stock is still functional so priority to replace is bumped down a bit. As well, I've moved provinces to an area with considerably less crown land and long range hunting than the Prairies and foothills of Alberta so any short range rifle is good for my hunting needs now. If I do scrape the coin together I'll be using it for some long range competitions if I can.

I see from watching some of the SHOT 14 youtubes out there that CADEX have come out with a few more versions of the chassis and dropped the prices considerably on the stripped down models. I like the Field Strike model myself but the folder is nice too, just not sure if the extra cost is worth it for what I want to use it for.

Still looking at this too because its also a small Canadian manufacturer and it has the same AR accessory compatibility. I know a few of my friends have been trying these out and I have been waiting for some feedback on them. They now have models for both the long and short action too.
http://youtu.be/LDJcmms3ILU
http://mdttac.com/
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hunter » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:38 am

TAC21 is pretty popular in Australia as it complies with our overly strict 'punish the law abiding gun owners' law. Although I have never used or seen one I have read many (10-20) positive reviews of the TAC21 chassis system.

CADEX have brought out some lighter versions of the chassis which I would pay for at a drop of a hat if someone in Australia was actually importing them in. I imported the CADEX STRIKE chassis in already and will not do it again as it cost me a fortune in tax and shipping fees. It was additional $1,000 on top of the Chassis. Too costly
Hunter

Postby diamondcutter13 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Hunter wrote:TAC21 is pretty popular in Australia as it complies with our overly strict 'punish the law abiding gun owners' law. Although I have never used or seen one I have read many (10-20) positive reviews of the TAC21 chassis system.

CADEX have brought out some lighter versions of the chassis which I would pay for at a drop of a hat if someone in Australia was actually importing them in. I imported the CADEX STRIKE chassis in already and will not do it again as it cost me a fortune in tax and shipping fees. It was additional $1,000 on top of the Chassis. Too costly

$1k extra in tax etc? That is ugly. I could get a field strike here for $1107. + tax and that includes the Magpul PRS stock which is just under $300 itself. That's manageable.
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hunter » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:25 am

diamondcutter13 wrote:
$1k extra in tax etc? That is ugly. I could get a field strike here for $1107. + tax and that includes the Magpul PRS stock which is just under $300 itself. That's manageable.

Yeah don't rub it in. What we pay over here for anything firearm related is insane. And cigars.

For example I paid $300 for a box of 20 Cigars here. I looked on the net and saw the box for $40 in US of the A
Hunter

Postby I308 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:30 am

Chassis was $2,500. Australian Custom fees was about $300. Freight was $300 and my government taxed me $400 for it. So I paid about $3,500 just for the chassis. Very expensive even though the initial charge by Cadex was $2,500

G'day Hunter, really interested in buying a Cadex Chassis myself, and of course being here in the NT no one sells it. Just wanted to ask if you had it imported from Cadex Directly?

Cheers mate.
I308
mach

Postby diamondcutter13 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:47 am

New gun pRon from Cadex and endorsed by a friend's marksmanship school. It appears he's switching over from the solid PGW's coyote to the new Cadex guns so they should be worth a look:
http://www.cadexdefence.com/
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:00 am

$7800 plus for just the stock. With the cost of optics and action your looking at a pretty expensive rifle.
I bet I could build an M40 with a US. Optics and shoot the same groups for less money than the Cadex package.
But it wouldn't be as tacti-cool.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

Postby coldharvest » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:14 pm

Hitoru wrote:But it wouldn't be as tacti-cool.

True but saving thousands of dollars will always be sexy.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby diamondcutter13 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Price displayed is for the rifle complete with action, the chassis alone you can get for much less. Nothing wrong with a M40 either but I think few people buying these will be going just with a 7.62. These fill a niche for the military between a short range system and the big LRSWs.

More money than I'd ever spend on a rifle but nice to look at.
diamondcutter13
BFCus Regularus

Postby Hitoru » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:02 pm

I would agree with you.
I've shot my buddy's AI .338. Pretty amazing how far you can reach out and touch.
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
Hitoru
Arbol Basura

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!