Idea: HEST airplane travel

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Idea: HEST airplane travel

Postby Kurt » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:33 pm

Now that the TSA will allow blades of less than 6cm onboard (2.36 inches) it might be time for a HEST airline tool. I would actually make the blade less than 6cm and in fact less than 2 inches because I would never trust a TSA employee to actually be able to convert cm to inches in their head so a blade of 2.2 inches might still end up in the bin. Maybe like 1.75 inches or something with 1.75 inches stamped on the blade itself.

For Special editions you can have one of 19 9/11 hijackers faces acid etched into each blade so as to encourage collectors. I am certain this is an idea that would lead to much free publicity.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Idea: HEST airplane travel

Postby RYP » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:34 pm

RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby JITW » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:14 pm

I think the HEST (and most other knives) is too thick to be considered within this new standard for carrying knives on-board

~JITW
DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE
The Magazine for Professional Adventurers and Interesting People
http://www.deathvalleymag.com
JITW
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Tue May 21, 2013 1:35 am

Yep and most countries have wacky and confusing laws about knives when you transfer.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Ronbo » Tue May 21, 2013 12:07 pm

RYP wrote:Yep and most countries have wacky and confusing laws about knives when you transfer.

I remember back in the late 1960s a significant number of airline passengers on any given flight were packing heat.

I know I was - being a soldier in good standing with the U.S. Army - the only requirement was to tell the flight crew you were "locked and cocked" and the stew would smile and say something like, "I feel safe on this flight, soldier boy."

Of course, we never had a hijacking in those days, especially when G.I.s in uniform were on a flight, which was quite common, as the potential hijackers knew some of us soldiers "carried" and knew how to use our guns.

In fact, the great wave of hijackings in 1970s started after the DOD stopped military personnel from carrying weapons on flights.

Gun free zones never work!
Ronbo
Master of Sock Puppets

Postby coldharvest » Tue May 21, 2013 12:12 pm

I've had several discussions with my more left leaning peers that revolve around
the point that it doesn't matter if five of them want no guns because the sixth person with a pistol
will be the one who decides.
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby nowonmai » Tue May 21, 2013 9:33 pm

coldharvest wrote:I've had several discussions with my more left leaning peers that revolve around
the point that it doesn't matter if five of them want no guns because the sixth person with a pistol
will be the one who decides.

and the seventh guy with a rifle will finish the sixth but the patient, back shooting 8th person with a shotgun will finish the seventh but the guy who will inherit all of it will be the one who has people do it for him.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby coldharvest » Tue May 21, 2013 10:17 pm

exactly
I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.
coldharvest
Abdul Rahman

Postby AztecDave » Wed May 29, 2013 5:57 pm

Ronbo wrote:
RYP wrote:Yep and most countries have wacky and confusing laws about knives when you transfer.

I remember back in the late 1960s a significant number of airline passengers on any given flight were packing heat.

I know I was - being a soldier in good standing with the U.S. Army - the only requirement was to tell the flight crew you were "locked and cocked" and the stew would smile and say something like, "I feel safe on this flight, soldier boy."

Of course, we never had a hijacking in those days, especially when G.I.s in uniform were on a flight, which was quite common, as the potential hijackers knew some of us soldiers "carried" and knew how to use our guns.

In fact, the great wave of hijackings in 1970s started after the DOD stopped military personnel from carrying weapons on flights.

Gun free zones never work!

yeah...especially airplanes at 40,000 feet.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:04 am

A friend picked me up a few of them at Blade, kind of cool. The wife said they would be great for slitting her wrist in the bath.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Idea HEST airplane travel

Postby russlits » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Any idea on who Sten mk 2 manufacturer S&S is please and is it wartime?

Thank you
russlits

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!