liberty gun

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

liberty gun

Postby khalampre » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:23 pm

I have been trying to find info about a pistol that the USA produced during WWII. It was called the liberty pistol. It was very small, and is the only gun in history that took less time to make than to load. I saw a thing about it on the history channel a year or two back, but cant find anything there. From what I remember GM produced the things, and they could make one every 7 sec. We used them to drop over France so that the French resistance could use them. The whole idea behind them was that you would sneek up on a German, shoot him in the head, then take his gun. If I am right we dropped thousands of these things all over France. I want to buy/find one for my WWII gun collection.

Thanks for any help,

Chris
khalampre
BFCus Regularus

Postby oldawg » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:20 am

Actually it was called "The Liberator" - You basically have the info correct - At least the little bit I know about it.

It is a much sought after collectors item, with a value in excess of $1000 for one in good shape - More valuable if it still has original accessories, such as .45 cal shells, wooden dowel used as ejector, pictoral instructions, and box.

Hope this helped..........
oldawg

Re: liberty gun

Postby Firemutt54 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:21 am

Gunbroker.com You can find one for about $2500
Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts...
Firemutt54

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!