Motorcycles.

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby gnaruki » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:32 pm

Q wrote:Just picked up a 1975 BMW R 75/6. Going to turn it into a cafe.


Awesome. Have you considered an old airhead, rickshaw? They go forever.

Image

Image

But if a Harley is your thing, do it.
User avatar
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby nowonmai » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:03 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:All the Jap bikes look plastic and gay. What about Triumph's?


They are most excellent. Obviously. Bonneville is the only choice.

Got to Biketrader and salivate over the current selection.
User avatar
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 11542
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:52 pm

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:38 pm

nowonmai wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:All the Jap bikes look plastic and gay. What about Triumph's?


They are most excellent. Obviously. Bonneville is the only choice.

Got to Biketrader and salivate over the current selection.





I went to the dealership instead. Bitchin bikes from just over £6000.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
User avatar
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard
 
Posts: 8964
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:28 am
Location: Airport Inn trailer park

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby marie-angelique » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:26 pm

don't buy your first bike new. you can't really know what sort of bike you will eventually want until you have a few thousand miles under your belt. if you buy used, you can sell it for near what you paid for.
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
User avatar
marie-angelique
Coonass
 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:24 am
Location: over the rainbow

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby nowonmai » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:46 pm

Don't be daft, Rickshaw won't actually buy a bike, he just wants to talk about it.
User avatar
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 11542
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:52 pm

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:15 pm

nowonmai wrote:Don't be daft, Rickshaw won't actually buy a bike, he just wants to talk about it.



The Fonz of rickshawin is gettin a bike. It may take a couple of years as I have yet to get a car license much less a bike one. Plus I got a couple more trips to take. Make no mistake, me auld son, rickshaw ninety fuckin two is gettin a fuckin motorcycle.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
User avatar
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard
 
Posts: 8964
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:28 am
Location: Airport Inn trailer park

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby Woodsman » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:37 am

M-A has great advice. I have over 100,000 miles on motorcycles easy. My current ride has over 40k on it & 7 years old. Starts up first push of the button in spring after stored for 5 months & runs like a friggin' champ. I don't know a more versatile motorcycle than the V strom 650.

BMW makes a really nice 800 adv. bike now though.

There are some cool triumphs out there. I know another guy here who has a bonneville. Personally, I think their 675cc triple motor is completely bad ass. They are still missing the boat though because they need a lightweight miniature version of the tiger.

Inline motors are easier to access for valve adjustments. Plastic is a nuisance, but it does help cut through the wind.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
User avatar
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 7427
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: Enchanted forests

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby Woodsman » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:53 am

By the way, my bike is ugly, the plastic is a pain in the ass for some maintenance stuff, and it sounds like a lawn mower riding down the road, but it's great on all roads (not bad off road, but a tad heavy on top), very quick, great 2 up, can carry a ton of stuff even with a passenger, almost nothing for maintenance & ultra dependable.

The reliability factor is huge. Bikes that break down often suck donkey balls. Being stranded builds character, but it's still a pain in the ass. Research bikes like crazy before you buy one. I've owned 4 total. 3 left me stranded at one time or another. If you can find a book about adventure motorcycling, get it. Read it. Definitely worth reading before you buy one.
Life is short. Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
User avatar
Woodsman
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 7427
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: Enchanted forests

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby nowonmai » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:59 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:
nowonmai wrote:Don't be daft, Rickshaw won't actually buy a bike, he just wants to talk about it.



The Fonz of rickshawin is gettin a bike. It may take a couple of years as I have yet to get a car license much less a bike one. Plus I got a couple more trips to take. Make no mistake, me auld son, rickshaw ninety fuckin two is gettin a fuckin motorcycle.


Glad to hear it. Just testing.

Woodsman wrote:M-A has great advice. I have over 100,000 miles on motorcycles easy. My current ride has over 40k on it & 7 years old. Starts up first push of the button in spring after stored for 5 months & runs like a friggin' champ. I don't know a more versatile motorcycle than the V strom 650.

BMW makes a really nice 800 adv. bike now though.

There are some cool triumphs out there. I know another guy here who has a bonneville. Personally, I think their 675cc triple motor is completely bad ass. They are still missing the boat though because they need a lightweight miniature version of the tiger.

Inline motors are easier to access for valve adjustments. Plastic is a nuisance, but it does help cut through the wind.


All excellent advice but we all have to have at least 2 completely unsuitable bikes before we realise that looking cool is often inversely proportional to performance and reliability.
User avatar
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 11542
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:52 pm

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby Aryan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:05 pm

I'd love to have a bike but when I look at the price of a decent second hand one you'd get a much better deal on a car. Plus they're stolen so much in Manchester they're practically a second currency.
The battlefield is the only proper school of the surgeon
-Hippocrates
User avatar
Aryan
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby RYP » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:52 am

i luffs the motos..... you can't go wrong with a Beemer of any vintage. And take a racing class
User avatar
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus
 
Posts: 27725
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:42 am

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby bearanddragon » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:42 am

i have a kawasaki ninja. i'm having a blast riding backwoods in kentucky right now!
You paying attention? I'm talking... G5, Pecker! That's how you can roll. No more frequent flyer bitch miles for my boy! Oh yeah! Playa... playa! Big dick playa!
User avatar
bearanddragon
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:45 pm

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby marie-angelique » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:11 pm

nowonmai wrote:All excellent advice but we all have to have at least 2 completely unsuitable bikes before we realise that looking cool is often inversely proportional to performance and reliability.


Haha, so true.
Agreed on the track racing school. Also take dirt riding school.

What part of Kentucky, Mr Bear?
"Give me control of your TV and I could have you sticking bullets in the backs of peoples heads within a month." nowonmai

"anything you say sounds dirty to me."
User avatar
marie-angelique
Coonass
 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:24 am
Location: over the rainbow

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby Hitoru » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:46 pm

I'm looking to buy one of these:
Honda CBR 1000 RR

Image
What are you? Some short sighted trigger puller? - RR3 .
Mr.wRong.
User avatar
Hitoru
Arbol Basura
 
Posts: 3549
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Tejas

Re: Motorcycles.

Postby AztecDave » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:04 pm

never had a bike but if I did I go for something a little esoteric. whatever the hell that would be.
The real Army, composed entirely of young enthusiasts in camouflage uniforms, from whom impossible efforts would be demanded and to whom all sorts of tricks would be taught. That's the army in which I should like to fight.”
― Jean Lartéguy
User avatar
AztecDave
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:26 pm
Location: right behind you

PreviousNext

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 3 guests

cron