Landmine clearance question

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Landmine clearance question

Postby Gary » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:08 pm

Does anyone happen to know which countries devote the most resources (I'm mainly talking about uxo clearance teams, but I'm curious about financial resources too) to international de-mining projects?

I think Australia is a big one?
Gary

Postby yorick » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:45 pm

What about Scandinavian countries, Sweden in particular?

I seem to remember alot of kronor going into post war Afghanistan, cleaning up cluster bombs and the like.

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby Gary » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:52 pm

Yea, thanks, that actually sounds familiar now that you mention it.
Gary

Postby Romeo247 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:14 am

some asian country wanted to donate like 5 million monkeys to clear land mines... where the hell was that report... i know one of u all brought this up before so i didnt make it up.. come on patriot or cold save my ass lol
Romeo247
BFCus Regularus

Postby yorick » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:02 pm

Monkeys huh... I think somebody was pulling your leg. Monkeys arent stupid. And if a troop of monkeys sees one of their pals get blown to smitherines, the rest of them will go on strike.

But it reminds me that soldiers used pigs to guide them through minefields circa WWI. Also Israelis are experimenting with pigs, using them to sniff out explosives.

(:=
yorick
malum discordiae

Postby crotalus01 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:53 am

the whole monkey thing is horseshit. but there was a story a few years ago that a government official in Cambodia floated trying to get Great Britian to ship over all the mad cows that they were going to destroy to let them wander through minefields and detonate the mines. cooler heads prevailed since the prion that causes crutzfield-yacob is not destroyed by heat...it would be aerosolized and released into the air every time a mad cow exploded.
Remember, Salad is NOT food. Salad is what food EATS...
crotalus01
Professional Skydiver

Postby DawnC71 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:26 am

I can think of a few people I would not mind shipping over to help do mine clearance....point a gun at them and say one word...."RUN"....you can add the word "FAST" if you want but i doubt it would make a difference
cheers,
dawn
Passion is necessity. It is not diligence, or simply being committed to a goal. Passion consumes you while you chase down your goal. Passion should always be your natural state of mind for it is what sparks momentum and sets the pace.
DawnC71
BFCus Regularus

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!