DPX Urban

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

DPX Urban

Postby missiontripper » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:26 am

How owns a DPX Urban? I'm thinking about getting one. Thoughts: good, bad, ugly?
missiontripper

Re: DPX Urban

Postby rickshaw92 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:23 pm

Gonna slash your wrists mach?
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Darcy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:00 am

Almost pulled the trigger on one and when I went to buy, low and behold, sold out. I found a DPX HEST/F Shred in Canada on sale and went with that instead (got a HEAT Shred and it's cool), leaving my original HEST/F in Trinidad as I'll be back and forth with just a carry on from here on in. I have an Emerson CQC-7 (saw your earlier post) and carried it for years from Baku to Benin, but big handle for a small blade and a big lump in the pocket. Quite a capable blade but I far prefer the DPX, and the bottle opener gets a ton of use.
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Talon57 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:47 pm

Just ordered the urban/mil spec and an olive 2.0, will report back on my opinions, I own lots of knives, especially spyderco
Talon57

Postby Mr.PocketsOfSteel » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:14 pm

I own the original HEST folder and the T3. But the main knife with DPx that started it all, with the way he wrote the story was the original HEST fixed blade. He had me hooked on that specific piece just from his writing.. I have yet to be able to get one. But that'll hopefully be my next piece. I wouldn't even care what color.

Like the other poster mentioned I carried an Emerson Super7 and the CQC7-bw. But those were actually toys compared to what DPx and RYP has pulled off. I don't feel safe with an Emerson in my pocket......lockup etc.etc. Just my opinion of course.
Mr.PocketsOfSteel

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!